Oceania Tour Dates 2021 announced!

54 minutes ago, Joraz said:

Hey man feel exactly the same here staying up midnight tomorrow to secure some Diamond Standing tickets in Melbs. Just a question though, im a fairly short guy so just wondering from Diamond Standing is it easy to see the stage or is it kind of blocked by the premium payers in the pit? Just asking as its my first concert (pitiful for a 20 year old i know) and wanna be able to relish in seeing my fave band ever that i tragically missed seeing in 2017.

Also call it wishful thinking but hopefully we’ll see Hardschool live by that time. Imagine if the American Tour was cancelled and we were the first country to see gnr live since March this year.

It depends on how packed the pit gets and if your unlucky if you have half a dozen people standing directly in front of you. However if you dont have that problem, you"ll be fine as the staging at least in Sydney was very high. I dont see this being a sell out tour, unless the band between now and then released new music.

I personally dont know whether the band can tour europe or US, dependibg how Covid goes,  which may mean Oz shows could be the litmus test for anything new. Glad to hear its your first concert!!!!!. Im sure the wait will be painful.

Mine was back in 93 when i was 18 at Eastern Creek raceway. The Melbourne show of that tour was legendry. 

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Joraz said:

Hey man feel exactly the same here staying up midnight tomorrow to secure some Diamond Standing tickets in Melbs. Just a question though, im a fairly short guy so just wondering from Diamond Standing is it easy to see the stage or is it kind of blocked by the premium payers in the pit? Just asking as its my first concert (pitiful for a 20 year old i know) and wanna be able to relish in seeing my fave band ever that i tragically missed seeing in 2017.

Also call it wishful thinking but hopefully we’ll see Hardschool live by that time. Imagine if the American Tour was cancelled and we were the first country to see gnr live since March this year.

Mate I got 3 of the DST tickets yesterday for the MELB show in the pre sale and it said it was all sold out in 90 mins. Hopefully the saved some for when the general public tickets go on sale so you can snag one. 

Just seen a Matt Sorum post offering signed editions of the new GnR greatest hits LP. Thought it was a little weird as I don’t know the last time he really mentioned GnR for anything in the last decade. Could be a little sign he may be part of the new tour. 

8 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Are those prices posted above not accurate then?

https://m.imgur.com/a/FLzI0ud

They do seem astonishingly high......

Not sure what the source for that pic is. I was going off of Ticketek, which is the official seller: https://m.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=GUNSNROS21&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=&USER_ID_=

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

It depends on how packed the pit gets and if your unlucky if you have half a dozen people standing directly in front of you. However if you dont have that problem, you"ll be fine as the staging at least in Sydney was very high. I dont see this being a sell out tour, unless the band between now and then released new music.

I personally dont know whether the band can tour europe or US, dependibg how Covid goes,  which may mean Oz shows could be the litmus test for anything new. Glad to hear its your first concert!!!!!. Im sure the wait will be painful.

Mine was back in 93 when i was 18 at Eastern Creek raceway. The Melbourne show of that tour was legendry. 

Wow man thats mad, the wait to buy tickets is hard enough lol. That would have been amazing seeing Axl in his finest form man im envious 😂

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im hanging for the  thursday when the rest will be selling. I want the diamond reserve standing for 245.00 which will get me the same view i had last time when i paid 379 for same diamond tickets in 17.

Unless there is a vaccine rolled out in Jan/feb of next year, im on the fence if those europe and american shows going ahead.

Yes i agree that the band could have released some music during the NITL. Wasnt the material on spaghetti incident recorded during the illusions tour?

Had a  laugh back in feb first sydney show. Had Paul Macgregor (ex st george dragons coach and nrl player) next to me shoving some people out of the way including some tall guy with a cowboy hat that was blocking both our views on the stage fence.

Im holding out on tickets this run though unless they announce touring new songs or appetite 5. Wont be paying to see a new lightshow and the same songs being done worse than 2017.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Had a  laugh back in feb first sydney show. Had Paul Macgregor (ex st george dragons coach and nrl player) next to me shoving some people out of the way including some tall guy with a cowboy hat that was blocking both our views on the stage fence.

Im holding out on tickets this run though unless they announce touring new songs or appetite 5. Wont be paying to see a new lightshow and the same songs being done worse than 2017.

My thoughts exactly when it comes to any more dates. I had a good time seeing the NITL tour, but see zero excitement in spending a large amount of money to see the exact same thing but not nearly as good. 

It's something different or 'no thanks' from me, unless the ticket was free or close to it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, northernsoul said:

That is 13.7 million people listening to AC/DC who might then be very interested in a tour.  

The AC/DC album is actually alright, of course nothing groundbreaking but reasonably enjoyable and it's got them back in my headspace if they do announce a tour, which will probably have no more than 4 songs off the album but make them a shit load of money.

But ACDC is a band that cares about its fans and charges reasonable ticket prices. When I saw them in Germany in 2015 they charged 100€ for every ticket and didn‘t have any VIP tickets or early entrance or Golden Circle. Who got there early was lucky and we managed to get to the one of the first rows without spending a months income. Thats how every band/promoter should do it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joraz said:

Wow man thats mad, the wait to buy tickets is hard enough lol. That would have been amazing seeing Axl in his finest form man im envious 😂

You know the funny thing?. When i saw them skid row supported as part of their "slave to the grind" tour. Although gnr show was good and axl running around the stage heaps, the 1 hour slot skid row played for an hour, i personally think skid row upstaged GNR. Skid row seemed like a very hungry band, no lengthy solos just one song after another.

Hopefully the melbourne show goes off without a hitch next year.

Edited by Sydney Fan

10 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im hanging for the  thursday when the rest will be selling. I want the diamond reserve standing for 245.00 which will get me the same view i had last time when i paid 379 for same diamond tickets in 17.

Unless there is a vaccine rolled out in Jan/feb of next year, im on the fence if those europe and american shows going ahead.

Yes i agree that the band could have released some music during the NITL. Wasnt the material on spaghetti incident recorded during the illusions tour?

Yeah I had Diamond Reserve standing for the two Sydney shows I flew down for in 2017. They were really good tickets, not too far from the stage and at $245 I might try to get it again for the Sydney show. 

I think this position of being just back a bit from the stage actually gives you the best sound experience, kind of an accoustic sweet spot. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tadsy said:

I purchased 2 diamond seating tickets for $245 each. 
I got GA in 17 standing and I couldn’t see a thing and at 42, I’m tired 🤣

I’m happy to sit and 

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-store/id917932200?pt=39040802&ct=Media1GIFV2&mt=8

Edited by Sydney Fan

9 hours ago, A.R.S.D. said:

Anyone think Gold Coast will sell out? Being so close to Brisbane I want to go to both but also watching the Covid situation in the USA in particular

Gold coast wont sell out. Not sure why they added it. Most fans would of just went to Brisbane if they wanted to go and alot of Brisbane fans will just wait for their own city instead of trecking it down.

Gold coast population is only 500 000.

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

i personally think skid row upstaged GNR. Skid row seemed like a very hungry band, no lengthy solos just one song after another.

I was at the Sydney show and that view was pretty universal at the time, both amongst people that went and in the local mags. 

Rose Tattoo were awesome that day as well.

Just got a email from ANZ stadium.

GNR's 2021 Australian tour is the light at the end of the bleak tunnel we’ve all negotiated this year. All aboard the Nightrain to Paradise City for what promises to be a heaving celebration of the unbreakable human spirit! 

LOL who comes up this stuff

2 hours ago, Euchre said:

I was at the Sydney show and that view was pretty universal at the time, both amongst people that went and in the local mags. 

Rose Tattoo were awesome that day as well.

Yep, Pearls and Swine i thought were ok. I had their first release on cassette.

It was a hot fuckin day, and i travelled 15 hours on a bus to see the show. Thats each way.

I have always thought the whole day must have been captured on film. Not by new crews but professional production team. It was considered to be one of the biggest tours in oz music history and an event like must have been recorded and filmed....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yep, Pearls and Swine i thought were ok. I had their first release on cassette.

It was a hot fuckin day, and i travelled 15 hours on a bus to see the show. Thats each way.

I have always thought the whole day must have been captured on film. Not by new crews but professional production team. It was considered to be one of the biggest tours in oz music history and an event like must have been recorded and filmed....

There was pro shot footage shown on a local news report of the show, so I was thinking there must be the full gig hiding somewhere...

1 hour ago, Joraz said:

So Melbourne’s Diamond GA Standing is sold out however general public sales start at 1pm tomorrow so does that mean all availability for this section is sold out or does more tickets for that section open tomorrow?

Im thinking the first statement....i have the same issue for the Sydney one as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im thinking the first statement....i have the same issue for the Sydney one as well.

Its only the presale allocation. There will be other diamond tickets available come next release of ticket sales. They usually stagger them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joraz said:

So Melbourne’s Diamond GA Standing is sold out however general public sales start at 1pm tomorrow so does that mean all availability for this section is sold out or does more tickets for that section open tomorrow?

They allocate a certain amount to each pre-sale. So I’d imagine there are still tickets for all sections in tomorrow’s public sale. 

I’ve already happily gotten my tickets, but good luck to those that have yet to purchase! 

Edited by metallex78
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

They allocate a certain amount to each pre-sale. So I’d imagine there are still tickets for all sections in tomorrow’s public sale. 

I’ve already happily gotten my tickets, but good luck to those that have yet to purchase! 

Lucky man. Im at work at 1pm tomorrow but stuff it im taking a 15 min break just to ensure i get those tickets, any other band i wouldnt care but its gnfnr not missing this one lol