Oceania Tour Dates 2021 announced!

17 minutes ago, betterman said:

Lets say GNRs new album consists of 14 songs and they each get played like 5 million times on spotify. (AC/CD Shot in the dark pr. now has 13.7 million plays)

This will generate about 280 000 dollars for this one streaming application alone. You also generate income from streams from Tidal, Youtube etc and digital downloads on Itunes.

I think that in Axls head this is pure artistic integrity and he does not want a product out with the name GNR on it that is not holding up quality wise against AFD/UIY/CD.
We all hoped this would change with Duff and Slash in, but it seems like nothings changed.

I think it’s artistic integrity, too. Which is why Im becoming more skeptical about a new album. He doesn’t seem to believe in the material. 

26 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

The whole ‘there is no money in releasing new music’ argument is pish IMO. There is no downside to it and can only serve to AT LEAST keep touring attendances higher. Hell - just release it via streaming/download with limited physical copies via their website if needed.

Just look on this forum as a snapshot - there are loads of folk who saw them multiple times in NITL but have said can’t justify going again without something new. It’s a different world now and money is ever more precious too - for some it’s a real investment to buy that ticket. New music as opposed to a new lightshow is the best bet. Even a damned tour EP.

Right, and even if it was the case – which it’s not – it still doesn’t explain/justify not releasing any old (or at least new) pro-shots, like heaps of other bands do. It doesn’t require much – just transfer it to a digital form, polish it a bit and put it on YT. Or even if they released it as is, we’d still handle it even without any input from their side. Great candy for the fans, and it barely costs anything. Certain “bootleggers” from the fans community have achieved incredible results, we have awesome mkv videos in GB volumes… so why should it be such a problem for a management / band that made half a billion in two years?  
But no, that would be disrespectful to what’s happening in the world, huh. Retarded.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Right, and even if it was the case – which it’s not – it still doesn’t explain/justify not releasing any old (or at least new) pro-shots, like heaps of other bands do. It doesn’t require much – just transfer it to a digital form, polish it a bit and put it on YT. Or even if they released it as is, we’d still handle it even without any input from their side. Great candy for the fans, and it barely costs anything. Certain “bootleggers” from the fans community have achieved incredible results, we have awesome mkv videos in GB volumes… so why should it be such a problem for a management / band that made half a billion in two years?  
But no, that would be disrespectful to what’s happening in the world, huh. Retarded.

100%. I ranted on the New Album thread all about this actually. I think I had to just vent! 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, betterman said:

There has to be a new album ready for touring, there is no other time than now to finish up what they have. If they are not able to complete something during these covid-times they are never going to finish up the album. 

There is actually a possibility that they have material for several records with input from Duff and Slash. Lets hope they are piling up material like in the dark times (99-02)

I think Axl might have some severe psychological problems, almost like Brian Wilson and Syd Barrett, regarding letting new material out. He has no problem with touring it seems..

Agreed. If there's no new album in 2021 we don't have to worry anymore. Even if they still have the nerve to hint at the possibility.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

All I can think, for the reason that old concerts aren’t released, is that Axl doesn’t want to promote old lineups, or put out footage that’s so great from the past, it makes people realise how truly bad he sounds now... 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

All I can think, for the reason that old concerts aren’t released, is that Axl doesn’t want to promote old lineups, or put out footage that’s so great from the past, it makes people realise how truly bad he sounds now... 

Thing is - the Tokyo DVDs are out there anyway for sale. What’s a few other ones from that era which would undoubtedly be better visually and sonically too?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Yeah, this occurred to me too, and there definitely is some logic behind it. It’s still silly, though. Especially considering the only thing to officially represent the (original) past is Tokyo 92, if we’re not counting Welcome to the Videos. I mean, everyone even mildly interested have seen the reunion by now, and so any comparisons can be made – it’s not like the majority of old/new fans haven’t seen them yet and now are eager to go for the first time and there’s a terrible risk they’d be disappointed in Axl’s form. They’ve all seen them already, even if just on Youtube. It’s time to open the fucking vaults. 
Also, this still doesn’t explain why they haven’t released proper material at least from NITL, if nothing else. I don’t consider “the Selects” to be proper material, more like a half-assed, amateurish attempt. NITL, with its original choreography, is over. Even if they don’t innovate the 2021+ shows too much, it will be different, and there’s no risk people would choose to stay home instead of going (and the band thus losing money) just because they’ve seen it on a DVD beforehand. That would be kinda logical during 2016–19, but not any longer. 
Anyway, go look for logic in the world of GN’R and their ingenious, impeccable, award-winning management… 

Boy, have I been bitching somewhat more recently? 

15 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Yeah, this occurred to me too, and there definitely is some logic behind it. It’s still silly, though. Especially considering the only thing to officially represent the (original) past is Tokyo 92, if we’re not counting Welcome to the Videos. I mean, everyone even mildly interested have seen the reunion by now, and so any comparisons can be made – it’s not like the majority of old/new fans haven’t seen them yet and now are eager to go for the first time and there’s a terrible risk they’d be disappointed in Axl’s form. They’ve all seen them already, even if just on Youtube. It’s time to open the fucking vaults. 
Also, this still doesn’t explain why they haven’t released proper material at least from NITL, if nothing else. I don’t consider “the Selects” to be proper material, more like a half-assed, amateurish attempt. NITL, with its original choreography, is over. Even if they don’t innovate the 2021+ shows too much, it will be different, and there’s no risk people would choose to stay home instead of going (and the band thus losing money) just because they’ve seen it on a DVD beforehand. That would be kinda logical during 2016–19, but not any longer. 
Anyway, go look for logic in the world of GN’R and their ingenious, impeccable, award-winning management… 

Boy, have I been bitching somewhat more recently? 

It’s ok mate - I consider myself one of the more positive ones and even I have hit a ‘rough patch’ where all I am doing is moaning the last few days. 🤣

Edited by DTJ80
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

For the naive (me) on here - have you actually heard something or just kidding....?

Heard something and that Steven and Izzy are involved in same way. That would explain them using the cross other wise it's pretty lame 

Edited by Gibbo
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Thanks Gibbo, i have faith in your comments. Are seeing them when they tour?.

Yeah I'll be there mate. Take all this with a grain of salt it could all be crap but I do think there is some truth in it

8 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Yeah I'll be there mate. Take all this with a grain of salt it could all be crap but I do think there is some truth in it

All good 🤞 crossed. 

2 minutes ago, vloors said:

If they were smart they would advertise it to drive ticket sales.

Who knows they could play that card depending how presale tickets go  which start next thursday. The band seem to surprise us when they tour.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

Heard something and that Steven and Izzy are involved in same way. That would explain them using the cross other wise it's pretty lame 

But to use the cross, have them involved, but not telling anyone would be pretty lame too. Actually it's even more lame.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Your answer is in the last sentence...  Touring=millions for the guys

Releasing music= no millions for the guys

Therefore, step 1, rinse an repeat... 👍

The thing that I struggle with is when is enough enough? These guys have enough money to last several lifetimes, now it’s just pure greed. Nobody lives forever and you can’t take your money to the grave...

Axl is basically ensuring TB and they’re extended family will be financially secure forever, Slash and Duffs families too.

I just don’t understand the mindset

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

54 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Didn’t they use the cross for NITL at various times?  Vienna lithograph comes to mind

Yeah loads of times. On the NITL shirts in the newer legs, on local posters, all sorts. Think it was used in the VIP book in the early legs too. There's nothing whatsoever to be read into them using it again in my opinion.....but it will mean a year of speculation and 'rumours' of course. 

One things for sure, it would take promoters of EPIC stupidity not to mention their return in any advertising material! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah loads of times. On the NITL shirts in the newer legs, on local posters, all sorts. Think it was used in the VIP book in the early legs too. There's nothing whatsoever to be read into them using it again in my opinion.....but it will mean a year of speculation and 'rumours' of course. 

One things for sure, it would take promoters of EPIC stupidity not to mention their return in any advertising material! 

That’s probably why there no communication from the band. It’s gonna sell more tickets if people think it’s a reunion.  Although I’m not too fussed on not having the afd5, I just wish they’d drop Melissa and dizzy and get a decent drummer

• Like 3

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

The thing that I struggle with is when is enough enough? These guys have enough money to last several lifetimes, now it’s just pure greed. Nobody lives forever and you can’t take your money to the grave...

Axl is basically ensuring TB and they’re extended family will be financially secure forever, Slash and Duffs families too.

I just don’t understand the mindset

In my view TB dont deserve the money, and its strange that they are the beneficeries of his estate should anything happen. 

But i think the band touring and the money they make is not just about them its also about the touring crew which i  the band consider as family. It seems they are the type of band where if the band make money everone thats considered GNR  family everyone gets a slice of the pie. I actually admire them for this type of attitude.  When guns are touring it means the touring crew are constantly getting paid, and i think GNR have used the same crew for a number of years.

It would be better if the band have no interest in an album of at least dropping a new ep and play as part of every new tour.

It reminds me when the band when the illusion tour finished they hired a restaurant in new york and shouted the crew a party. 

Edited by Sydney Fan