Unpopular GNR confessions

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

This only showcases that what someone says in public doesn't necessarily represent everything that's going on in their mind or how they really feel, and shouldn't be taken at face value. Someone may say something because of anger or because of ego or whatever. In fact, the way and the extent Axl talked about Slash and against a reunion came across more as a manifestation of hurt and bitter feelings about an unfinished business than of moving on. 

There are sources and indications which confirm Axl's comment about a reunion being, if not in the cards, at least not out of the question for him. Even Axl himself in 2011 alluded to the circumstances under which a reunion might work, which means that it had it worked in his head and it wasn't something that he didn't ever consider.

This, i remember it interview, he considered an reunion, just him, Slash and Duff. He put out Izzy and Steven of the reunion.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 8:04 PM, Blackstar said:

This only showcases that what someone says in public doesn't necessarily represent everything that's going on in their mind or how they really feel, and shouldn't be taken at face value. Someone may say something because of anger or because of ego or whatever. In fact, the way and the extent Axl talked about Slash and against a reunion came across more as a manifestation of hurt and bitter feelings about an unfinished business than of moving on. 

There are sources and indications which confirm Axl's comment about a reunion being, if not in the cards, at least not out of the question for him. Even Axl himself in 2011 alluded to the circumstances under which a reunion might work, which means that it had it worked in his head and it wasn't something that he didn't ever consider.

I don't remember him alluding to anyting in 2011. I'd love it if you could refresh my memory. But I do remember this. When Slash said he'd be willing to do a reunion if Axl apologised Axl had this to say: “Contrary to anyone’s claims there are no concrete plans, nor were there ever for a tour and certainly not to replace anyone in the band, beyond a collection of random ideas thrown out by various individuals without any real foundation.”

To me it sounds like a big no-no. According to Axl it is a "random idea" thrown out by "individuals without any real foundation".

I understand that some of you guys are more lenient towards Axl changing his mind. I'm a little biased because I defended him passionately when people were giving him flack for refusing to reunite. I was never a Slash hater, quite the contrary, but I was definitely in Axl's "camp".

Also he didn't just dismiss reunion on a whim, he also did it in interviews where he had the questions in advance and lots of time to think about, like the Del James interview.

Would you consider a reunion with the 'Appetite' or 'Illusions' lineups?
No

No room for debate whatsoever. I guess I understand not everyone's going to see it eye to eye with me. I accept it.

I must say I agree wholeheartedly with this intepretation: "In fact, the way and the extent Axl talked about Slash and against a reunion came across more as a manifestation of hurt and bitter feelings about an unfinished business than of moving on."

But I still don't see it as justifiable. He's not a little kid. But he sure acts like it. 

Edited by Sisyphus