1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

I don't care about those bands, and for the most part those bands dont expect me to pay £100 to see the same show. For that ticket cost I expect something extra. When I saw the stones, you could tell theres a deep connection between Keith and mick. ACDC, angus and Brian are very charismatic on stage. Kiss is a constant wow (I'm trying to compare them to their contemporaries rather than todays bands) GnR can't give me a 90% emotionless machine like set of the same songs and expect me to keep on coming. And as I've said the evidence is that slash said him and axl weren't close away from the band after 89, you don't see all of them out together anywhere. You can argue axl likes privacy, that's true but slash wasn't at an axl birthday dinner that was posted online, slash and duff mingle a lot. Paul and Gene are friends away from the band, mick and keith still go out together when on tour to see things. As I have said, I wouldn't care what they do away from the band, if they delivered me the show I am paying for. At GnRs level, getting up and simply playing the hits isn't enough. 

Why are you telling me this? This has nothing to do with what I reacted to. Whether you like their performance or not is something I really couldn't care less about.

You said 5 posts ago that they are not friends because Axl only touches Slash once during a show and they don't show any emotion. I don't agree, but even if I did, your conclusion makes no sense.

You have no idea about their current relationship and whether they hang out together or not. And neither do I. But I am not the one making assumptions about this.

I'm trying to tell you that you shouldn't judge something you clearly don't know anything about, but again with no success, so I will leave it at that because this is not going anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Christ on a bike, one last time... maybe actually read what people are saying this time, okay?  I never said that they're close, no one here has, I personally don't have an opinion because I don'

Nah. You seem to know too many things about Them, Simply watching Them on stage. @Snooze The thruth Is that nobody knows what happens behind the scenes

this thread is...  

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Why are you telling me this? This has nothing to do with what I reacted to. Whether you like their performance or not is something I really couldn't care less about.

You said 5 posts ago that they are not friends because Axl only touches Slash once during a show and they don't show any emotion. I don't agree, but even if I did, your conclusion makes no sense.

You have no idea about their current relationship and whether they hang out together or not. And neither do I. But I am not the one making assumptions about this.

I'm trying to tell you that you shouldn't judge something you clearly don't know anything about, but again with no success, so I will leave it at that because this is not going anywhere.

Fuck me, you dont need to be Einstein to work out they aren't close. the shows are a good indicator, the comments from their books are better. Stop ignoring the evidence of your eyes and ears. I don't know why it bothers you that they aren't but in a free world on a GnR community, I can say they are not close, based on the evidence. Sure you can belittle it, but in my opinion which is formed using the evidence of the past 30 years, they aint mates. This thread is even about this exact subject. What you don't like is, I don't agree with your opinion, you have nothing to back up your opinion and you don't like that your precious axl and slash aren't BFFs. Get over yourself

• Confused 1
8 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Point is you don't have a fucking clue if they are or aren't, as much as you want to believe that you know based on your ridiculous "evidence" which isn't even evidence to begin with.

English must be your second language. I'll explain it to you. The OP started a thread and wanted to know about axl and slash's chemistry on stage. There aint any. Any nuthugger can say otherwise, but that would be delusion. This, and along with everything they have said and done in either the books, or interviews leads me to believe as stated in my opinion, they are not close friends. As much as you want to believe they are for some weird reason. I have not said it's verbatim or it's stone cold fact they are not friends. I have said in my opinion judging by everything we know (which i am aware is not everything there is to know) they are not close friends. If you need any more help with this, please ask. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Christ above, at the end of the day it's one night out of your week that you get to go to a show, hear some of your favorite songs, played by the people that made them, have a few drinks, then go home and go to work the next day. If you go in wanting to hate it, don't go. But more than likely it'll be a good time. It's not any more than that.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Fuck me, you dont need to be Einstein to work out they aren't close. the shows are a good indicator, the comments from their books are better. 

Comments from books that all predate this reunion?

Actually wasnt there an occasion where i think it was part of the european tour , where axl and slash went to one of the grand prix's?. . Because as axl said both him and slash are gear heads?.

I can see slash going through the motions in 19 and 20. I personally think the relationship between axl and slash is very workman like but i think slash has mixed feelings about the lineup of the band, and for whatever reason seems like he cannot get into it. Maybe thats why he seems emotionless on stage.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

I have never understood why it is so imperative to make a ton of dosh when you already have a ton.  I came across an add on Youtube for rings being sold by Slash, a while back it looked as though Duff was selling their country house via Youtube....and the reunion may be a cashgrap.  Nope I dont get it, it seems incredibly greedy but then I have neverr lived in that world to know. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I have never understood why it is so imperative to make a ton of dosh when you already have a ton.  I came across an add on Youtube for rings being sold by Slash, a while back it looked as though Duff was selling their country house via Youtube....and the reunion may be a cashgrap.  Nope I dont get it, it seems incredibly greedy but then I have neverr lived in that world to know. 

Once you start craving money, it's all consuming. You can never have enough. 

It's an alien world to me. Which is a good job really, as I'm unemployed in the middle of a pandemic, so not exactly wiping my arse on banknotes at the moment! 

• Like 2
On 11/13/2020 at 2:36 PM, JimiRose said:

Axl will maybe once per show walk over to slash put his hand on his back, slash won't react and then walk away. There is zero chemistry between any of them. The only time sparks fly were when slash and fortus had their instrumental solo together, but that died after 130 performances. It's clear they're not friends outside of the band, it's for the paycheque now. I'd imagine slash and duff are still close though.

What happened after gig 130?! Did Axl bang Slash's gf or something?! OMG OMG OMG

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I heard Howard Stearn ask Steve Tyler if Axl and Slash had fallen out due to one of them shagging the others partner and Steve Tyler said 'no it goes deeper than that' but he couldnt say anything.

Ive seen that too. So mysterious. I think Tyler is a major bullshitter, but that quote somehow rings true. But what is "deeper?"

1 hour ago, soon said:

Ive seen that too. So mysterious. I think Tyler is a major bullshitter, but that quote somehow rings true. But what is "deeper?"

In terms of the fall out was that recently or just around axl and slash not been speakung for 25 years pre reunion?.

“I did meet Axl in a couple of clubs, a year ago, two years ago, three years ago, and I’d bump into him and I’d have that talk,” Tyler said on Stern’s SiriusXM show...

Tyler said he had also brought up the issue with Slash, and agreed with Stern that the GN’R guitarist had been more open to a reunion than the frontman. As to what caused one of the deepest rifts in rock history, Tyler wouldn’t divulge any details. “I get the whole thing,” he said, noting the feud went much deeper than brotherly betrayal or a clash of egos.

“I can only hope that Axl sees that the greater picture is to not be angry at Duff or Slash, and for Axl to understand that he’s the lead singer of a great band,” Tyler said. “And the world wants to see Axl with the original band.” - RS.com

Deeper? To begin with, Slash & Duff were both in the band, as contract players, in '96. The rift grew deeper after they left. Slash in particular was then bombarded by the music press about all things Guns. Combine his hurt with alcohol and you get juicy statements, alright. Add in the fact that press loves controversy and conflict - that captivates readers. Axl stays silent, while comments by Slash and others are recycled, ultimately dropping context. Fans left wanting get to read what an asshole Ax appears to be, over and over again. That he and he alone is to blame for ruining the old Guns.

The 'Axl ruined the band for everyone' narrative really got under his skin over the years. That upped the pressure to make CD something special - the best hard rock album ever. While Axl (undoubtedly) always wanted to make an ambitious album, his unfavorable portrayal in the media only fueled his desire, along with anxiety & indecisiveness. Part of the CD agenda was to backslash Slash; I bet he was, in many strange ways, a huge inspiration for the album in ways he never intended to be.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

"I used to make a little but the little wouldn't do, so the little got more and more / I just keep trying to make a little more, a little more than before"

• Like 1
On 11/14/2020 at 9:57 AM, JimiRose said:

You enjoy your music bland and passionless. There is no emotion and passion in their playing, it is robotic. I wish I could be content with mediocrity in live performance, but im not. There is a reason most people on this forum wouldn't go see them again. If they were knocking it out the park, like say ACDC or KISS do every time they hit the stage, then the lack of new music could be overlooked. But I don't know what you are comparing too. When I saw GnR in 2006, there was fire there was energy. When i Saw them in 2010 and 12, there was energy and it was a show. Now it is a machine. Now granted, that's not the worst thing. But I want more than that. And no, passion is not hugging after a song or crying tears during a solo. It is a feeling, when you're at the gig you know. And sadly, it's not there. 

And what they're like outside the band? I don't particularly care, but they are not buddies chatting every few days and meeting up for meals and drinks. Axl n Slash were never that close when they were in their peak, they're completely different guys who happened to connect musically. So I'd say common sense means we know what happens behind the scenes, if we so care. 

I have to disagree with your comment. I saw AC/DC 4 times. 3 times with Brian Johnson and the 4th with Axl. The last AC/DC concert that I saw with Brian Johnson was in 2015 at MetLife Stadium.   Now I don't know if this was when Johnson was having hearing issues, but it was VERY clear he was mailing it in with his performance.  He was much better in 2000 and 2009. As a result of him mailing it in, AC/DC seemed stale and robotic. Now I did see them the following year in 2016 and they seemed rejuvenated with Axl. I wouldn't say that AC/DC knocked it out of the park for every performance since they didn't do so in 2015 at MetLife.

I saw GNR twice during the NITL tour in 2016 at MetLife Stadium and 2017 at Madison Square Garden. They did different things for both shows. Axl had brought Pink to the stage for the ending of Patience. That was cool and different. Also, it was noticeable that the three of them were happy and energetic to play at MetLife Stadium and MSG. Additionally, when I saw GNR in 2011 at the IZod Center, GNR looked dead.   The arena was half empty and there wasn't that passion. As a result of my experiences I have to disagree with your post.  

• Like 1

I saw them twice in 1993 and it was really amazing. It was them out there as a unit against the world. I saw them again on the nitl tour in Madrid. It was still awesome to see them, but nowhere near as exciting. Something has gone. I don't know what's missing, but I wouldn't be interested in seeing them again live unless it was VIP maybe.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

In terms of the fall out was that recently or just around axl and slash not been speakung for 25 years pre reunion?.

I think the Tyler clip was pre reunion iirc. I think Tyler has spoken about it a few times though, kinda before during and after reunion speculation began.

But to me he always seems to suggest it wasnt creative differnces, not money, not women, but something "deeper."

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

If you had to pick just one.

New GN'R record or an hour long interview with slash and axl talking about how they drifted apart up to CD/VR years and up to how they reunited. 

New GNR record - every time

I’d love to know what went on but new music always takes priority!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

If you had to pick just one.

New GN'R record or an hour long interview with slash and axl talking about how they drifted apart up to CD/VR years and up to how they reunited. 

New record of course. They won't tell the whole truth anyway.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 2