What do you want first?

What do you want first?  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Being realistic though...

I'd just like the slightest sign of humanity, normality and empathic communication from the band. And to have them behave like a normal band. Even if it is pretend, I'd still take it... An interview. A little snippet on YouTube. Photos of Axl in the studio. Plans for the future (even if vague). And I'd like this directly from the band. Not via others. Take a leaf out of ACDC or Yhe Smashing Pumpkins book. Just be normal.

Exactly. I’m not answer asking much from my favourite band. I’m simply asking for something that points towards something happening or even a hint of a hint which makes me care about the band the way I used to do in the early 2000s. The band aren’t helping what I’m sure is not just my frustration as a fan of this band. We as a fan base want to support this band, but we need something to actually support.

I’ve albums from loads of other bands that I like but none of them are GNR. I’ve been looking on YouTube for new bands that I don’t want to be carbon copies of GNR but to have the same energy and I’ve found one called The warning from Mexico who have played the whisky in LA four times and my god do they have an energy and enthusiasm for music. 

On 11/16/2020 at 3:17 AM, Tadsy said:

I think this is a very real concern. 

Yep - everyone wants a new album, but with Axl's voice sounding like it does, plus the fact that I still think there are big creative differences within the band make me kind of nervous to what it may sound like.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

Yep - everyone wants a new album, but with Axl's voice sounding like it does, plus the fact that I still think there are big creative differences within the band make me kind of nervous to what it may sound like.

I struggled to believe we will hear any new vocals, even if by some miracle we get a new album, or just a song. I'd put good money on Chinese era vocal tracks being used as the main body.

But we're not getting anything, so the conjecture is pretty pointless at this stage.

13 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

To be fair - based on Rock The Rock, I have no worries at all what the vocals in the studio would sound like.

Replicating them live might be tougher....unless it’s more ‘comfortable’ to execute.

On 11/17/2020 at 5:40 PM, BangoSkank said:

I’m with you, there are huge creative differences within the band. That’s the number one reason for no new music in my opinion. Also, the creative differences could be seen as something that could cause tension within the band if a album was forced,  and fuck up the unity the band now has achieved. 

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I’m with you, there are huge creative differences within the band. That’s the number one reason for no new music in my opinion. Also, the creative differences could be seen as something that could cause tension within the band if a album was forced,  and fuck up the unity the band now has achieved. 

So what if it causes tension, there better be some tension to bring back some life into this "band". If they're unable to do something other than these boring cash grab tours with this weird hybrid lineup they should quit already.

8 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Exactly - they may be thinking that that was a big source of tension in the '90s and they are walking on egg shells with is.

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2020 at 12:11 AM, kiwiguns said:

So you are saying its disrespectful of the band to treat the fans in a certain way, but then you tell the band, "or go the fuck away for good..." 

Yep, if thats being respectful, then you wounder why the band acts like it does towards certain fans, more so fans who are happy to tell people, whom they have never meet or have no involvement in their daily lives to go the F**k away for good... 

haha if you’ve spent the insane amount of money(and maybe you have) that I have over 30 years on this band maybe you’d get it. They haven’t shown respect for the fans EVER. It’s nothing new. The quality and integrity is long gone. The longer they hang around the more damage they do to their legacy as the greatest rock band in history.

slash and duff are absolute money hungry whores. Just a cash grab. Yes so they can just “fuck off”

Edited by circusboy666
Spell

On 11/18/2020 at 12:40 AM, BangoSkank said:

I trust in Duff and Slash. If they compose new songs as Slash said it's because they know Axl can sing on them. They are far from to be stupide