Maradonna dies

Len Cnut

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

1370292.jpeg

:lol:

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

There’s no way Bestie belongs there.  He’s a footballing icon but like, you judge these things on merit right, achievement and that?  Bestie don’t cut it.

Bestie deserves to be in there for his heroic boozing, skirt chasing, Miss World shagging, off the field exploits alone. It's an achievement he could ever be bothered to play a match!

Turned football into rock n' roll.

He's in. :lol:

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news/diego-maradona-peter-shilton-hand-of-god-b1762133.html

Thats it Shilts, forgive and forget :lol:  Listen, my allegiances lie with England and always will but, is it just me, did anyone else see this or did I hallucinate it but the goal right after the hand of God entailed ol' Diego pissing all over the entire England defence and putting it in the back of the net, was that not the case?  I think it was, wasn't it?  So who cares about the hand of fuckin' God? :lol:  'changed the complexion of the game' no doubt will be the reply.  

Lineker was at it also on twitter with hand of god references. A gulf separates Shilton and Lineker politically but they're bonded in never quite getting over that match.

Also, stuff about Maradona ''being troubled''. Maradona seemed to utterly enjoy (and rather manage) his decadent lifestyle, and loved being Maradona. He loved the coke, booze, food, women and generally being a mad little bastard post-football. (for us watching world cups at home, the corporate box with Diego and his entourage was frequently more entertaining viewing than the football game!). He continued with this lifestyle until the end. It wasn't as if he was Gazza, turning up at Tescos in the morning for a six pack  with his todger on show. Can nobody be a reprobate anymore without being deemed, ''troubled''?

Yes, Maradona probably shaved a few years off, yet Maradona packed more life in one minute than any of our sad lingering lives. 

PS

Downloading that Maradona documentary. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

:lol:

Bestie deserves to be in there for his heroic boozing, skirt chasing, Miss World shagging, off the field exploits alone. It's an achievement he could ever be bothered to play a match!

Turned football into rock n' roll.

He's in. :lol:

See therein lies exactly why I love Bestie (and btw I despite Man Utd and 99.9% of the players who played for em, it takea a monumental amount of exceptional circumstances for me to love a United player and I love Bestie) but football-wise?  

I love him like I love Oliver Reed (who was a champion actor btw) or...I dunno Peter O Toole or Richard Harris but was Bestie a great, objectively speaking?  Difficult to argue.  As I say, I love Bestie for what he was, an icon of the 60s, a bit of a lad, a champion drinker and a champion shagger...but if the latter two made you a great footballer then I have uncles worthy of mention alongside Pele and MaradoNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNa :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Lineker was at it also on twitter with hand of god references. A gulf separates Shilton and Lineker politically but they're bonded in never quite getting over that match.

Also, stuff about Maradona ''being troubled''. Maradona seemed to utterly enjoy (and rather manage) his decadent lifestyle, and loved being Maradona. He loved the coke, booze, food, women and generally being a mad little bastard post-football. (for us watching world cups at home, the corporate box with Diego and his entourage was frequently more entertaining viewing than the football game!). He continued with this lifestyle until the end. It wasn't as if he was Gazza, turning up at Tescos in the morning for a six pack  with his todger on show. Can nobody be a reprobate anymore without being deemed, ''troubled''?

Yes, Maradona probably shaved a few years off, yet Maradona packed more life in one minute than any of our sad lingering lives. 

PS

I fuckin’ told you to watch that when it came out, you indolent bastard (fair play, you might’ve been doing umpteen more productive things).

I agree with you though, the man loved his life, like Ollie Reed before him, I hate these mournful obituaries, Stephen Fry actually laid into the news reports that claim Peter Cook lived some kind of miserable life just cuz he loved getting pissed, like its all about misery and despair and that.  Its bollocks, liking a drink don’t mean to say you’re some kinda crackhead round the back of The Coach and Horses dishing out blowies for a capful of Grouse a turn.

49 minutes ago, action said:

maradona - ali - freddie - mandela

I don't think there are many others who were as universally loved as these people, transcending the races and religions.

Fuck offfffffffff, how is Freddie in that league, fuck right off :lol:  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

See therein lies exactly why I love Bestie (and btw I despite Man Utd and 99.9% of the players who played for em, it takea a monumental amount of exceptional circumstances for me to love a United player and I love Bestie) but football-wise?  

I love him like I love Oliver Reed (who was a champion actor btw) or...I dunno Peter O Toole or Richard Harris but was Bestie a great, objectively speaking?  Difficult to argue.  As I say, I love Bestie for what he was, an icon of the 60s, a bit of a lad, a champion drinker and a champion shagger...but if the latter two made you a great footballer then I have uncles worthy of mention alongside Pele and MaradoNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNa :lol: 

Oh, some of the old footage of Bestie is absolutely fantastic, he definitely was as good as anyone ability wise, a footballing genius apart from the sideshow of his off field activities. The fact he was from Northern Ireland basically hampered him from showcasing it at a World Cup.

I definitely think there's a bit of me looking at it through generational tinted glasses, though, I mean, a lot of the kids nowadays would have Messi and Ronaldo etc. above any of the greats from the past but to me, Ronaldo, for instance, for all his record breaking stats and whatever, just isn't very pleasing to watch. It's almost like he's too athletic, like he should be in track and field flying over hurdles or something? Maradona, Best, Cruyff, Zidane and the like just glided over the pitch, made it look effortless, they were like artists and it was beautiful to watch.

Football in general has lost a lot of the magic it once had for me but I feel that way about a lot of things nowadays, haha! Probably just the old fart in me coming to the fore.

It's also like trying to compare boxers from different eras, you can't really do it but it's fun to nonetheless.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I fuckin’ told you to watch that when it came out, you indolent bastard (fair play, you might’ve been doing umpteen more productive things).

I agree with you though, the man loved his life, like Ollie Reed before him, I hate these mournful obituaries, Stephen Fry actually laid into the news reports that claim Peter Cook lived some kind of miserable life just cuz he loved getting pissed, like its all about misery and despair and that.  Its bollocks, liking a drink don’t mean to say you’re some kinda crackhead round the back of The Coach and Horses dishing out blowies for a capful of Grouse a turn.

Fuck offfffffffff, how is Freddie in that league, fuck right off :lol:  

Action's favourite album is the soundtrack to Top Gun

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Action's favourite album is the soundtrack to Top Gun

every song on that trumps anything on appetite

tom cruise is such a great singer. all those different styles he tried on that album

"gonna take it right into the danger zone"

so badass 

58 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Oh, some of the old footage of Bestie is absolutely fantastic, he definitely was as good as anyone ability wise, a footballing genius apart from the sideshow of his off field activities. The fact he was from Northern Ireland basically hampered him from showcasing it at a World Cup.

I definitely think there's a bit of me looking at it through generational tinted glasses, though, I mean, a lot of the kids nowadays would have Messi and Ronaldo etc. above any of the greats from the past but to me, Ronaldo, for instance, for all his record breaking stats and whatever, just isn't very pleasing to watch. It's almost like he's too athletic, like he should be in track and field flying over hurdles or something? Maradona, Best, Cruyff, Zidane and the like just glided over the pitch, made it look effortless, they were like artists and it was beautiful to watch.

Football in general has lost a lot of the magic it once had for me but I feel that way about a lot of things nowadays, haha! Probably just the old fart in me coming to the fore.

It's also like trying to compare boxers from different eras, you can't really do it but it's fun to nonetheless.

You know what, right after I made my post i felt bad because i felt like I wrote of Besties footballing skills, I mentiones the drink I said ‘icon’ but I totally ignored the footballing prowess, of which he had a lot and he was just a midgety little Irishman with skinny legs, the man was a prodigy for sure, believe me, I’ve seen every goal, I just meant like, all told, if we were to be clinical, is he a Ronaldo (the slaphead)?  Or a Maradona?  Unfortunatly not.  He’s the worlds greatest couldabeen.  What he was though was the closest we ever came to great...and earlier than everyone else, the first superstar of football...and boldly individualistic at it...that alone makes him a legend.  Ans remember, this is coming from an Arsenal supporter :lol: 

32 minutes ago, action said:

every song on that trumps anything on appetite

I love you action, you’re one of my favourite posters but really, seriously...shoot yourself.  For the good of mankind, do it :lol: 

(don’t actually!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

It is very good. It almost puts you in his shoes through the footage, the madness of being Maradona in Napoli, arriving to this media circus and becoming a messiah figure for the Neapolitans etc etc. Things to emerge are

- how he changed, his speech and even facial features, once cocaine had taken a hold. He was reasonably well spoken young man hitherto. 

- Far be it from allowing the decadence to destroy his career (obviously this happened at the very end of his career, a period not covered in this documentary) Maradona went to ridiculous lengths to juggle both. So he'd spend the best part of three-four days detoxing for the Sunday match. And for the 1990 world cup he relinquished the excesses completely. He actually, to a degree, managed both lifestyles. To a degree.  

- Winning that first Scudetto, 1986-7, was considered the proudest moment of his career, not the 1986 World Cup. 

• Like 2

On 11/26/2020 at 6:13 PM, DieselDaisy said:

PS

Well said. If I was offered 60 years of being the greatest footballer, shagging, snorting, hanging out with naples mafiosa and having people constantly tell me what a god among men i think i could live with  that. He did ok 😄. Throw in the way he took the absolute piss out of England in that world cup and it doesn't get any better than that. There are people in their 70s who still get riled about It. He just used to smirk about it when asked by an indignant BBC reporter who expected him to be remorsful and that was the perfect response. He did it and he was fucking proud of it. In apologetic.  In many ways the Hand Of God was the ultimate troll 😄

Edited by spunko12345
  • Like 1