Ticketmaster Requiring Vaccination Proof For Concerts

RussTCB

How long until shops, restaurants, travel companies, sporting events and the like start adopting similar tactics? Don't bother leaving the house or expect any quality of life unless you accept vaccination, basically.

If this is their much talked about 'new normal' they can suck my balls.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

How long until shops, restaurants, travel companies, sporting events and the like start adopting similar tactics? Don't bother leaving the house or expect any quality of life unless you accept vaccination, basically.

If this is their much talked about 'new normal' they can suck my balls.

Or stop being a pussy and get vaccinated.

• Haha 2

I'm not denying that they have a legal right to admit whoever they want on their premises, however this doesn't remove my right to call them ''wankers'' for it either. Ultimately it doesn't really affect me as I no longer attend concerts now for a variety of non-corona reasons.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not denying that they have a legal right to admit whoever they want on their premises, however this doesn't remove my right to call them ''wankers'' for it either. Ultimately it doesn't really affect me as I no longer attend concerts now for a variety of non-corona reasons.

Your original statement wasnt that they are "wankers" though. This was your original statement,

On 11/12/2020 at 12:48 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Are they going to drag people kicking and screaming to the vaccination clinic? Utterly absurd.

So, you see, you are walking back your original statement ^^ without acknowledging its absurdity.

Classic Mott and Bailey, an argumentative fallacy.

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

Would a positive covid test fuck up a Canadian's healthcare access? 

I never implied that it would. I was specifically talking about life insurance... as well as health insurance (prescriptions are not free in canada) for those not privileged enough to have a job that covers it.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Your original statement wasnt that they are "wankers" though. This was your original statement,

So, you see, you are walking back your original statement ^^ without acknowledging its absurdity.

Classic Mott and Bailey, an argumentative fallacy.

You heading into Soulean levels of pedantry.

It is shocking that it needs to be repeated over and over and over and over and over again, but we are in a pandemic. In theory, rules and expectations that existed before are out the window until this thing is under control. Desperate measures can include requiring the coronavirus vaccine for things like school, work, events, etc at least for a while. If there weren't, cases would continue to surge well after a vaccine was launched. It is understandable if you do not want it right now due to safety concerns. I know plenty of reasonable people that are wary of it because of the speed it was created at, but it is quite literally are only ticket out of this right now without even more widespread death. Because of the vaccine, we will be able to end this with millions of deaths as opposed to tens of millions (or more) of deaths. That being said, you have all of the world's top minds working towards this, at a rate unseen in the world before. Not politicians, but actual scientists who know what they are doing. I have faith that no safety corners were cut, as an unsafe vaccine launched at this scale would be unacceptable. It is incredible we have such promising candidates less than a year into this.

If you want to wait to get it, that is your right. At the same time, I believe the expectation should be that you might miss out on large scale events. In all honesty, you will probably be able to do anything you want because the government has done a pitiful job mitigating this. If you are just a straight up anti- vaxxer in general, your views are extremely dangerous and ignorant. There is no conspiracy behind them, they are tools of modern medicine. Hopefully everyone here gets the inevitable coronavirus vaccine when it is available, the more people that get it the sooner this will be behind us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nobody is demanding vaccination though. They are literally "only asking for proof," either in the form of vaccination status or negative test results. I agree with you that if they were demanding vaccinations, they'd be out of line and people should be angry about it... but you're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Stills seems like a lot to ask for an industry that could be in danger if it places restrictions of any kind on attending a show. 

15 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

It is shocking that it needs to be repeated over and over and over and over and over again, but we are in a pandemic. In theory, rules and expectations that existed before are out the window until this thing is under control. Desperate measures can include requiring the coronavirus vaccine for things like school, work, events, etc at least for a while. If there weren't, cases would continue to surge well after a vaccine was launched. It is understandable if you do not want it right now due to safety concerns. I know plenty of reasonable people that are wary of it because of the speed it was created at, but it is quite literally are only ticket out of this right now without even more widespread death. Because of the vaccine, we will be able to end this with millions of deaths as opposed to tens of millions (or more) of deaths. That being said, you have all of the world's top minds working towards this, at a rate unseen in the world before. Not politicians, but actual scientists who know what they are doing. I have faith that no safety corners were cut, as an unsafe vaccine launched at this scale would be unacceptable. It is incredible we have such promising candidates less than a year into this.

You are acting like Covid is a deadly desease. To most it it isn't. So the question is, do I get a vaccine, with potentially bad side effects/long term effects which can not be known now or do I risk getting Covid, which potentially won't even do much to me?

3 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Stills seems like a lot to ask for an industry that could be in danger if it places restrictions of any kind on attending a show. 

It really doesn't seem like that much to ask. It's not like the industry could be doing much worse, and really all they're doing is getting you to confirm you don't have covid, so if [when] there's an outbreak, they won't be liable. It's an easier solution than testing every attendee as they enter a socially-distanced venue, IMO.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

You are acting like Covid is a deadly desease. To most it it isn't. So the question is, do I get a vaccine, with potentially bad side effects/long term effects which can not be known now or do I risk getting Covid, which potentially won't even do much to me?

It is a deadly disease. What

4 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

If contracted you have 99.6% chance of survival... deadly indeed...

Average age of death from Covid in the UK is 82... Eighty Fucking Two!

Around the same as the life expectancy of a male.

I'm absolutely beside myself with fear and we should obviously vaccinate every healthy man, woman and child.

Absolute load of shit.

• Like 3

Just curious:

For those who are either anti vax or don't think the virus is that big of a deal to begin with: what do you think the right way forward is? Just restart concerts as they were before the pandemic? 

Honest question. Not looking for an argument. I'm genuinely curious what your solution to concerts returning is. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

For those who are either anti vax or don't think the virus is that big of a deal to begin with: what do you think the right way forward is? Just restart concerts as they were before the pandemic?

Well. In this climate you obviously can't. As eventually someone will get blamed should something happen and you can't really shut everything down, but have concerts going on. But at some point.... going to a concert, with how many people do you actually get in close contact for a prolonged time? Just because there are 15,000 people, don't mean you get in contact with 15,000 people. And passing someone, who has Corona, doesn't actually give you Corona too. So, once lock downs are lifted, why not? People, who are worried or at risk, will stay away anyway. People, who feel sick, probably too.

• Haha 1