What could be the best UYI 3-4-5 with the solo compositions of the big 5

OK.

so let me explain !!! As u guess it's such borring think to be locked in your apprtment in Paris for one month (maybe more...for sure). So I make a selection of music from the old GNR solo. Not the one I love the most but , and it's the most important, the one I imagine whith the 3 or the 4 or the 5 (as you want) playing on them to doing a UYI 3-4-5 (they get the time !!. Doing that show me also how Slash is able to compose such a great song . I know Izzy is important for a lot of us but I listen all the song and to be honest I really prefere Slash as a song writer.

What you think about this list ?

Sure we will not be all right on a lot of song but that's the game.

(I did on purpose not taking song from CD of.....GNR....Axl....I don't know !!!!)

I wish you all the best for this period

Bertrand

---The Joke is « We Belong Dead » of Slash. Much much horrible than « My world »----

Duff : believe in Me

Duff:10 Years

Duff Loaded : Lords of Abaddon

Duff Loaded : Seattlehead

Duff Loaded : Wrap My Arms

Duff Loaded : Fight (intru)

Gilby Clarke : Cure Me ...Or Kill Me

Gilby Clarke : Tijuana Jail

Gilby Clarke : Warm country sun

Adler's ; Alive

Neurotic Outsider : Feelings Are good

Neurotic Outsider : Revolution

Neurotic Outsider : Jerk

Neurotic Outsider:Union

Slash's Snakepit : Shine

Slash's Snakepit ; Mean Bone

Slash's Snakepit : Beggars Hangers- on

Slash's Snakepit  Monkey Chow

Slash's Snakepit : Be the Ball

Velvet revolver:She Builds quick Machines

Velvet revolver : messages

Velvet revolver :sucker train Blues

Velvet revolver :Fall to pieces

Velvet revolver :set Me free

Velvet revolver : You got No Right

Velvet revolver :Slither

Hollywood Rose : Killing Time

Hollywood Rose : Rocker

Izzy Stradlin : Sweet Caress

Izzy Stradlin : Snow

Izzy Stradlin : Tijuana (le Solo!!!!)

Izzy Stradlin : Phone

Izzy Stradlin : Underground

Izzy Stradlin : trance mission (intro of a song)

Izzy Stradlin : To be Alive (I imagine Slash playing the intro!!)

Slash :Toor far to gone

Slash : Battleground

Slash : Avalon

Slash : (Instru where Axl will put on another song;)

Slash : Standing in the sun

Slash :You're a lie

Slash : Anastasia (the best of the best for me)

Slash :Ghost

Slash :Beautiful Dangerous (yes yes. Why not!!)

Slash :Doctor Alibi

Slash :Nothing to say

• Like 1

I’d say all of Contraband, half of Snakepit 95, and half of Apocalyptic Love would’ve all made good GnR albums (with different lyrics and vocal melodies, of course).

So that adds up to about two albums.

For a hypothetical third album I’d say to go with the following:

GILBY: Cure Me Or Kill Me, Tijuana Jail, Dead Flowers

IZZY: Sweet Caress, Shuffle It All, Here Comes the Rain, Hammerhead, Box

SLASH: Ghost, World On Fire, Living the Dream

DUFF: How to Be A Man

VR: Messages

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’d say all of Contraband, half of Snakepit 95, and half of Apocalyptic Love would’ve all made good GnR albums (with different lyrics and vocal melodies, of course).

So that adds up to about two albums.

For a hypothetical third album I’d say to go with the following:

GILBY: Cure Me Or Kill Me, Tijuana Jail, Dead Flowers

IZZY: Sweet Caress, Shuffle It All, Here Comes the Rain, Hammerhead, Box

SLASH: Ghost, World On Fire, Living the Dream

DUFF: How to Be A Man

VR: Messages

No Anastasia and no Avalon for Slash ?

20 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Why would anyone want to have another UYI album? That would make as much sense as AfD2. 

Exactly! I want to hear the next step, not the same one repackaged! 

AC/DC somehow manage to make the same style of music each time, and keep my interest; but they are basically the only band that gets that pass... because it's fawking ACCADACCA!! 

I haven't heard anything on the snake pit records that I'd say was different enough from UYI. I'm sure had Axl and Duff come to the table to work on those songs they could have been made decent gnr songs, but as they stand there isn't a great album there. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Exactly! I want to hear the next step, not the same one repackaged! 

AC/DC somehow manage to make the same style of music each time, and keep my interest; but they are basically the only band that gets that pass... because it's fawking ACCADACCA!! 

I haven't heard anything on the snake pit records that I'd say was different enough from UYI. I'm sure had Axl and Duff come to the table to work on those songs they could have been made decent gnr songs, but as they stand there isn't a great album there. 

I’d MUCH rather hear GNR cover Beggars And Hangers On than Slither. Beggars is a brilliant tune and no coincidence it’s got a Duff writing credit too......definitely the best on the first Snakepit.

I think Axl could be great on it too.

Edited by DTJ80

13 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I’d MUCH rather hear GNR cover Beggars And Hangers On than Slither. Beggars is a brilliant tune and no coincidence it’s got a Duff writing credit too......definitely the best on the first Snakepit.

I wonder what Duff thought when he heard Inez just fucking killing it on the bass on that track. Its more finesse and musicality then Duff had at that point imho (few can play rock bass like Inez).

37 minutes ago, soon said:

I wonder what Duff thought when he heard Inez just fucking killing it on the bass on that track. Its more finesse and musicality then Duff had at that point imho (few can play rock bass like Inez).

Hopefully it helped him on his steps towards sobriety and becoming a better musician. Do we know what Duff actually contributed to the song?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Hopefully it helped him on his steps towards sobriety and becoming a better musician. Do we know what Duff actually contributed to the song?

There was a clip of Slash, Duff, Matt (and possibly Gilby, Dizzy and co) from UYI tour of them playing the main riff at soundcheck. The heavy version of the main riff.

So, I dont know the extent of Duffs contributions but he definitely played that riff.

The bridge section "I know that theres a time and a reason" part sounds a lot like a Duff part to my ears?

1 hour ago, soon said:

There was a clip of Slash, Duff, Matt (and possibly Gilby, Dizzy and co) from UYI tour of them playing the main riff at soundcheck. The heavy version of the main riff.

So, I dont know the extent of Duffs contributions but he definitely played that riff.

The bridge section "I know that theres a time and a reason" part sounds a lot like a Duff part to my ears?

It’s such a cool song - deserves some airtime by GNR. I’ve not read Duffs first book yet - not sure if he mentions it in there? Will keep an eye out when I do read it!

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I think Axl could be great on it too.

I'd much rather that song was dropped altogether... unless Axl permanently changes how he sings it altogether.

This is hard because some of the CD songs would never be written by the old band. But I’ve given it thought before, and for me it would be a mixture of CD songs/leaks, a selection of the VR albums and Come in,Come on, then about two songs from Slash’s solo album. And that would be it for me. Gilby was never going to write with GNR. And Izzy writes basic songs.