Oceania Tour Dates 2021 announced!

13 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

You’d like to think that the press will really have a go at touring again so soon with no apparent release of new material. I think it was Rolling Stone who had an article out which was pretty scathing of another leg of touring a few years back.

We should really unite or something and give lots of hints for the media so they could continue bashing this nostalgia-act whose manager keeps lyign for the hardcore fans Via internet.

1 minute ago, ThePreacher said:

We should really unite or something and give lots of hints for the media so they could continue bashing this nostalgia-act whose manager keeps lyign for the hardcore fans Via internet.

Well that the thing - if they were openly admitting they are a touring entity now then I could almost live with that. Everyone knows the score and no misunderstanding. They would be selling themselves horrifically short and it would be a colossal waste of talent. Is it so bloody difficult to fire out an EP for the tour?!?! A series of EPs over the course of the tour - job done.

However when you get bits of information/confirmation from someone on an official capacity that turns out to be untrue or whatever that is just garbage. Even looking at GNR as a business...if you make comments etc to your consumers and time and again fail to follow though on them then eventually this will start to backfire.

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Good for you. With 2 QLD dates, there really must be something extra for these shows. They cant be just relying on people not seeing live music for the past year and a half.

Just consider those USA and Europe dates though. They were stadiums......and there really didn't seem to be anything 'extra' to draw people in at all. The result was poor ticket sales. If there was something extra, it sure would have made sense to promote it to boost sales.

They got a bit of a 'buy out' with Covid, which meant they could cancel a large proportion of them and blame it on 'rescehduling issues' (no suitable venue in entire European countries at any point? Ummmm.......sure!) but there really seemed to be nothing there to encourage sales. Even the marketing material for these new shows makes it clear the only boost is new lights, screens etc. 

It baffles me totally, on every level. As I mentioned before though, the move back up to stadiums in the US after a long run of Arenas was the most confusing to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Well that the thing - if they were openly admitting they are a touring entity now then I could almost live with that. Everyone knows the score and no misunderstanding. They would be selling themselves horrifically short and it would be a colossal waste of talent. Is it so bloody difficult to fire out an EP for the tour?!?! A series of EPs over the course of the tour - job done.

However when you get bits of information/confirmation from someone on an official capacity that turns out to be untrue or whatever that is just garbage. Even looking at GNR as a business...if you make comments etc to your consumers and time and again fail to follow though on them then eventually this will start to backfire.

Playing devil's advocate here.....there's no hint, or even vague suggestion, that these dates are to promote or perform anything new. The wording of the marketing material seems very oddly specific on that front. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Good for you at your age your into the past catalogue. Most 19 year olds i know at work are mostly into hip hop. They are not rock fans by any stretch of the imagination.

Im always keen to know what sort of music young people are into and whether bands of GNRs stature register any interest, or whether they are the sort of band just boomers listen to.

I like to hope 19 year olds aren't listening to bands from the past but have their own bands to get excited about! Kind of sad if they don't. Every generation needs it's own thing that their parents don't like or understand. When I was 19 I'd have been mortified at the prospect of being into the same things my parents were! 

Edited by allwaystired

16 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Oh for fucks sake. 

This shit is relentless. 

That's what I have been saying for the last couple of years! So, that teaser "just a little patience" was not for a single, or the Live NITL release, or a new album or even the elections result, it was for MORE dates of a 4 year old tour and the best, the dates are a YEAR ahead!!!

And you know what I think the worst is? The AFD5 cross, people are already starting to assume there will be a full reunion and that's how the band will guarantee sales for those gigs. LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

This band is milking us so hard and we fall for it every time! The MOST DANGEROUS band in the world became the MOST BORING band in the world.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Playing devil's advocate here.....there's no hint, or even vague suggestion, that these dates are to promote or perform anything new. The wording of the marketing material seems very oddly specific on that front. 

Oh agreed - there is nothing in that poster which suggests any new is happening (just more confusion as to why AFD5 is so prominent).

My rant was just a general rant about misinformation from management about all manner of things like new music/live releases and the inability to even just fire out a couple of tour EPs and any time since 2016. Rant over....for now. 🤣

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I like to hope 19 year olds aren't listening to bands from the past but have their own bands to get excited about! Kind of sad if they don't. Every generation needs it's own thing that their parents don't like or understand. When I was 19 I'd have been mortified at the prospect of being into the same things my parents were! 

Agree, but if 19 year olds are listening to classic rock, then it tells me there are no new rock bands that people are excited about. Once GNR metallica and maiden retire, what rock bands are popular enough to take the mantle?.

And please dont tell me Greta Van Fleet. 

Well there ya’ go. I mentioned in another thread about the new AC/DC album that they should start a PowerUp tour here in Australia due to our very good COVID-19 position, and GnR had the same thought! 😊

Although still a big risk based on the uncertainty of how the virus can kick off quickly, Australia is still the best placed country in the world to return to live shows with big crowds that will make big $$$$

Guns N Roses would be all over that tasty proposition !

Edited by DownUnderScott

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'll be attending. The covid situation here is pretty good plus we're getting vaccinations so it's very likely this'll happen.

Hopefully they perform well and play some new stuff. Izzy and Steven would be great.

Just checked on Google and apparently we've had 2,010 covid cases here and 1,948 are recovered. Plus the vaccination coming so yeah very likely to happen. (That's what happens when you don't have a small handed retard running things lol)

I be happy for you!!:headbang:

9 hours ago, Spike Killer said:

Would you say GNR are pretty big Down Under?

They are very big here in Australia, have been for the past 35 years. There is the hardcore fans like us that come here, but the majority of Aussie fans are more just fans of the glory days but will go to see their shows just to have fun. So pretty similar to what it is worldwide. Hard rock is still a very popular genre of music here, thankfully!

I’m sure they will again get 30,000-40,000 to most shows. We have a pretty good economic recovery here too, with COVID-19 under control, so people are working and making money and this will allow people to buy expensive gig tickets, buy merch etc...

Anyway, no-one has a crystal ball so who knows how Australia and the World will be in twelve months time, it’s nice to have hope and I will be certainly going to a few shows if they do go ahead.

45 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Agree, but if 19 year olds are listening to classic rock, then it tells me there are no new rock bands that people are excited about. Once GNR metallica and maiden retire, what rock bands are popular enough to take the mantle?.

Well there are, but the industry is so unfair now that they rarely get the opportunity to achieve their potential or the exposure/financial backing to do so. Just think how a band like GNR would have fared now - I doubt they'd even get gigs outside of their hometown. Sad stuff indeed really. 

Don't worry, I'm no Greta Van Fleet fan! They bore the arse off me! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Cheers. Hopefully the situation everywhere else gets sorted ASAP

I have hope. Already few vaccines are tested and with good predictions. New Zeland and Australia between all the country of the world are the most fortunate. Then have logic that the music enterteinment start there.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Lol, Greta Van Fleet. Once these bands are gone it’s over for rock in great bands.

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. Then you got lame parents. :P

I like their music now, but come on.....what teenager wants the approval, or to have anything in common with, their parents?! 

Isn't half the charm of music always the rebellion and the 'voice of a generation' thing? Sad if that's been lost, as it's always been the case - The Beatles owe a lot of their success to parents saying "what's this long-haired trash" while teenagers lapped it up. 

8 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Lol, Greta Van Fleet. Once these bands are gone it’s over for rock in great bands.

Time has moved on though. They'e being replaced by something new, in the same way that the likes of Mozart, Beethoven etc got replaced by new sounds, new ideas, new things. Can't hold back the tide. 

This post on the Twitter thread made me laugh. Must be a troll... can’t spell Axl but gets Izzy Stradlin....:-

So who besides the utterly odious Axel is in this version ? Without Slash or Izzy Stradlin you couldn't pay me to go. Remember this is a band that released one good album 30 years ago or so.

🤣

Plus a few dissenting voices about the lack of new material which is good.

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Susan lied. GNR tour so they can make excuses for not releasing music.

Who was it that gave Susan permission to say something about new music? I can’t find the post anymore but sure she said something like she had been encouraged by management or something to say something?

Cant imagine she will be overly happy at being ridiculed etc online because nothing has materialised.

This isn’t a criticism of folk have a go but more the fact if it was me who got asked to say something like she was encouraged to do and then had to face the ire of fans when nothing happened I’d be pretty pissed off!

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Who was it that gave Susan permission to say something about new music? I can’t find the post anymore but sure she said something like she had been encouraged by management or something to say something?

Cant imagine she will be overly happy at being ridiculed etc online because nothing has materialised.

This isn’t a criticism of folk have a go but more the fact if it was me who got asked to say something like she was encouraged to do and then had to face the ire of fans when nothing happened I’d be pretty pissed off!

I think she used the phrase "allowed" rather than "encouraged". I could be wrong though. 

This tour absolutely cements to me that there is no new music, or any change upcoming. I think we all just need to accept now that it'll be constant touring until the wheels fall off now. It is what it is. The most we can hope for is a decent UYI re-issue. 

29 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think she used the phrase "allowed" rather than "encouraged". I could be wrong though. 

This tour absolutely cements to me that there is no new music, or any change upcoming. I think we all just need to accept now that it'll be constant touring until the wheels fall off now. It is what it is. The most we can hope for is a decent UYI re-issue. 

It’s not looking promising and I’m one of the more positive folk on here. I really hope we do get something against all odds.

I mean - if Susan said she heard new stuff clearly there is/was intent to do something. I just can’t imagine Slash and Duff going into he studio if there wasn’t firm agreement on getting stuff out there - we all know there seems to be some kind of mental block/issue with releasing stuff but surely that should have been sorted out. I know ‘plans change’ but there is absolutely no reason to release even just a cash-grab album (CD2 with overdubs as an example) to keep touring numbers up. If all they are bothered about is cash (not convinced that is strictly true) then they are doing a shite job at milking us fans dry. 🤷🏼‍♂️