Slash on AC/DC’s New Album: “It’s a Great F**king Record”

I think I've listened to about 4 AC/DC albums in my life.  At least three of em were fuckin' brilliant, High Voltage, Highway to Hell and Back in Black.  Can't be stomaching a lot more though.  You kinda get it very quickly.  I suppose you could say the same about The Ramones and I adore them, they followed a formula.  But they knew when to pack it in too, 25 years and thats your lot. 

12 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

At first I thought it waa pretty average but I like it a little more each listen.  I would consider it one of therir worst but I have lsitened to it about 5 or 6 times. I wouldn't say there are any classic on it but there aren't any bad songs that I feel the need to skip. and there are a few songs that are growing on me a bit.. Over all I Think it is pretty solid and the fans seem to be happy with it.  I am not going to run out and buy it but it did inspire me to purchade Who Made Who and Powerage on Vinyl about 10 minutes ago haha...

On another note, I hope Axl is inspired at the hard rock roots of the record  and make him want to put a kick ass hard rock record himself.. That is what he is best at... Maybe also respect the fact that the band willing brought Phil back again even with all his issues..  Drummers Matter...

Which version of Powerage did you get on vinyl?

Coincidentally I had a dream last night that ACDC released a "deluxe" version of Powerage featuring vocals by Axl on one track. 

And yes drummers matter. A bad band with a good drummer sound like an okay band. A fantastic band with a dreadful drummer sound like a dreadful band. A drummer adds finesse, rhythm, dynamics, soul, feeling.

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Every AC/DC album has been the ''best since....'' haha. Until the next one...

I haven't listened to it yet but it would take a lot to beat Black Ice

I'm actually surprised that you would defend such an average album. Honestly, BI has more fillers than any other AC/DC release. 

Edited by Sosso

13 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Which version of Powerage did you get on vinyl?

Coincidentally I had a dream last night that ACDC released a "deluxe" version of Powerage featuring vocals by Axl on one track. 

And yes drummers matter. A bad band with a good drummer sound like an okay band. A fantastic band with a dreadful drummer sound like a dreadful band. A drummer adds finesse, rhythm, dynamics, soul, feeling.

I just got the latest one they had on Amazon.  I was looking at ebay for some originals but they were more than I wanted to spend right now. Maybe another time

On 11/21/2020 at 11:53 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

It's their best album since The Razors Edge. You need to give it a few more spins for sure!

Razors Edge was a fantastic album, introducing AC/DC into the 90’s. Thunderstruck, Are You Ready, Money Talks, Fire Your Guns, and the title track are up there with the best tracks of their career. 

Power Up is a complete snoozefest compared to that album. Doesn’t even come close. 

2 hours ago, THELINESMAN said:

Can anyone else imagine Axl singing "Demon Fire" really well? The deep evil voice is brilliant on that track. Shame we didn't get to hear Axl sing with Brian. A live duet would be great. 

I’d love to hear a duet with Brian on a new GnR album. They could both use their low and high registers 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 4:26 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Every AC/DC album has been the ''best since....'' haha. Until the next one...

I haven't listened to it yet but it would take a lot to beat Black Ice

"Every AC/DC album has been the ''best since....'' haha. Until the next one..."  Because they kick ass.  Wish Axl would see how easy it can be to make an album.  

• Like 1