Maradonna dies

Len Cnut

I don't know if he was the best football player (and if not, it's pretty damn close) but he's certainly immortal and will be an inspiration to generations to come, long after we're all gone. He is a truly iconic figure, I'd go as far as rank him one of the 5 most loved people of the century

• Like 2

My uncle was in Spain for the 86 world cup and bought me an Argentina top which I wore to death as a kid. Wish I still had it. One of the very few players who become bigger than the team or club he plays for. The type who you'd support from club to club.

Properly gutted about this actually which surprises me because I never really get that. He was just an ever present fucking barometer of greatness. The player everyone else since was measured against. Zidane comes along, fucking beautiful player but he gets put up against Maradonna, and you can debate it from there but he is the yardstick. Same when it was Ronaldinhos turn, both the Ronaldos, Messi. Their greatness is compared up against his because he set the standard. RIP you mad brilliant fucking genius.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maybe it is the aging process but I just cannot accept your Messis and C. Ronaldos are in the same class as Maradona, Pele, Cruyff and Zidane. 

I trust the generation before me so I always think of Cruyff, Moore, Pele, Eusebio etc to have been greats but it was before my time so I just have to respect that they were but I kind of judge Maradonna onwards as that was right at the beginning of getting into watching football for me.

I see what your saying because I notice I do the same thing and with music aswell but you kind of have to aknowledge Messi and Ronaldo. They've been phenomenal for so long now they kind of force their way into even the most stubborn of old farts respect.

Sadly he can't never beat his addictions. October 30 was his 60 birthday, but already has very sick. Has  surgery for an bruise in his brain. The government decree 3 days of mourning. Sadly he has to sorround fo too much leeches.  R I P Diego.

3 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Sadly he can't never beat his addictions. October 30 was his 60 birthday, but already has very sick. Has  surgery for an bruise in his brain. The government decree 3 days of mourning. Sadly he has to sorround fo too much leeches.  R I P Diego.

To be fair if someone offered me the 60 years of the life that he had but that would be my lot I would have said thank you very much I will take that deal 100%

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

To be fair if someone offered me the 60 years of the life that he had but that would be my lot I would have said thank you very much I will take that deal 100%

Perhaps because i don't be football fan, i would prefer is live.

3 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I'm don't care football much. I just be Argentinian and Diego was an national hero. I know he was an hero in many European countrys and UK too.

He's both loved and loathed (for the Hand of God goal) in England but even those who dislike him for cheating will still acknowledge he was a genius on the pitch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

He's both loved and loathed (for the Hand of God goal) in England but even those who dislike him for cheating will still acknowledge he was a genius on the pitch.

I just feel sorry he isn't enough smart to run his own life. I don't know if you saw the lasts Maradonna's pictures, you would be shocked. Sadly be genious in the football don't translated in his own live 😧

• Like 1