Oceania Tour Dates 2021 announced!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. ISE 2. Brownstone 3. Jungle 4. CD ...    

1) those shows will not happen  2) using the AFD logo is so misleading, but typical for GN'R and their management 

There will be an all new set list. By all new I mean Double Talkin Jive will be dropped and Think About You will be added.  Some black and white pics will be posted on Instagram. With the caption

2 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Summer has a small change for happening but autumn definately happens.

You will hear very soon more exiting vaccine news ;) Or sooner than a soon!

I heard that soon is the word...

• Haha 1

Welcome back to New Zealand Guns N Roses. 

No doubt 40,000 kiwis will role up and will enjoy an opportunity to see the band live, some since 2017 and others for the first time.

The family and I don't need to travel the world to see the band. 

A simple flight from Auckland to Wellington and then down South. 

Rock on 2021.

Edited by kiwiguns
51 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

I think shows in late 2021 will be possible. Couple of vaccines are making good progress (god I sound like Trump)

Agree on the 2nd point though 

We just had over 50000 at the football last night in QLD. And 30000 at the afl. 

As long as the gnr crew isolates in 2 week quarantine (aus standard for people coming from overseas.) it should be fine to do a concert. 

Theres only limited covid spread here compared to usa. 

• Like 3

As the first stadium tour announcement since the advent of COVID-19 and border closures pressed pause on touring, it's fair to say our appetite for live music performances by international megastars has peaked and in Guns N' Roses we trust! 

I don't know if I love or hate this blurb from the e-mail.

6 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

ive never felt compelled to go to Australia until now... the withdrawal im having from not attending live shows far outweighs any fear i may have of being eaten by wildlife lol

Well there is not much difference between being eaten by a crocodile and listening to Axl singing YCBM in 2021 I think 

Both things hurt 

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

both countries have the corona situation under control. They deserve it

“Under control” is relative. Yes, they’re handling the pandemic better than most countries. But I think it’s still too early to be thinking about a return to large scale concerts anytime soon because there’s a huge amount of unpredictability involved. Case in point, look at South Australia right now. They went from over 100 days with no new locally transmitted cases to a full lockdown in the span of about 72 hours. Were that to happen during, or immediately preceding, a tour then it would be a logistical nightmare to deal with. 

43 minutes ago, soon said:

Its not being promoted by Live Nation by the looks of it. Its being promoted by TEG Dainty which is an Australian promoter.

But I just checked and Live Nation does promote in Australia as well.

I wonder whats up with that? Were the earlier NITL Australian shows promoted by Live Nation?

I wouldn’t read too much into that. Iron Maiden also typically is promoted by Live Nation in most of the world, but were being promoted by TEG Dainty in Australia for their cancelled dates earlier this year. Doesn’t seem uncommon at all. 

7 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

ive never felt compelled to go to Australia until now... the withdrawal im having from not attending live shows far outweighs any fear i may have of being eaten by wildlife lol

There are literally hundreds of reasons to go to Australia. If these gigs happen, and you do go, make a proper holiday out of it. Get outside the cities, see some of the stunning nature, enjoy the country. It’s really an incredible place. 

Yep Aus tour cant wait!!!! The best news to wake up to. Tickets onsale next thursday.

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/music/guns-n-roses-to-tour-australia-in-2021-20201118-p56fnu.html

The forthcoming Guns N’ Roses tour is due to kick-off on the Gold Coast on Saturday, November 6 at Metricon Stadium. The band will then perform at Adelaide Oval on Tuesday, November 9 before appearing at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Thursday, November 11.

Sydney marks the tour’s halfway point with a show at ANZ Stadium on Sunday, November 14. The band will then play at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium on Tuesday, November 16 followed by a final performance at Perth’s Optus Stadium on Wednesday, November 24.

Guns N’ Roses last performed in Australia in 2017 with their Not In This Lifetime tour. Each show drew crowds of 50,000 to 70,000 people, with the Melbourne performance making headlines after the rockers greeted the crowd as if they were in Sydney.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1
Just now, Powerage5 said:

“Under control” is relative. Yes, they’re handling the pandemic better than most countries. But I think it’s still too early to be thinking about a return to large scale concerts anytime soon because there’s a huge amount of unpredictability involved. Case in point, look at South Australia right now. They went from over 100 days with no new locally transmitted cases to a full lockdown in the span of about 72 hours. Were that to happen during, or immediately preceding, a tour then it would be a logistical nightmare to deal with. 

I wouldn’t read too much into that. Iron Maiden also typically is promoted by Live Nation in most of the world, but were being promoted by TEG Dainty in Australia for their cancelled dates earlier this year. Doesn’t seem uncommon at all. 

There are literally hundreds of reasons to go to Australia. If these gigs happen, and you do go, make a proper holiday out of it. Get outside the cities, see some of the stunning nature, enjoy the country. It’s really an incredible place. 

Mate south Australia was a overreaction.

Locking down a full state because of 15 family members and 5 close contacts got covid is too overboard.

• Like 3