Ticketmaster Requiring Vaccination Proof For Concerts

RussTCB

21 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

What are we if not all individuals with our personal freedom, choice and desires though?

Members of communities.

You take that away by imposing fascistic regulations like the threat of perfectly law abiding citizens not being allowed to go to a public event unless they acquiesce to you injecting them with whatever and you're on a very slippery slope indeed.

Its the companies free will to do so. It doesn't impact anyone's freedom, as you allude to by saying you'd opt out. :shrugs:

I also think its the right thing to do. And I think I have a fairly solid logic. Like, UK is on lock down currently, right? If you had been vaccinated, you wouldnt be on lock down. So this possible method that LN is considering is in no way different than today's reality.

Me taking that particular stance isn't going to affect anyone but me as I would simply choose not to go rather than bow to that kind of bullshit.

I can respect that. I suppose that the personal decision to not attend is a bit separate from the argument as to why its said to be wrong of LN.

It does, however, boil my piss to think that some weak-willed twat would even consider allowing themselves to be harpooned against their better judgement simply because they are itching to see fucking Michael Bolton or some other bollocks.

I mean, this is a hypothetical about a hypothetical but Im sure that some consumers might do just as you say. Im not convinced that they would be putting themselves at risk by getting vaccinated though (but that's a different discussion).

But Michael Bolton can only play if he sells the 'break even' amount to stage a tour. If people agree with you, this is actually a situation of direct democracy, not fascism, where the masses could dictate their will by refusing to attend shows. (theyd be wrong though)

3 hours ago, soon said:

It makes perfect sense.

Yeah, makes sense to me too. I have the Motley Crue festival in August and KISS in October in large Texas venues so I would feel confident if all the fans had a vaccination for the corona virus. Hopefully by these concerts everyone will be able to get a safe covid vaccine. Otherwise, I was going to see how things were by these concerts and decide then.

The news has said some volunteers have gotten the two virus vaccinations and have felt good so far. Hopefully, this vaccine will work for all of us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

No. They don't. But that's how they make people get vaccinations. You wanna do certain things, get vaccinated or stay out. In a way understandable, in a way fucked up. To force people through the back door to subject themselves to a new and (longtime) untested vaccination.

Yeah. The next thing is travelling.

People who are scared should get vaccines and then they will be safe and happy. Leave everyone else alone...

• Like 4

13 hours ago, soon said:

Members of communities.

That's rather nonsensical. I have an immune system as does everyone else in the community. If others are suitably afraid of a virus that they wish to be vaccinated, that's absolutely fine, good luck to them... but those that choose not to should not have restrictions put on them or be punished in any way for not doing so. Trying to force compulsory vaccination through things such as this would amount to fascism.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

That's rather nonsensical. I have an immune system as does everyone else in the community. If others are suitably afraid of a virus that they wish to be vaccinated, that's absolutely fine, good luck to them... but those that choose not to should not have restrictions put on them or be punished in any way for not doing so. Trying to force compulsory vaccination through things such as this would amount to fascism.

It is a fact that we are all members of communities, though. So you cant call that nonsense.

Why dont you just say "George Sorros" and get it over with?! lol

44 minutes ago, soon said:

It is a fact that we are all members of communities, though. So you cant call that nonsense.

You are advocating putting restrictions on men and women who have committed no crime, done no harm to their fellow men and women, simply because they don't feel the need to be vaccinated against a virus that has a high percentage to not trouble them in the slightest.

Vaccination must always be voluntary and not by coercion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bucketfoot said:

You are advocating putting restrictions on men and women who have committed no crime, done no harm to their fellow men and women, simply because they don't feel the need to be vaccinated against a virus that has a high percentage to not trouble them in the slightest.

No :lol:

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Vaccination must always be voluntary and not by coercion.

There is no coercion. All thats happening is you are choosing to not attend concerts.

3 hours ago, soon said:

Because there is a pandemic.

yeah, I know that.

the point is, I never "chose" wether I want to attend concerts or not. The choice never even crossed my mind.

I refuse to take the vaccin (the only choice I made, and have the right to make), and then all these nazis are telling me I can't do stuff I want. How the fuck is that choice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, action said:

yeah, I know that.

the point is, I never "chose" wether I want to attend concerts or not. The choice never even crossed my mind.

I refuse to take the vaccin (the only choice I made, and have the right to make), and then all these nazis are telling me I can't do stuff I want. How the fuck is that choice?

"nazis" lol. I have to laugh at how often that term gets thrown around when it doesn't apply in any way. 

It's your right to not get a vaccination. However, one of many side effects of your decision is not being allowed to go to concerts. 

So you're making a choice and you don't like the consequences of the choice you're making. That's not anyone's fault but yours. No one is holding you back from anything other than you as a direct result of a choice you are making for yourself. 

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

"nazis" lol. I have to laugh at how often that term gets thrown around when it doesn't apply in any way. 

It's your right to not get a vaccination. However, one of many side effects of your decision is not being allowed to go to concerts. 

So you're making a choice and you don't like the consequences of the choice you're making. That's not anyone's fault but yours. No one is holding you back from anything other than you as a direct result of a choice you are making for yourself. 

I accept that there are consequences to my choice not to take a vaccin.

the consequences are precisely the problem.

it's the consequences I take offence at. The consequences don't need to be accepted. they deserve to be challenged. Are these consequences approved by law? Any democratic backing? Or is it just a shitty ticket company making that rule? we do live in a democracy, no? nazism = absence of democracy.

what if they reject black people from entering concerts? 

if they are not allowed to refuse black people, then with what right are they refusing people who are not vaccinated?

"the consequences" are uncalled for, and in violation to my right of self-determination. the legality of this, is highly problematic

Edited by action
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, action said:

it's the consequences I take offence at. The consequences don't need to be accepted. they deserve to be challenged. Are these consequences approved by law? Any democratic backing? Or is it just a shitty ticket company making that rule? we do live in a democracy, no? nazism = absence of democracy.

if they are not allowed to refuse black people, then with what right are they refusing people who are not vaccinated?

"the consequences" are uncalled for, and in violation to my right of self-determination. the legality of this, is highly problematic

Correct, they can't refuse to allow black people and do you know why? Because being black isn't a choice. Refusing a vaccine is a choice. The fact that you don't like the possible consequences of your own choice doesn't make anyone else a nazi. It makes you a person who doesn't want to be responsible for their own choices. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Correct, they can't refuse to allow black people and do you know why? Because being black isn't a choice. Refusing a vaccine is a choice. The fact that you don't like the possible consequences of your own choice doesn't make anyone else a nazi. It makes you a person who doesn't want to be responsible for their own choices. 

not all consequences are acceptable.

I'm sure, you can think of consequences in life, which you too, will find unacceptable.

I find the decision not to allow people to a concert, unacceptable.

And many people agree with me.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, action said:

You can’t catch “black” you utter cretin!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dazey said:

By a private company organising said concerts. Their concerts, their rules. 

their rules, but they need to be in accordance with the law of course

everyone needs to abide the law, and that includes private companies.

just because you agree with ticketmaster, doesn't make their actions legal.

and pssst, the nazis have been cast out 70 years ago ;)