IO Interactive's next Hitman - Project 007

James Bond

I am as excited as a six year old on Christmas morning. The James Bond video game franchise is in desperate need of an overhaul and I've always believed that IO would be the perfect developer to do just that. The modern Hitman games share much of Bond's DNA so this is great news.

I'm glad EON didn't take the cash grab route this time like they did with Activision and the uninspired Call Of Duty clones that quite literally destroyed Bond gaming for nearly a decade.

• Like 1

was just going to post this, but you beat me to it.

I hope this will have heart and fun and won't be another COD clone.

graphics and online don't interest me, I'm hoping for a charming singleplayer campaign like goldeneye with fan service and local multiplayer.

something to look forward to

Edited by action

35 minutes ago, action said:

graphics and online don't interest me, I'm hoping for a charming singleplayer campaign like goldeneye with fan service and local multiplayer.

I'm assuming since you're a Nintendo guy that you haven't played the current Hitman games? If not, you'll be in for a treat.

The multiplayer will be a bit of a question mark as IO hasn't quite got it right with the Hitman games (that is, no local multiplayer at all and basically just some online challenge modes). However, "charming singleplayer" is the very definition of the Hitman games. Open ended missions with tons of spying, stealth, and replay value.