Oceania Tour Dates 2021 announced!

6 minutes ago, vloors said:

Mate south Australia was a overreaction.

Locking down a full state because of 15 family members and 5 close contacts got covid is too overboard.

I didn’t say it wasn’t an overreaction. But that doesn’t change the fact that if there’s an outbreak that receives a similar reaction to, it would put gigs in jeopardy of happening. 

8 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

There are literally hundreds of reasons to go to Australia. If these gigs happen, and you do go, make a proper holiday out of it. Get outside the cities, see some of the stunning nature, enjoy the country. It’s really an incredible place. 

so ive heard... i have a few friends from high school that moved there actually and i love nature but im not a big fan of creepy crawly things ive never seen before lol i mean even the friggin crocodile hunter got got down there lol but yeah its been put on my bucket list now... heard these fuckers down there can really rock out too 🤘

1 hour ago, soon said:

Its not being promoted by Live Nation by the looks of it. Its being promoted by TEG Dainty which is an Australian promoter.

But I just checked and Live Nation does promote in Australia as well.

I wonder whats up with that? Were the earlier NITL Australian shows promoted by Live Nation?

Yep soon they were.

• Thanks 1

Mr Dainty said Australian fans can expect a new show featuring the same beloved hits.

Guns N’ Roses will perform at Optus Stadium in November 2021.
Guns N’ Roses will perform at Optus Stadium in November 2021. Credit: unknown/supplied

“The band are going to put on a brand new show, with a new look, new design but with all their classic hits,” he said.

No mention of anything new...

Just now, vloors said:

No social distancing at these concerts. They will be at full capacity.

I'm guessing he was making a joke about them being booked into venues too big for them,........

I don't think these tickets sales will tank like the US/Europe ones did though. They've only been to this part of the world once since NITL right? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

so ive heard... i have a few friends from high school that moved there actually and i love nature but im not a big fan of creepy crawly things ive never seen before lol i mean even the friggin crocodile hunter got got down there lol but yeah its been put on my bucket list now... heard these fuckers down there can really rock out too 🤘

jesus, its 2020 and dont tell me americans still think we have Kangaroos hopping down the main streets. I thought this was supposed common fact finished in the 80s.

Just now, allwaystired said:

I'm guessing he was making a joke about them being booked into venues too big for them,........

I don't think these tickets sales will tank like the US/Europe ones did though. They've only been to this part of the world once since NITL right? 

correct. They toured NA 3 times, europe twice and down here once.

Just now, gavgnr said:

Oh isn’t it so easy for them to just drop announcements about your dates but there’s never a word about that elephant in the room that 9/10 fans would probably prefer over a tour

Every time Slash or Fernando are asked about new music they sound like a hostage. It's downright creepy how weird Axl is about releasing stuff. He needs help.

• Like 3

Heres info from the promoter

It’s phenomenal — it is making a big statement that stadium rock is back in Australia and we are raring to go,” Mr Dainty said.

“And it will get a lot of attention — a lot of noise, not just here but overseas as well because we are leading the way in Australia with how we have dealt with the pandemic.

“We are the envy of the rest of the world right now and entertainment is a global business so this is sending a message that we are open for business.”

The band behind mega hits including Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, You Could Be Mine and Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door last played to 35,000 local fans at Subiaco Oval in 2017 as part of their Not in This Lifetime... Tour.

Many fans feared that tour, featuring Axl, Slash and Duff, would never happen given the band’s acrimonious split in 1995 and decades-long feuding.

When Not In This Lifetime... became a reality fans around the world flocked to the shows in their millions making it the third-highest grossing concert tour on record, behind Ed Sheeran and U2.

Mr Dainty said Australian fans can expect a new show featuring the same beloved hits.

Guns N’ Roses will perform at Optus Stadium in November 2021. Credit: unknown/supplied

“The band are going to put on a brand new show, with a new look, new design but with all their classic hits,” he said.

“They do spectacular shows and last time they were playing for an average of two and three quarter hours, so it’s a big night.”

Mr Dainty said he expected there will be some COVID restrictions to navigate but is optimistic the tour will go ahead safely. He said venues will not be operating at reduce capacities.

“I think there will be some rules and regulations we will have to follow that the different State health authorities put in place but looking forward one year and we should be in a better place,” he said.

“The Prime Minister is talking about the vaccine being available to certain people in March and April next year, so by the time we get to November we are confident we will be able to put on shows in a very safe environment and in great stadiums.

“The shows will be COVID-safe and compliant and all the shows will be 85 per cent seated with some standing space down the front.”

Guns N’ Roses will perform at Optus Stadium in November 2021. Credit: unknown/supplied

Guns N’ Roses are set to play rescheduled dates in Europe and North American in June next year before heading to Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

Mr Dainty said the return of stadium rock is a win for not only fans, but for an industry ravaged by COVID-19.

“It’s good for a lot of people. It’s good economically. It’s good for the thousands of people who rely on these sorts of tours to make a living — sound/light companies, video companies, venues, the thousands of people who get rostered on to work at Optus Stadium for a show like this, car companies, hotels,” he said.

“It impacts so many people in the community.”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

1) those shows will not happen 

2) using the AFD logo is so misleading, but typical for GN'R and their management 

I think these will be GNR’s first shows back. OZ/NZ has no community COVID transmission and we are a year out from the shows. Think the bigger risk of these shows not going ahead is one of them dying!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

jesus, its 2020 and dont tell me americans still think we have Kangaroos hopping down the main streets. I thought this was supposed common fact finished in the 80s.

im canadian eh ?! but i guess its only fair since americans think we live in igloos lol

21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

"All new show". 

Literally no other band ever says this when promoting things. It's such an odd thing to say.....and the "new look, new design but with all their classic hits" line just highlights than it really has no intention of being very different at all. 

all new pyro and video show.. same set list lol

22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

"All new show". 

Literally no other band ever says this when promoting things. It's such an odd thing to say.....and the "new look, new design but with all their classic hits" line just highlights than it really has no intention of being very different at all. 

Yep what i thought. They dont want to imply there will be any new music at all for these concerts