Your Underrated / Widely Unappreciated / Overlooked Albums?

YouCouldBeMine_2029

I'll Start with Mine...

Tangerine Dream - Exit - 1981 (One of Their best Imo)

Eurythmics - 1984 - 1984 (Soundtrack to 1984 by the Eurythmics)

Oasis - The Masterplan - 1998 (Blows 'Be Here Now' Away Imo)

The KLF - The White Room - 1989 (Original 1989 Mix)

Robert Plant - Now and Zen - 1988 (Sold Well but Underrated Imo)

L.A.M.F. - Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers, possibly the greatest out and out rock n roll album of the 70s

Blank Generation - Richard Hell & the Voidoids

The Stooges self titled, kinda looked at as their ‘finding their feet’ album but its fuckin’ brilliant end to end.

Happy Mondays first three albums Squirrel & The G Man, Bummed and Pills Thrills and Bellyaches.  It seems like they’re kinda just remembered for Step On and Kinky Afro, people forget they got a whole three albums of absolute class in.

Shouldn't these threads be in the music section? 

Also, this album. I've posted about it before in the past, but always happy to highlight its brilliance again. Allmusic's review puts it in the top 10 live albums of all time, but I doubt many people outside of Scotland will have listened to it.

MI0001898467.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

13 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Beatles for sale is a great record

Some people overlook at or even criticise it, sandwiched as it is between A Hard Day's Night and Help, because of the abundance of covers, but 'Baby's in Black'', 'No Reply' and 'I'm a Loser' are glorious. It might be my favourite Beatles album - well that or Help.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Some people overlook at or even criticise it, sandwiched as it is between A Hard Day's Night and Help, because of the abundance of covers, but 'Baby's in Black'', 'No Reply' and 'I'm a Loser' are glorious. It might be my favourite Beatles album - well that or Help.

I'll Follow the Sun is good, if I'm not mistaken a very early McCartney composition?  Lennon really puts his balls into Mr Moonlight, also Eight Days a Week, Paul gives Kansas City a good go too and, this is probably an unpopular opinion but I quite like Honey Don't (ooooh rock on George, for Ringo one time!).  Words of Love is a very respectable cover. 

• Like 1