2021 could bring touring back...

DurhamGirl

4 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

With the promise of a vacine and a new US president who takes covid seriously it looks as though touring could be back on for next year...yeeeaa!  Who will be attending GnR?

I still have my Lollapalooza ARG tickets, scheduled for november 2021. COVID should be waaay ver for that time (will it be? :lol:), but they still haven't confirmed GnR's presence :(

Live Nation is a publicly traded company. I think we will see them put a positive sheen on things - especially the vaccine - to keep investor confidence up. But no one will know how big of a hit the live music industry will take until it actually starts up again.

• Like 1

It's a complicated question. The imminent vaccine releases do not mean this is over instantly. Distribution will be a herculean effort and even once someone is vaccinated, most are 2 doses that don't kick in for a month.

Could concerts happen in the summer of 2021? If distribution is near perfect, I could see it, but that is unlikely. We will see. The good news is that they will certainly return, we just need to be vigilant and patient with the vaccine rollout

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I just want to say that even if arena, stadium, and festival shows do not happen for the next year or more, that doesn't mean it is all doom and gloom. The world is in for a VERY rough next few months, and unfortunately, a lot more people are going to get infected. However, there are almost 8 billion people on this planet, and we now know a vaccine release is actually imminent. Pfizer will have its peer review out in weeks, and approval will follow. It is all but inevitable at this point, and it looks like Moderna and Astrazeneca are right behind it. Not only that, but it is massively exceeding realistic, scientific expectations in terms of efficacy. Where governments failed, science prevailed. So even if big events aren't the best idea a year from now, imagine being able to go see friends and families, go to parties, bars, work, local gigs, restaurants, stores, etc without the sense of impeding dread that maybe you or someone you know could get sick simply by being out and about. I know this thread is about big concerts, and we are eager to attend them and large sporting events, but a lot of positivity is on the horizon even if these take a little longer. 

Actually, who am I kidding? There has been terrible leadership and regulations. It is also very likely that as soon as the vaccine is approved in Q1 2021, everyone will say "fuck it!"

• Like 2

I saw GN'R twice and Slash once since the reunion and that's enough for me. 

I would probably go to a third GN'R show but it would be a waste of money without any new songs. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I just want to say that even if arena, stadium, and festival shows do not happen for the next year or more, that doesn't mean it is all doom and gloom. The world is in for a VERY rough next few months, and unfortunately, a lot more people are going to get infected. However, there are almost 8 billion people on this planet, and we now know a vaccine release is actually imminent. Pfizer will have its peer review out in weeks, and approval will follow. It is all but inevitable at this point, and it looks like Moderna and Astrazeneca are right behind it. Not only that, but it is massively exceeding realistic, scientific expectations in terms of efficacy. Where governments failed, science prevailed. So even if big events aren't the best idea a year from now, imagine being able to go see friends and families, go to parties, bars, work, local gigs, restaurants, stores, etc without the sense of impeding dread that maybe you or someone you know could get sick simply by being out and about. I know this thread is about big concerts, and we are eager to attend them and large sporting events, but a lot of positivity is on the horizon even if these take a little longer. 

Actually, who am I kidding? There has been terrible leadership and regulations. It is also very likely that as soon as the vaccine is approved in Q1 2021, everyone will say "fuck it!"

Yes you are right I think I am jumping the gun a bit with excitement at a new US president (means climate change will be taken seriously too) and news of a vaccine.  But of course logistics are going to be horrendous.  Just wondering how it works in the US, will you have to pay for a vaccine?

15 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Yes you are right I think I am jumping the gun a bit with excitement at a new US president (means climate change will be taken seriously too) and news of a vaccine.  But of course logistics are going to be horrendous.  Just wondering how it works in the US, will you have to pay for a vaccine?

The vaccines will probably be free but we will probably have to pay to get them administered. Most insurance should cover it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 8:19 AM, jamillos said:

I expect small local concerts in the order of several hundreds, but wouldn't expect events with 50 thousand people until 2022. 

I think this might be a best possible approach to bring the industry back.

House of Blues concert halls, club/restaurant like this caliber, Hammerstein Ballroom  and places like that.

The entertainers, income wise , who cares. They earn the most , but can afford to earn the least by having smaller shows .

Sold out shows. Maybe pay per view shows.

Concerts ONLY employ: LiveNation staff, venue staff, entertainer’s road employees and non- road staff, stage crew, etc.

Many people who work with the entertainers or in some kind of concert capacity have been  out of work.

On 11/12/2020 at 6:49 AM, rocknroll41 said:

Nah. Even with a vaccine, the economic fallout from this will take years to stabilize. A lot of people lost their jobs cause of all this and can’t even afford to see bands like GnR anymore.

I agree with you 

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Amaya said:

I think this might be a best possible approach to bring the industry back.

House of Blues concert halls, club/restaurant like this caliber, Hammerstein Ballroom  and places like that.

The entertainers, income wise , who cares. They earn the most , but can afford to earn the least by having smaller shows .

Sold out shows. Maybe pay per view shows.

Concerts ONLY employ: LiveNation staff, venue staff, entertainer’s road employees and non- road staff, stage crew, etc.

Many people who work with the entertainers or in some kind of concert capacity have been  out of work.

I agree with you 

Absolutely. And such small venues downright ask for being recorded. It would cost less than a stadium footage, and it would be sort of... up close and personal. 

• 3 weeks later...

2021 could see touring again...or maybe not.  Here in the UK the covid situation has become abysmal with a new strain more transmitable appearing and then yesterday another similar strain from South Africa was found.  Lots of the country is lock down over xmas and numbers of hospital admissions etc are soaring, gosh do we need that vaccine.

What does this mean for GnR I wonder, as they have not done anything on line etc.  Will we see them again, will we hear from them again...

• 1 month later...