Have there been any 'selects' this month?

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

The should do the world a favor and release a classic era selects once in awhile.. Just to remind everyone how much of a force they were live back in the day.  

Was recently revisiting Saskatoon, I second this.  There could never be too many videos of GNR from that time

Actually it is kind of odd how money oriented GNR is yet they have not even done like a "classic live series" vault release thing like the Stones have done.  That would be easy money

• Like 2

Just now, WhazUp said:

Was recently revisiting Saskatoon, I second this.  There could never be too many videos of GNR from that time

Actually it is kind of odd how money oriented GNR is yet they have not even done like a "classic live series" vault release thing like the Stones have done.  That would be easy money

One of the big mysteries around this band. There's so much money they COULD be making by doing things like this.

I'll never understand the preference to let things rot on the floor of a vault rather than allow fans to see them and pay money for them. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

One of the big mysteries around this band. There's so much money they COULD be making by doing things like this.

I'll never understand the preference to let things rot on the floor of a vault rather than allow fans to see them and pay money for them.

It would probably involve giving money and publicity to "former employees" so... the classic recordings will rot in the vault forever.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Surely that can't be the reason can it? 

The AFD reissue happened, after all....

I was mostly joking, but it also wouldn't really surprise me if Axl was that petty... :lol: I mean they didn't even include the Ritz show in the AFD box, even though they showed it at a release party :facepalm:

I would also guess that they're in no hurry to give Matt any money or attention after reading his book...

19 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I really do not understand how any of the selects (Houston the exception) got released in the first place. 

Axl obviously was aware enough about them seeing as he's barely shown on screen at all, how can he be ok with sounding that way?

I can only wonder if they're trying to manage expectations.

As for the sound most of it is really poorly mixed and extremely unprofessional.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

The "select" I would look forward to, is if they, after 5 years, finally would put that fucking Troubadour show online. That would be the one thing they could do to honour the fans.

You meant to say the 2002 VMA rehearsals video, right!? Hahahahaha! Oh how I jest.

• Haha 1

I don't understand why they don't just release the lot. Good, bad or indifferent, whatever your views or opinions, Guns had many lineups, many good and bad gigs, and an archived history of all eras if released professionally and with care would be epic. Forget any specific issues with individual members - it's literally cutting your nose off to spite the fans (and yourself). Many bands have had multiple like ups and respect their overall legacy. Not just a part of it. You can't change history. Release the lot, carefully and with respect. And you know what - if some fans only want "classic era" that's fine, those fans can just hunt out what they want and ignore the rest.