Oceania Tour Dates 2021 announced!

11 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Remember what they did with the Apollo show... AFD crosses everywhere, only to have a regular setlist and no Izzy/Steven guest spots.

Right.

If Steven and Izzy weren't involved then, locally in the states-- I don't see them being flown overseas in the middle of all this for shows that may not even happen/ or be allowed to draw the crowds to make it worth the band's while to split that "fp money" with any former members.

but who knows... It'd be great if it happens.

Edited by doakes

26 minutes ago, doakes said:

Right.

If Steven and Izzy weren't involved then, locally in the states-- I don't see them being flown overseas in the middle of all this for shows that may not even happen/ or be allowed to draw the crowds to make it worth the band's while to split that "fp money" with any former members.

but who knows... It'd be great if it happens.

Why does everyone keep saying these shows won't happen? Australia has been vigilant. There were 14 cases in South Australia and they slammed back into heavy lock down within a day.

• Like 2

If you choose to speculate that Izzy and Adler are back based on the use of the AFD cross, which has been used throughout the NITL tour, in one crappy looking advert, then the future dissapointment is all yours. 

Won't stop some naive people though, just as that clearly fake pathetic piece of paper hasn't stopped naive people thinking a new album will be released on Nov 25th. 

Tragic all round. 

• Like 3

Just now, allwaystired said:

If you choose to speculate that Izzy and Adler are back based on the use of the AFD cross, which has been used throughout the NITL tour, in one crappy looking advert, then the future dissapointment is all yours. 

Won't stop some naive people though, just as that clearly fake pathetic piece of paper hasn't stopped naive people thinking a new album will be released on Nov 25th. 

Tragic all round. 

It’s one thing to use it on merch etc. but to use it in the main artwork to promote the tour does absolutely send the wrong message.

Last time they toured Australia in 2017, they mainly used the blood splattered bullet logo. And if they showed any pics of the band in tour promo, it was the one of Axl, Slash and Duff together on stage. So, it was pretty clear who the tour advertised as being the main guys in the band. 

To not see the difference in outright using the iconic AFD cross, showing the five original members, and trying to sell it as such, I think you must be tragic. 

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Tragic all round. 

Yep, more chance of Rob Gardner and Tracii Guns being on the stage !

20 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

It’s one thing to use it on merch etc. but to use it in the main artwork to promote the tour does absolutely send the wrong message.

Last time they toured Australia in 2017, they mainly used the blood splattered bullet logo. And if they showed any pics of the band in tour promo, it was the one of Axl, Slash and Duff together on stage. So, it was pretty clear who the tour advertised as being the main guys in the band. 

To not see the difference in outright using the iconic AFD cross, showing the five original members, and trying to sell it as such, I think you must be tragic. 

Of course there's a difference....in our minds. But most people won't give a fuck about this image. They're probably barely even aware who Izzy and Adler are! It's grab the silly wig and 'dress up like the 80s night' in town. GNR tonight, Spice Girls next week. We're very much in the minority who give a shit about these things now, in GNR world......

If people choose to read anything into the use of an old image being used to promote another tour of old material, the  they should go right ahead- spend a year speculating that Izzy and Adler are back. 

Again, this image has been used throughout the NITL tour, on the tour shirts, on posters, and on lithos, whether any of us feel that was sensible or not. If people choose to ignore this fact.... they can go right ahead. 

It really does beggar belief that people think the AFD 5 are back but they chose not to mention it in the press releases to promote ticket sales for the tour. 

Edited by allwaystired

8 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Yep, more chance of Rob Gardner and Tracii Guns being on the stage !

Exactly! But people seem insistent on expecting something based on the use of an image in a shit advert. Nobody will be able to tell them otherwise though....so roll on November 2021! It'll take November 2020 to roll past to convince them that press release is fake too. 

We can blame the band all we want for making adverts that could be interpreted as slightly misleading.....but some level of personal intelligence learned from last behaviour has to come into things somewhere on the fan front! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Only in the land of GN’R does the band have nothing to do with the art used that promotes a tour... 

I've been hearing those kind of excuses since 2007 when they announced the Australian “Chinese Democracy” tour, that Jarmo assured me, had nothing to do with Axl or the band, but the tour promoter... :facepalm: :lol:

Fuck Jarmo, I've seen less dick sucking in a whore house than that guy does to GnR management. It's worth a few hours entertainment debating on the HTGTH Fb page about how shit the band is run, supplying lots of evidence and reading his ridiculous excuses. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, metallex78 said:

Just got my tickets for Sydney. First time being front row for GN’R. Aside from 2013, but does that even count...? :lol:

Apparently presale tickets for Sydney have sold out I think?

That's awesome if true! No doubt they left the Saturday night free to schedule a second Sydney show.

I also just got my ticket for Melbourne. Can't wait to see the MCG packed once again! So glad I have this to look forward to on the horizon :slash:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Just got my tickets for Sydney. First time being front row for GN’R. Aside from 2013, but does that even count...? :lol:

Apparently presale tickets for Sydney have sold out I think?

I bought tickets for Brisbane and Gold Coast shows. Will wait and see how 2021 pans out on whether or not I fly to Sydney or Melbourne for those shows.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Crash Dieter said:

Anyone checked the prices? Yikes things have changed since the last tour...

Link to prices

How the heck do you even post an image anymore??

vip is around 650 us dollars, cheapest is about 160 usd.

to them its pocket change, for many fans two mid level tickets plus travelling and maybe some merch is more than half a month of hard work.

disgusting.

• Like 3

Is that right? 495 aus dollars for GA standing?! 

In UK money you're talking nearly £300 for GA and £500 for the pit! 

That is absolutely fucking outrageous. 

I knew they were now a band for the non-discerning rich folks now, but that really is something else. 

Edited by allwaystired

Humans are a dumb species. I still remember when everybody complained about the cross with current band members and now, when they use the old one again, there are people who have their hopes high that Izzy and Steven will return. Those people will be the first ones complaining again, about the use of the old cross without a personal change. I mean, everybody should know by now how this band operates. There is no system behind all that.

If you really think this is a sign for Izzy's return than it's your own fault that this band is a big let down for you.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Is that right? 495 aus dollars for GA standing?! 

In UK money you're talking nearly £300 for GA and £500 for the pit! 

That is absolutely fucking outrageous. 

I knew they were now a band for the non-discerning rich folks now, but that really is something else. 

Buying a VIP ticket to get right to the front is $475. A GA standing section behind that is $242. I was in that last time and it was pretty close to the stage.

26 minutes ago, Juventino said:

Buying a VIP ticket to get right to the front is $475. A GA standing section behind that is $242. I was in that last time and it was pretty close to the stage.

Are those prices posted above not accurate then?

https://m.imgur.com/a/FLzI0ud

They do seem astonishingly high......

Edited by allwaystired

On 11/20/2020 at 9:11 AM, betterman said:

Lets say GNRs new album consists of 14 songs and they each get played like 5 million times on spotify. (AC/CD Shot in the dark pr. now has 13.7 million plays)

This will generate about 280 000 dollars for this one streaming application alone. You also generate income from streams from Tidal, Youtube etc and digital downloads on Itunes.

I think that in Axls head this is pure artistic integrity and he does not want a product out with the name GNR on it that is not holding up quality wise against AFD/UIY/CD.
We all hoped this would change with Duff and Slash in, but it seems like nothings changed.

I think it goes far beyond what they make off streaming though.

This is people reconnecting with the band, new fans and old fans giving it a whirl and wanting to buy tickets even if its mainly for the old stuff.

That is 13.7 million people listening to AC/DC who might then be very interested in a tour.  

The AC/DC album is actually alright, of course nothing groundbreaking but reasonably enjoyable and it's got them back in my headspace if they do announce a tour, which will probably have no more than 4 songs off the album but make them a shit load of money.

GnR just need to get over themselves, I mean on the not on this ever ending tour they could have found the odd 3 or 4 day spells here and there and a few months in the studio this past year to do knock something out of reasonable quality and given them a much bigger platform to launch the last set of dates off.  

Reality is when they open this tour, it'll be Loony Tunes into It's So Easy with possibly some different graphics, perhaps.

20 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

I bought tickets for Brisbane and Gold Coast shows. Will wait and see how 2021 pans out on whether or not I fly to Sydney or Melbourne for those shows.

Im hanging for the  thursday when the rest will be selling. I want the diamond reserve standing for 245.00 which will get me the same view i had last time when i paid 379 for same diamond tickets in 17.

Unless there is a vaccine rolled out in Jan/feb of next year, im on the fence if those europe and american shows going ahead.

Yes i agree that the band could have released some music during the NITL. Wasnt the material on spaghetti incident recorded during the illusions tour?

Edited by Sydney Fan

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im hanging for the  thursday when the rest will be selling. I want the diamond reserve standing for 245.00 which will get me the same view i had last time when i paid 379 for same diamond tickets in 17.

Unless there is a vaccine rolled out in Jan/feb of next year, im on the fence if those europe and american shows going ahead.

Yes i agree that the band could have released some music during the NITL. Wasnt the material on spaghetti incident recorded during the illusions tour?

Hey man feel exactly the same here staying up midnight tomorrow to secure some Diamond Standing tickets in Melbs. Just a question though, im a fairly short guy so just wondering from Diamond Standing is it easy to see the stage or is it kind of blocked by the premium payers in the pit? Just asking as its my first concert (pitiful for a 20 year old i know) and wanna be able to relish in seeing my fave band ever that i tragically missed seeing in 2017.

Also call it wishful thinking but hopefully we’ll see Hardschool live by that time. Imagine if the American Tour was cancelled and we were the first country to see gnr live since March this year.