What Song Would You Like Guns N' Roses To Open With?

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Good work! I don't recall them opening with YCBM. Any idea what shows they were? 

One of the 2014 South American shows with Duff. I think Bolivia? It was due to the show being at such a higher altitude that Axl (maybe at Duff's suggestion?) decided to open with YCBM just to get it out of the way. If I remember it right, he sang the first line perfectly and then immediately switched to the mickey voice, so playing it earlier didn't really make it sound any better :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

One of the 2014 South American shows with Duff. I think Bolivia? It was due to the show being at such a higher altitude that Axl (maybe at Duff's suggestion?) decided to open with YCBM just to get it out of the way. If I remember it right, he sang the first line perfectly and then immediately switched to the mickey voice, so playing it earlier didn't really make it sound any better :lol:

Ah, I remember it now.....I think it was a pretty odd show all round! 

4 hours ago, Spike Killer said:

I think they have a solid first five songs as is - even if it's the same five songs played at the start of each concert for a while now.

It's the middle songs I wouldn't mind a shuffle.

But I wouldn't mind Right Next Door to Hell.

Totally agreed - when they did open with it in 91 it was an awesome way to start a gig.

36 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Welcome to the Jungle was opened with in the 2006 tour, not much at all since, it's been chinese democracy or its so easy. Welcome to the jungle is the perfect opener to any set and should always be played first. 

RNDTH for me....but you cannot go wrong with Jungle. Either or.

10 minutes ago, Dean said:

I loved Chinese with the intro and the lead guitarist coming up on the riser, though It's So Easy works. If they released Hardschool as a single, they could get away with playing that first, then into Easy, Brownstone etc etc. 

Hardschool was a thought I had too - perfect way to open a show with a rocker from the new album.....🤞

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Welcome to the Jungle was opened with in the 2006 tour, not much at all since, it's been chinese democracy or its so easy. Welcome to the jungle is the perfect opener to any set and should always be played first. 

I remember they toured oz in 07 they opened with jungle.

They should(but wont) open with Perfect crime.

Edited by Sydney Fan

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Hardschool was a thought I had too - perfect way to open a show with a rocker from the new album.....🤞

It's a great way to introduce a new song to the casuals too, fans would automatically be psyched to see them hit the stage and go mental thus setting the tone for everyone!

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

It's a great way to introduce a new song to the casuals too, fans would automatically be psyched to see them hit the stage and go mental thus setting the tone for everyone!

Totally mate. Here’s hoping....it’s about all we have left. 😂

• GNFNR 1

I too like the opening four they've had recently (It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle...). I also liked how in recent shows they went straight from Jungle to Slither.

In terms of an opening song, besides It's So Easy, I think Chinese works perfectly, so does Jungle.

You Could Be Mine or Nightrain would be cool, Shadow Of Your Love would be an interesting opener too

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Ain't It Fun would be an interesting one, assuming they're promoting a UYI (and TSI) box set next year. Ain't Goin' Down would work as an opener too if they release it as a single.

Fingers Crossed!

...with a You Could Be Mine Demo.

Edited by YouCouldBeMine_2029
Adding Grammer
  • Like 1