Slash on AC/DC’s New Album: “It’s a Great F**king Record”

5 hours ago, metallex78 said:

I’m in the minority, but I reckon the album is pretty average, even by AC/DC’s standards. 

nope, its a good rock and roll album that sounds like AC/DC.  Again, proving that its really not hard to put out an album of good material, if you WANT TO.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

It's their best album since The Razors Edge. You need to give it a few more spins for sure!

I gave it 5-6 spins, and I still thought it was average. The only songs that Really stood out to me were Demon Fire, and Shot in the Dark.

The rest sounds like recycled, lesser versions of older songs.

I really tried listening to hear what everyone else seems to love about it, but it just sounds pretty bland to me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

come on !!!! garbage this one ??? not the best but good to have that in yous ears by this time

I'll give you that, at least someone is putting something out right now. But as far as an album goes, if it didn't have the AC/DC name on it, it wouldn't get a second listen by most.

Edited by invisible_rose
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 1:53 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

It's their best album since The Razors Edge. You need to give it a few more spins for sure!

The media already said that about Black Ice and Rock Or Bust just for the purpose of a headline :lol:

But anyway, Power Up really is their best album since TRE

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

On 11/21/2020 at 5:05 AM, metallex78 said:

I’m in the minority, but I reckon the album is pretty average, even by AC/DC’s standards. 

At first I thought it waa pretty average but I like it a little more each listen.  I would consider it one of therir worst but I have lsitened to it about 5 or 6 times. I wouldn't say there are any classic on it but there aren't any bad songs that I feel the need to skip. and there are a few songs that are growing on me a bit.. Over all I Think it is pretty solid and the fans seem to be happy with it.  I am not going to run out and buy it but it did inspire me to purchade Who Made Who and Powerage on Vinyl about 10 minutes ago haha...

On another note, I hope Axl is inspired at the hard rock roots of the record  and make him want to put a kick ass hard rock record himself.. That is what he is best at... Maybe also respect the fact that the band willing brought Phil back again even with all his issues..  Drummers Matter...

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 7:55 PM, metallex78 said:

I gave it 5-6 spins, and I still thought it was average. The only songs that Really stood out to me were Demon Fire, and Shot in the Dark.

The rest sounds like recycled, lesser versions of older songs.

I really tried listening to hear what everyone else seems to love about it, but it just sounds pretty bland to me. 

Funny - those are the two tracks I find decent too. Lots of folk love it and fair enough...I just found it to be more of the same from the last couple of albums (the majority of the album is based on ‘Black Ice’ sessions) and apart from a couple on those it’s just more of the same.

A poor AC/DC album (IMO) getting chart action, plaudits etc is all good by me - any kind of rock music getting attention can only be good. 👍

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

At first I thought it waa pretty average but I like it a little more each listen.  I would consider it one of therir worst but I have lsitened to it about 5 or 6 times. I wouldn't say there are any classic on it but there aren't any bad songs that I feel the need to skip. and there are a few songs that are growing on me a bit.. Over all I Think it is pretty solid and the fans seem to be happy with it.  I am not going to run out and buy it but it did inspire me to purchade Who Made Who and Powerage on Vinyl about 10 minutes ago haha...

On another note, I hope Axl is inspired at the hard rock roots of the record  and make him want to put a kick ass hard rock record himself.. That is what he is best at... Maybe also respect the fact that the band willing brought Phil back again even with all his issues..  Drummers Matter...

Powerage - awesome stuff. The one-two of Riff Raff and Sin City is quality.

• Like 1

Much like every AC/DC album since the mid 80's, one or two very good songs amongst a lot of forgettable stuff. 

As someone said before the mixing of the album is pretty bad (vocals especially). Reminds me a bit of "Fly on the wall" in terms of the mix. Really heavily saturated guitars  and the vocals lost in it.

Of their releases over the past 25 years  I'd probably put it just behind "Black Ice" (which was fantastic IMO). Miles better than whatever the last one was called.