New Slash interviews (The Oakland Press, Spin Magazine)

Some serious double standards get applied in the name of optimism:

Slash makes vague comments about new material=people take it as new material is definitely coming as he wouldn't make it up

Slash makes vague comments about there being no new material played or recorded=people take it as new material is definitely coming as he's probably not telling the truth. 

Clutching at straws at this point. If they can't rustle up just one new song to play on tour, then stick a fork in it. It's done. 

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

We can’t overlook the fact that in 2019 slash was saying, in a pretty confident manner, that new GnR music was on the way. Now all he says is these “yah maybe” type of answers. Something definitely happened behind the scenes between last year and now.

I imagine it wasn't that 'something' happened, it was that 'nothing' happened and he's lost his early optimism. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Slash must dread the 'GNR new music' questions, he'll be open about his own music because he knows it'll get released.

Seriously are there any other bands whose singer holds up releasing stuff for decades?

I'm so bored of GNR right now, i blame Axl 100%. 

There is no-one else to blame, really.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

Slash must dread the 'GNR new music' questions, he'll be open about his own music because he knows it'll get released.

Seriously are there any other bands whose singer holds up releasing stuff for decades?

I don't understand how anyone could be anything than bored. Same set list for 5 or 6 years, no music in 12, how could anyone claim they were interesting? 

The most interesting thing is actually now trying to figure out why they've gone out of their way to be so un-interesting, against all odds and opportunities! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I understand u but let 's be honest , Axl used to make Slash doing some stuff he don't want and that he is happy about now (November rain, the clip of novemeber rain, a lot of re-working of music for UYI1/2 etc) . So maybe Axl want to put out a newVERY good album or a double. Yes I know i'm so optimist but you will see....last but not least ...the new album is coming. I can even smell it !!!!

• Haha 2

Just now, AxlSlashthebest said:

I understand u but let 's be honest , Axl used to make Slash doing some stuff he don't want and that he is happy about now (November rain, the clip of novemeber rain, a lot of re-working of music for UYI1/2 etc) . So maybe Axl want to put out a newVERY good album or a double. Yes I know i'm so optimist but you will see....last but not least ...the new album is coming. I can even smell it !!!!

I applaud your optimism but my hopes diminish each year that passes...giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I don't understand how anyone could be anything than bored. Same set list for 5 or 6 years, no music in 12, how could anyone claim they were interesting? 

The most interesting thing is actually now trying to figure out why they've gone out of their way to be so un-interesting, against all odds and opportunities! 

That's new image they want. 

'The most boring least dangerous band in the world, going through the motions - only $300!' Rolling stone you can have that one for free

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

No.

It would be very, very surprising if they manage to sound like a real band that has something real to offer. No Izzy. The vibe we get from the "band" these days. Maybe they are aware of all that themselves, that would explain a few things.

Edited by El Guapo

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

It would be very, very surprising if they manage to sound like a real band that has something real to offer. No Izzy. The vibe we get from the "band" these days. Maybe they are aware of all that themselves, that would explain a few things.

I’m out of likes so I just wanted to say that I agree. Even contraband (which was great) had contributions from Izzy! And then libertad didn’t, and it sucked...

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

No.

Well I don't buy into that for one minute. Will it be great? the odds are stacked against it, but it's possible... will it be good? more than likely! one thing is for sure is that one person will like this song, the other person will hate it, and... the other people will hate every song because this member and that member aren't on the record. Probably a better reception to CD because Slash and Duff are on board, but when those old UYI/AFD fans hear the music the 202? GNR release and it doesn't sound like those records I can't see them embracing it, especially if it's the "supposed" 2nd half of CD which is supposedly darker, heavier and more experimental. 

BUT!! I refuse to judge or anticipate a review of a record that hasn't even been recorded yet, when I hear it OR even hear the lead single! that's when I'll start making comments on good or bad.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’m out of likes so I just wanted to say that I agree. Even contraband (which was great) had contributions from Izzy! And then libertad didn’t, and it sucked...

They wrote together for a few weeks (10 or so songs), but I don't believe any of his material was used on Contraband... if it was he didn't get credited😄 Izzy is a smarter businessman than to write songs for a record that does really well, and not ask for a share. 

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

They wrote together for a few weeks (10 or so songs), but I don't believe any of his material was used on Contraband... if it was he didn't get credited😄 Izzy is a smarter businessman than to write songs for a record that does really well, and not ask for a share. 

Do It For The Kids = Bomb (from Izzy’s Dog album). Duff confirmed this.

9 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Do It For The Kids = Bomb (from Izzy’s Dog album). Duff confirmed this.

Interesting! I didn't know about that or that Izzy had his own version after the fact. Izzy's vocals on Bomb are quite good, maybe they should have called him in 2007!😄

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Interesting! I didn't know about that or that Izzy had his own version after the fact. Izzy's vocals on Bomb are quite good, maybe they should have called him in 2007!😄

Yeah they’ve should’ve lol! Especially after Rick Rubin told them that the songs they had for libertad weren’t good enough.

On 11/25/2020 at 5:08 AM, Blackstar said:

Another interview (also mainly about the pinball machine) in Spin Magazine:

https://www.spin.com/2020/11/slash-guns-n-roses-pinball-interview/

The new music question:

Q: So when Guns gets back out onstage in Australia next year, is it possible there might be some brand new music in the setlist?

Slash: Of course there's new music but no-one of us has ever heard new vocals from Axl.

Once I broke in into his rehearsal room while I knew he was sitting on the shithouse after he ate eight burritos and I found this peace of paper with what I would call the seed of a new song. It was a peace of paper and all things considered there were two lines of new vocals written, that's a quarter of a verse or even half of a new chorus. I'm optimistic that we're looking very seriously into adding a new song into the setlist.. if not in 2021 then definitely in 2025.

Sorry, but fixed... :shrugs:

Edited by Free Bird

On 11/26/2020 at 11:09 AM, El Guapo said:

Even in 93 they sounded like a band performing. Cant say that now.

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Rick was right

100 percent. Thats one good thing with Rick is his honesty.