AC/DC Guardian interview - Axl mention

This may need moving to the AXl/DC section - apologies if so mods.

Anyways, AC/DC are on the promotion trail and doing a few interviews to support their new album. They're not answering question about Phil Rudd, but they are about Axl's time with the band which will likely throw up a few nuggets and insights.

This Guardian piece mentions that they didn't know Axl before if was drafted in as cover - I was under the impression that they had a long held relationship.

Also has a nice line about Axl's propensity to throw in random songs to a setlist at a moment's notice:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/nov/13/return-of-acdc-angus-young-brian-johnson-cliff-williams-interview

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scottish nutter said:

I seen a different interview where angus said he had met axl once years ago, and to him he was very, very nice, someone is telling porkies somewhere lol

Meeting someone once is very different from having a close relationship though. Maybe they were just acquaintances rather than good friends?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dean said:

They really should have marked that collaboration with a live release. For all the boycotting the died in the wool AC/DC fans would have done would have been made up by GN'R fans.

Yeah. They should have just released a double disc. One show with Brian and one with Axl. That would have been awesome.

Edited by PatrickS77

5 hours ago, moreblack said:

That would've been unnecessary. You don't spend money on AC/DC for Axl Rose.

Axl would just be a hired gun and couldn't even write his own lyrics. The band would still record the same songs with another singer. 

Edited by Sosso

1 minute ago, bangit said:

Would be good to see a Axl on stage with Brian in a future tour as a guest appearance........just saying! 

Listening to Power UP today, it's ok..... still growing on me. 

I guess Angus don't want put  Axl as a guest to not put Brian and Ac/Dc fans bit uncomfortable.  

8 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I guess Angus don't want put  Axl as a guest to not put Brian and Ac/Dc fans bit uncomfortable.  

Brian is a professional singer since over 40 years. He has no ego like most of the other rock stars. 

Edited by Sosso

Just now, Sosso said:

Brian is a professionell singer since over 40 years. He has no ego like most of the other rock stars. 

Good to him. But i'm put it more from the Angus point of view. But it is just my supposition. I not know nothing, can be wrong.