Maradonna dies

Len Cnut

Yesterday played the All Black vs the Pumas. And the All Blacks to pay tribute to Maradona, it isn't case of The Pumas. Here was criticized the shit Pumas attitude. But seem that Maradona has "vengeance" about the Pumasย  and the All Blacks win 38-0 againts Pumasย ย :headbang:

If England won they may have gotten through Action's lot but just beenย beaten onย pens by Jerry in the final. That final is, that rare event, a classic world cup final by the way, a five goal thriller with Burruchaga providing the last minute winner.ย I think it is on youtube. Watched it about two years ago.ย 

I remember Italia '90, the Camerooniansย beating the Argies in the opening game. Roger Milla. Used to love him. The Argies still made it to the final without Maradona scoring a single goal in open play. Dullest game ever until the USA final.ย 

PS

And here it is. Absolute classic,

ย 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Italia 90 was the one, that tournament had so much to offer and being older, is a lot more vivid in my memory.... England's run to the semi-final... Platt's volley, Gazza's tears (and Lineker's "have a word with him"), Milla being a legend in his forties (and making a mug of Higuita along the way), Big Jack and the Irish, Rijkaard spitting in Voller's hair :lol: and this very special moment from Klinsmann...

ย 

ย 

On 11/30/2020 at 5:58 PM, DieselDaisy said:

If England won they may have gotten through Action's lot but just beenย beaten onย pens by Jerry in the final. That final is, that rare event, a classic world cup final by the way, a five goal thriller with Burruchaga providing the last minute winner.ย I think it is on youtube. Watched it about two years ago.ย 

I remember Italia '90, the Camerooniansย beating the Argies in the opening game. Roger Milla. Used to love him. The Argies still made it to the final without Maradona scoring a single goal in open play. Dullest game ever until the USA final.ย 

PS

And here it is. Absolute classic,

ย 

Why DO we call em Jerry?ย  I've never thought to look it up or ask, I usually tend to look this sort of shit up.ย  And The Bosh.

29 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Why DO we call em Jerry?ย  I've never thought to look it up or ask, I usually tend to look this sort of shit up.ย  And The Bosh.

Jerry is World War One derived andย one of those things that are shrouded in mystery. Boche basically means blockhead in French and was first used by the French soon after the Franco-Prussian War of 1870 to describe the alleged slowness/dim-wittedness of the Germans.

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Jerry is World War One derived andย one of those things that are shrouded in mystery. Boche basically means blockhead in French and was first used by the French soon after the Franco-Prussian War of 1870 to describe the alleged slowness/dim-wittedness of the Germans.

There's a slow and dim-witted associations to krauts?ย  I've never come across that one, I've always thought they were considered like proper sharp fuckers.ย  humourless perhaps?ย  So there's no word on why Jerry?ย  Hmm.ย  Weird.

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

There's a slow and dim-witted associations to krauts?ย  I've never come across that one, I've always thought they were considered like proper sharp fuckers.ย  humourless perhaps?ย  So there's no word on why Jerry?ย  Hmm.ย  Weird.

Only theories.

World War I British Army slang for "a German; the Germans," 1919, probably an alteration ofย Germanย based on the male nicknameย Jerry, popular form ofย Jeremy. But it also is said to be from the shape of the German helmet, which was thought to resemble aย jerry, British slang for "chamber pot, toilet" (1850), this being probably an abbreviation ofย jeroboam, which is attested in this sense from 1827. Compareย jerry-hatย "round felt hat" (1841).

https://www.etymonline.com/word/jerry#:~:text=Jerry (n.),Jerry%2C popular form of Jeremy.

Bosche. This is the French though, who deem themselves an overly sophisticated race - especially the Parisians.ย 

On 12/5/2020 at 6:46 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Only theories.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/jerry#:~:text=Jerry (n.),Jerry%2C popular form of Jeremy.

Bosche. This is the French though, who deem themselves an overly sophisticated race - especially the Parisians.ย 

What about "the hun"?

As in "you can't sight up Jack lad your only 15"

"Oh leave off mum I should think I'd like a crack at the hun"

Just now, spunko12345 said:

What about "the hun"?

As in "you can't sight up Jack lad your only 15"

"Oh leave off mum I should think I'd like a crack at the hun"

Don't know where the fuck that came from I've just woke up from sleeping during a work meeting.

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2020 at 7:28 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Maybe it is the aging process but I just cannot accept your Messis and C. Ronaldos are in the same class as Maradona, Pele, Cruyffย and Zidane.ย 

Messi and Ronaldo aren't in the same class as Maradona but neither are Pele, Cruyff, Zidane or anybody else. Every generation has one or two great football players but Maradona is simply the GOAT. Nobody had his skill level or his attitude.ย 

On 12/11/2020 at 1:54 PM, Free Bird said:

Messi and Ronaldo aren't in the same class as Maradona but neither are Pele, Cruyff, Zidane or anybody else. Every generation has one or two great football players but Maradona is simply the GOAT. Nobody had his skill level or his attitude.ย 

I think Messi is up there with him. Maybe not as much of an interesting character but on the pitch he's in the same class.

• GNFNR 1

I think Messi might be better, especially in this day and age where the level is even higher. But as a person he's more an introvert and less interesting compared to the outgoing and crazy Maradona, but that doesn't have anything to do with the football.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

I think Messi might be better, especially in this day and age where the level is even higher. But as a person he's more an introvert and less interesting compared to the outgoing and crazy Maradona, but that doesn't have anything to do with the football.

Exactly and it's the football which is the main thing. There are thousands of mad fuckers in the world but without amazing talent they spend their life in a bedsit running away from drug debts. Just because Messi doesn't seem to have that mental gene doesn't make him any less of a footballer.

• Like 1