New Slash interviews (The Oakland Press, Spin Magazine)

9 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Could be crap but I heard from a good source pre production was finished 4-5 months again and they were just waiting on Axl

for the uninitiated

Gibbo doesn't f around.

Edited by Ant

3 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Could be crap but I heard from a good source, who is involved with the Australian tour. That pre production was finished 4-5 months ago and they were just waiting on Axl.

:headbang:

This is the kind of info we need. I wonder what they were waiting on...new vocals? Last minute changes?

Regardless - I like this and makes me feel more positive we will get new music eventually. Who knows what has progressed within the 5 months. Thanks for sharing mate.

4 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Could be crap but I heard from a good source, who is involved with the Australian tour. That pre production was finished 4-5 months ago and they were just waiting on Axl.

That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

It fits the previous comments and the current involvement in other projects.

Edited by Free Bird

52 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Does Gibbo have good information??? I need good news after Maradona’s death in order to pump my heart my joy

Gibbo would definitely be one to listen to when it comes to stuff like this. A nightmare regarding Maradona - what a player. 👍

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gibbo said:

It's like 1990 all over again... or 1995-2008 or 2008-2015 or🤣

31 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Can anyone give me a n idiots guide to pre-production? Assuming we aren’t talking about gnr for a second, if an artist finishes pre production how soon after that on average would a record be released? 

I looked into this too! 🤣

Basically it’s getting all the demos etc in shape so that you know exactly what you need to achieve in the proper recording part (presumably to make that part quick and straightforward).

According to Wikipedia anyway! 😂

5 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I looked into this too! 🤣

Basically it’s getting all the demos etc in shape so that you know exactly what you need to achieve in the proper recording part (presumably to make that part quick and straightforward).

According to Wikipedia anyway! 😂

Yup you are correct, getting all the demos ready for entering studio to record. Setting all the tempos, changes, etc for each song. 

4 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Can anyone give me a n idiots guide to pre-production? Assuming we aren’t talking about gnr for a second, if an artist finishes pre production how soon after that on average would a record be released? 

Pre-production: You write a song, arrange and practise it. (If you count songwriting as part of pre-production) Then you choose the gear and settings to shape the desired sound, perhaps with an eye on the acoustics of the room it's supposed to be recorded in. Then you check the lines and levels or make an appointment with an assistant to do that for you in a studio or other recording environment. That's basically it.

Production: Now you record the instruments, either along with the vocals or as most prefer in the studio you do vocals after.

Post production: After that you might experiment with layers, ambience, equalizing, compression and stuff and give it all a proper mix. This takes the longest and is the most draining part. Done.

Might take an hour, a week or a month, schedule depends on budget, health, family, other obligations and stuff. After six months anyone with some inspiration, talent and the right tools and environment to record in should have a finsihed product or be very close.

However, that's for normal artists.

I think it's neither pre or post production holding up anything at all. It's not like these guys have a 9-5 job they depend on for a living and that keeps them from getting music done. As soon as Axl came back with a new band in 2001 he played new songs already because he actually had some. Not on a single new song in 3 years of NITL though. Do the math.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Thanks for the info/sharing the rumour. Not doubting the credibility, but they're waiting on Axl to do what exactly? 

3 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

It's news but no good news.

They were just waiting on Axl = dead end

It was inevitable. 

Essentially it's a glorified "working on ideas".....and if you're waiting on your primary song-writer, lyricist, singer and front-man then it's barely even out of the starting blocks.  

• Like 2

On 11/26/2020 at 1:40 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Rick was right

Yeah Rick was totally correct.  I was young when that album came out so anything from VR was good in my books at the time but nowadays re-evaluating it the songs just aren't there, for the most part.