Oceania Tour Dates 2021 announced!

On the one hand, it’s Guns in Adelaide. I feel like I have to be there.

But then, I know it’s going to be the same show as last time. It’s in the middle of the week so I need to take time off work and fly to Adelaide, or drive a 16-hour round trip. And it’s a month after my wedding. So not the best timing.

I guess I’ll wait for a while and see what the ticket situation is. Adelaide is notoriously slow for ticket sales. But I won’t need to get an expensive ticket as I did in 2017.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Juventino said:

But then, I know it’s going to be the same show as last time. It’s in the middle of the week so I need to take time off work and fly to Adelaide, or drive a 16-hour round trip. And it’s a month after my wedding. So not the best timing.

I guess I’ll wait for a while and see what the ticket situation is. Adelaide is notoriously slow for ticket sales. But I won’t need to get an expensive ticket as I did in 2017.

Yea adelaide is my home town gig... Last time was a great show i was up front.. I think i will give this one a miss, unless its the original 5... Or new album release before the gig, otherwise its gonna be same show plus maybe a few more UYI songs thrown in... Adelaide oval is great venue and should be a good show for the casual fans... But im at the stage where its "hardschool" or not interested in KOHD anymore...

Edited by bumcheecksmcghee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Yea adelaide is my home town gig... Last time was a great show i was up front.. I think i will give this one a miss, unless its the original 5... Or new album release before the gig, otherwise its gonna be same show plus maybe a few more UYI songs thrown in... Adelaide oval is great venue and should be a good show for the casual fans... But im at the stage where its "hardschool" or not interested in KOHD anymore...

I'd rather see them tour with new music by/with the NITL line-up. AFD5 would be a dysfunctional group that would implode in a month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoForJMark said:

I'd rather see them tour with new music by/with the NITL line-up. AFD5 would be a dysfunctional group that would implode in a month.

I dont ever see an afd5 reunion not even for one show. Considering during NITL axl wouldnt allow steven play 2 songs, and only allowed 1 song for  him to play at one particular show, said it all. Axls feelings against steven wouldnt see any show happen.

• Like 1

If they're going to start a totally new tour design, i hope is on the same level of their contemporaries. The NITL stage inspired by the UYI tour was cool, even for me born ''kinda'' late to see that tour, but seeing a stage similar to the one from many videos was cool and nostalgic anyway. But we are now half a decade later, they need do something more modern and creative, even without new music.

I know people like to talk shit about screens, but i don't pay to see ants from a distance and i don't have money to pay for better more expensive seats. So bigger the screens=better. They just need to drop the ugly 3d animations and show the band.

Stones.

EANMcTvWwAEnJk8?format=jpg&name=small

U2

u2_joshua_tree.jpeg?itok=2Q_-SbiK

Metallica.

1021979.jpg

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

IF the band do the US shows next year, we will get a good idea of the setlist ahead of time.

I dont know why the band want to do a tour especially next year of europe, NA, oceania without a new album. It will be a "new" show, then once oceania finishes is the intention of releasing a new album and then planning another tour in the same countries through 2022/23?. Releasing a new album in early 2022 and putting the tour together will take alot of time that they may not be able to tour until mid to late 2022......

Yeah.... who am I kidding,  I just booked hotels near the gigs for Adelaide and Melbourne, Sydney I can drive home from and I’ll think about the others later lol

36 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I dont know why the band want to do a tour especially next year of europe, NA, oceania without a new album. It will be a "new" show, then once oceania finishes is the intention of releasing a new album and then planning another tour in the same countries through 2022/23?. Releasing a new album in early 2022 and putting the tour together will take alot of time that they may not be able to tour until mid to late 2022......

Which Aussie shows are you gonna go to this time?

Edited by megaguns1982

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

1) those shows will not happen 

2) using the AFD logo is so misleading, but typical for GN'R and their management 

Gday Russ,

i believe the australian shows will happen, we had 40k at a state of origin event last night. the crowds will be there in Oz matey.

• Like 1

There's two things striking about this thread: 

Very few people are remotely interested in new tour dates in general. 

Some Australian posters seem fiercely territorial and a bit sensitive  ('all of us will be there', 'we'll pack the venues' etc). 

I mean, it's not a slur on the country to be criticizing this never-ending tour you know! When people are groaning at this tour, it's not an attack on Australia! At this stage, unless something major changes, or I could get a ticket very cheaply, I couldn't really give a damn if GNR were playing down my street, let alone in my country. I simply can't spend ever increasing amounts of money to see ever paler imitations of the same show. 

One thing is very clear though from the marketing material....this is not a tour to support any new material. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

54 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think the intention now will be to just keep touring until it isn't viable anymore, one way or another. I can imagine dates for early 2022 getting announced shortly- Mexico/Brazil etc. Maybe Japan. Then summer 2022 to try the Europe/USA dates again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Some Australian posters seem fiercely territorial and a bit sensitive  ('all of us will be there', 'we'll pack the venues' etc). 

I mean, it's not a slur on the country to be criticizing this never-ending tour you know! When people are groaning at this tour, it's not an attack on Australia! At this stage, unless something major changes, or I could get a ticket very cheaply, I couldn't really give a damn if GNR were playing down my street, let alone in my country. I simply can't spend ever increasing amounts of money to see ever paler imitations of the same show. 

One thing is very clear though from the marketing material....this is not a tour to support any new material. 

Exactly this point! ... Im an aussie member of the forum and as i said... Seen em 3 times now [finck, dj, reunion] all in Adelaide... Ppl will go thats a fact.. But its all the "wttj on the radio crowd" not the real fans who know this band has become a stinky gym sock and joke with no new album or a decent management team... Nothing new in years so not really interested. 

1 minute ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Exactly this point! ... Im an aussie member of the forum and as i said... Seen em 3 times now [finck, dj, reunion] all in Adelaide... Ppl will go thats a fact.. But its all the "wttj on the radio crowd" not the real fans who know this band has become a stinky gym sock and joke with no new album or a decent management team... Nothing new in years so not really interested. 

I think that 'wttj on the radio crowd' you mention are very fickle though. They only really go and see things to tick a box....then they move on. Who knows if they'll still be interested in these shows, and in what numbers? Time will tell I suppose. 

• Like 1

What a lot of people here don't seem to understand is that Guns have only been here once in the past 4/5 years. People will be desperate to see a live show, so I think they'll get at least 80% capacity. I will definitely go, because on top of it all, I've only seen them once. At the time, I knew the major hits and that was it, but they captivated me enough that I know their entire repertoire now. I'm 19. I want new music as much as the rest of you, but these guys may well be dead before I could see them the amount of times some of you have. NITL isn't perfect, but I can't exactly go see the Skin N Bones tour.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

on your first point... there was a stadium full of people at the state of origin last night (world record number of people since the pandemic started)... qld has zero cases... they shut down SA over 14 cases this week... australia is on the right track with dealing with this stuff. I get youre probably sitting behind your keyboard in a state of the US that is recording thousands of cases a day and thats hard for you to understand, but living in newcatsle (200km) from sydney, the pandemic is basically something i see on the news, we have been without a case where i live for months, we have 9 cases recorded in my area since it kicked off.

on your second point... some people want to see the show..others dont... thats not being territorial.. let people enjoy the shows oif they want.

I personally see the points on both sides of the fence.

the only reason i even felt compelled to answer your post is because u seem to have no grasp of whats going on in aus with the pandemic itself.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. You should check out www.instagram.com/sunshinecoastsnakecatchers <_< Nature comes visiting frequently.

Like I said, it's not that the wildlife isn't around. It is. But if you're aware of your surroundings, it's more of a non-issue. And like @vloors said, it depends on where you are in the country. More common outside the cities, but I was getting more at the stereotype that "everything can and will kill you in Australia" isn't really all that accurate. There's plenty of dangerous wildlife in the American Southwest too, but you don't see people going on about that like they do about Australian wildlife. 

1 hour ago, Juventino said:

I told my girlfriend if I'm in Australia at the time, and if these gigs do actually go ahead, I may be keen to go to the Adelaide gig assuming we can get the absolute piss-cheapest tickets possible. She's not a huge Guns fan, but said she wouldn't mind seeing them once. And I said I was putting my foot down about not seeing them again until they give me a reason to (i.e. new music or a significantly different setlist), but if I'm around while they're in Oz, I'd like to see them there. Would really like to see a gig at the Oval anyways. I won't go out of my way to plan a trip at that time, but if it happens then it happens. 

28 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

i dont think you should be talking for everybody in general terms like that. I consider myself a die hard. ive seen the band twice.. and ill go again... even though i agree id rather new music... its an opportunity ti get out and enjoy myself for a night, i understand other fans who are dirty about the lack of new music and even the lack of information from the band, with interviews, im shitty on them about a lot of things, but i booked a hotel this morning, and ill go again.. it could be the last time? it might not be... but u cant just say its the wttj crowd who will go? thats offensive imo... again... the fact the band isnt doing exactly what i want... isnt going to stop me from going and seeing it again.. it is what it is. im not gonna judge others for not going.

9 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

on your first point... there was a stadium full of people at the state of origin last night (world record number of people since the pandemic started)... qld has zero cases... they shut down SA over 14 cases this week... australia is on the right track with dealing with this stuff. I get youre probably sitting behind your keyboard in a state of the US that is recording thousands of cases a day and thats hard for you to understand, but living in newcatsle (200km) from sydney, the pandemic is basically something i see on the news, we have been without a case where i live for months, we have 9 cases recorded in my area since it kicked off.

on your second point... some people want to see the show..others dont... thats not being territorial.. let people enjoy the shows oif they want.

I personally see the points on both sides of the fence.

the only reason i even felt compelled to answer your post is because u seem to have no grasp of whats going on in aus with the pandemic itself.

A rather odd response.

Mind just pointing out to me where I mentioned Covid or the pandemic ANYWHERE in my post, or even referenced it? 

The pandemic really isn't hard for me to understand thanks.....but it is hard for me to understand why my comment drew a lecture from you on the state of Australia and Covid! 

Edited by allwaystired

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

Yeah.... who am I kidding,  I just booked hotels near the gigs for Adelaide and Melbourne, Sydney I can drive home from and I’ll think about the others later lol

Which Aussie shows are you gonna go to this time?

Sydney gig for sure, but ill defintely be seeing if any of the NA shows go ahead next year, what the setlist will be.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1