Oceania Tour Dates 2021 announced!

4 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

U, you are the tipe of guy who used to said Slash will never play with Axl....I mean Not In This Life Time of course !!!

hardschool baby !!!!!

Yeah being a "newer" fan of the band I never thought Axl & Slash would play together again ... But based off the little we know about what happened between Izzy & the band 5 years ago I don't see Izzy ever returning

4 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

U, you are the tipe of guy who used to said Slash will never play with Axl....I mean Not In This Life Time of course !!!

hardschool baby !!!!!

Yeah being a "newer" fan of the band I never thought Axl & Slash would play together again ... But based off the little we know about what happened between Izzy & the band 5 years ago I don't see Izzy ever returning

25 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

Would you say GNR are pretty big Down Under?

Definitely. But selling out these stadiums is gonna be a stretch... they were giving away tickets and upgrading people for the 2nd Sydney show in 2017.

The general public just wanna see Axl sing SCOM and November rain anyway  so new album/ afd5 reunion would make no difference in Australia IMO 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

Definitely. But selling out these stadiums is gonna be a stretch... they were giving away tickets and upgrading people for the 2nd Sydney show in 2017.

The general public just wanna see Axl sing SCOM and November rain anyway  so new album/ afd5 reunion would make no difference in Australia IMO 

If they were giving away tickets and upgrading people in 2017 on the first run through, it's odd they're choosing big venues again.....but then it was very odd that they announced a US stadium run after a few runs of Arenas too! I never figured out the logic behind that one. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

If they were giving away tickets and upgrading people in 2017 on the first run through, it's odd they're choosing big venues again.....but then it was very odd that they announced a US stadium run after a few runs of Arenas too! I never figured out the logic behind that one. 

I guess it was still highly profitable anyway.  I’m leaning towards there being new material to promote by then.

34 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I guess it was still highly profitable anyway.  I’m leaning towards there being new material to promote by then.

If the majority were just casuals back in 2017 that wanted to hear the hits, those fans wont be seeing them this time. That bucket list has been covered. So ill be interested if maybe the band release at least a new song as part of 2021s tour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

If the majority were just casuals back in 2017 that wanted to hear the hits, those fans wont be seeing them this time. That bucket list has been covered. So ill be interested if maybe the band release at least a new song as part of 2021s tour.

Totally agree, but in saying that, I believe this is the first major tour announcement since COVID hit Australia, so there’s a chance a hell of a lot of people are going to book tickets out of excitement and the thought of getting out to a gig again, even if it is a year away.

back in 2017 my daughter was 6 years old and I couldn’t take her, this time she will be nearly 11 and she is psyched!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

In some cases, they are choosing even bigger venues (like Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium compared to the smaller venue they played in 2017). Australia's big stadiums can only have few select performances per year, which makes this interesting. Obviously there are vacancies because there is no touring, but to play stadiums like Suncorp means they think they can draw the crowd, whether or not that be with new music or simply being the first big band to play after the pandemic.

8 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

In some cases, they are choosing even bigger venues (like Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium compared to the smaller venue they played in 2017). Australia's big stadiums can only have few select performances per year, which makes this interesting. Obviously there are vacancies because there is no touring, but to play stadiums like Suncorp means they think they can draw the crowd, whether or not that be with new music or simply being the first big band to play after the pandemic.

Not to mention they’re hitting the Gold Coast as well, that’s two qld dates. They must be super confident.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

The second Sydney show after a sellout 80000 first night was a poor decision and a hard sell. 

I went to both nights though and got a free upgrade for second show.  First show I was in the pit but then when they announced a second show I just got a gold sitting position which got upgraded to platinum.

They can sell out here but not multiple nights in the same city.

Edited by vloors

11 minutes ago, vloors said:

The second Sydney show after a sellout 80000 first night was a poor decision and a hard sell. 

I went to both nights though and got a free upgrade for second show.  First show I was in the pit but then when they announced a second show I just got a gold sitting position which got upgraded to platinum.

I was the same as you. I went to the second Sydney gig, and was surprised when they let a bunch of us in GA, move even closer to the stage when they opened the gates. I was looking around to see if they’d made a mistake, but obviously it was to fill up the floor, from undersold tickets.

Sydney night one I’m pretty sure was sold out though.

As for those wondering how rough it gets in the crowd at an Aussie rock show. GN’R in 2017, it was filled with parents in their late 30’s, and early 40’s, like me, and everyone was so considerate of each other. Probably the tamest rock crowd I’ve ever been in. 

I actually left after Wolfmother, and Slash’s surprise appearance, to go to the toilet (after mistakingly drinking too many beers early on, but man it was hot!), and I managed to squeeze my way back through the crowd to where I was again. Back in the 90’s if I did that, people would beat me up and say “fuck off, you’ve lost your spot!” :lol:

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, vloors said:

Sellout was closer to 50000 in Sydney,     I didn’t bother with the 2nd night but a friend told me it looked about half full. 
I think this time I’ll hold off on tickets until right before the gigs

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

Totally agree, but in saying that, I believe this is the first major tour announcement since COVID hit Australia, so there’s a chance a hell of a lot of people are going to book tickets out of excitement and the thought of getting out to a gig again, even if it is a year away.

back in 2017 my daughter was 6 years old and I couldn’t take her, this time she will be nearly 11 and she is psyched!

Good for you. With 2 QLD dates, there really must be something extra for these shows. They cant be just relying on people not seeing live music for the past year and a half.

Edited by Sydney Fan

3 hours ago, Spike Killer said:

Would you say GNR are pretty big Down Under?

Yes they are huge, heaps of my mates like them and always get radio play... Again though its to the "play wwtj/scom crowd"... Most ppl dont know anything post 93 onwards about the band.. Therefore arent true gnr fans, cant be any more simpler for the nay sayers on here.... 

5 hours ago, Tadsy said:

i dont think you should be talking for everybody in general terms like that. I consider myself a die hard. ive seen the band twice.. and ill go again... even though i agree id rather new music... its an opportunity ti get out and enjoy myself for a night, i understand other fans who are dirty about the lack of new music and even the lack of information from the band, with interviews, im shitty on them about a lot of things, but i booked a hotel this morning, and ill go again.. it could be the last time? it might not be... but u cant just say its the wttj crowd who will go? thats offensive imo... again... the fact the band isnt doing exactly what i want... isnt going to stop me from going and seeing it again.. it is what it is. im not gonna judge others for not going.

Never said i was speaking for everbody in general...

Just said as few ppl already have too, it is an old show if no new music or the og 5 members... So if your happy to see a re-run show for the casual fan, then enjoy! The real fans would attend and the numbers would be bigger then if the chance of new songs or appearances from adler,izzy,sorum etc was going to happen... Thats a fact, not judgement... U wanna go a see a band that does nothing, poor management and a lack of news compared to other bands?? Enjoy... Others wont waste there money on a 2017 show again with the garden being played instead of KOHD...

Wont be the last time... Its been proven... This reunion tour cash cow will keep going due to no interest in anything else collectively as a group..

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

You’d think it would be easy as hell to add Slash and Duff to Hard School and Atlas, but, apparently not!

• Like 1

People, people...
1) It’s still one year away, and we don’t even know whether it will happen or not. I can tell you that those “European June rescheduled shows” won’t happen if things continue like this. Local concerts – yes; tens of thousands of people in one place – no. There will be new waves, and people won’t start buying tickets until after spring, which would only be 2 months until the shows start, and that’s not how ticket sales work, is it. 
2) Speculating whether it will be the original AfD reunion is ridiculous. They’d only have to play AfD, Lies, and a few UYI songs. Steven and Izzy wouldn’t want to play ChD, and the additional musicians hanging around the stage and alternating every evening would render the band look like a circus. That’s good for a one-off show, not a regularly working band. And can you even imagine Izzy and Steven playing something like a Shacker’s Revenge? 
3) If they want us to take them seriously and not look merely like a greatest hits band, they need to change their playlist drastically. They’ve fed the casuals with Wttj/Scom for four years, but they need to stir it up from now on. They’d get away with the same playlist maybe for the duration of 2021, thanks to the post-Covid hunger people will have, but no more after that – the ticket sales would start going down. 
Still, too soon to concern ourselves with it now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Like I said, it's not that the wildlife isn't around. It is. But if you're aware of your surroundings, it's more of a non-issue. And like @vloors said, it depends on where you are in the country. More common outside the cities, but I was getting more at the stereotype that "everything can and will kill you in Australia" isn't really all that accurate. There's plenty of dangerous wildlife in the American Southwest too, but you don't see people going on about that like they do about Australian wildlife. 

I told my girlfriend if I'm in Australia at the time, and if these gigs do actually go ahead, I may be keen to go to the Adelaide gig assuming we can get the absolute piss-cheapest tickets possible. She's not a huge Guns fan, but said she wouldn't mind seeing them once. And I said I was putting my foot down about not seeing them again until they give me a reason to (i.e. new music or a significantly different setlist), but if I'm around while they're in Oz, I'd like to see them there. Would really like to see a gig at the Oval anyways. I won't go out of my way to plan a trip at that time, but if it happens then it happens. 

And like I said in my post, Adelaide is not known for rushing out to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale, except for a select few shows, so I don't think there will be too much of an issue.

I'm thinking of waiting because I don't want to book flights, time off work, etc, and have it all cancelled with COVID. We were looking fine in South Australia, then on Sunday new cases came about and as of now we are on a six-day lockdown. So it changes very quickly. Metallica last year cancelled when I had flights booked, so it is annoying. But then again, I had my brother and friends have Metallica and Kiss cancelled last year due to various things, plus Iron Maiden this year due to COVID. So they've not been on a good run!

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't know, but is there a chance that they are booking bigger stadiums because capacity may be limited due to distancing restrictions... For example, booking an 80,000 but only putting 50,000 on sale?

45 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'll be attending. The covid situation here is pretty good plus we're getting vaccinations so it's very likely this'll happen.

Hopefully they perform well and play some new stuff. Izzy and Steven would be great.

Just checked on Google and apparently we've had 2,010 covid cases here and 1,948 are recovered. Plus the vaccination coming so yeah very likely to happen. (That's what happens when you don't have a small handed retard running things lol)

can I come?

12 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

That’s a horrid poster. Even I’m surprised they are using the AFD5 cross so pointedly.

And just to moan a bit more - I hate that new version of the AFD cross....it looks pish. 😤

I was surprised seeing it myself. I thought they may have used the bullet logo for marketing of the tour. But when they promoted the tour in Aus during 2017 the bullet logo was used heaps.

Edited by Sydney Fan

9 hours ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

What a lot of people here don't seem to understand is that Guns have only been here once in the past 4/5 years. People will be desperate to see a live show, so I think they'll get at least 80% capacity. I will definitely go, because on top of it all, I've only seen them once. At the time, I knew the major hits and that was it, but they captivated me enough that I know their entire repertoire now. I'm 19. I want new music as much as the rest of you, but these guys may well be dead before I could see them the amount of times some of you have. NITL isn't perfect, but I can't exactly go see the Skin N Bones tour.

Good for you at your age your into the past catalogue. Most 19 year olds i know at work are mostly into hip hop. They are not rock fans by any stretch of the imagination.

Im always keen to know what sort of music young people are into and whether bands of GNRs stature register any interest, or whether they are the sort of band just boomers listen to.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I was surprised seeing it myself. I thought they may have used the bullet logo for marketing of the tour. 

Or even have a poster based on artwork of the new album (one can dream)....!

The posters for the 2020 European run were much better and not as tacky as this.

• Like 1