Which Gn'R song brings out overwhelming emotion/tears in your response?

My favorite angsty songs are Coma and Sorry.

When I don't want to feel angsty and kinda want to get into another headspace I'll rather listen to something faster like Double Talkin Jive, Shackler's Revenge or It's So Easy.

For some reason the song Chinese Democracy makes me feel ambitious.

Prostitute is a good song when I feel like I don't want to sell my soul.

The only GNR songs that have made me cry are This I Love and It's Alright. This I Love sometimes still brings a tear to my eye, so I'd say that one is probably the most emotional song for me.

• Like 2

This I love, it was inscribed on the inner band of my ex ‘s wedding band, it was to be played at our big wedding for first dance. Things fell apart and cancer took her pops. I listen when I’m drunk AF and think of what that time in my life meant. No worries tho I’m married to a wonderful woman who loves my bi polar crazy self , 5 years on now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Jeez, man... do you ever have something positive to say on here?

Plenty thanks,as my posts clearly show. Do you ever have anything that isn't blind and slavish devotional praise to say?  

Not that suggesting I can think of some rockers who are interested in making money is remotely negative of course........but don't let that get in the way of your usual routine of attempting to batter into the ground anyone who dares to suggest an opinion that you don't construe as suitable reverential though. 

I seem to recall one of your lines recently was "it's forum users like you that are the problem" when telling some other poor sod he was wrong for not bowing low enough at the fan altar. 

I'm sure it would be much more fun for you if the forum was a circle-jerk of non-thinking awe, but thank fuck it isn't and opinions are allowed. 

Again, not there is anything remotely negative about pointing out that there are a great many 'rock n rollers' who like to fill their pockets. 

Edited by allwaystired

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Plenty thanks,as my posts clearly show. Do you ever have anything that isn't blind and slavish devotional praise to say?  

Not that suggesting I can think of some rockers who are are interested in making money is remotely negative of course........

I hardly post in this GnR sub-forum because I'd end up being like you and I don't see the point. Anyway, I wasn't trying to offend you, I am sincerely curious, eight out of ten times when I see your username it's yet another lame joke or complaint about the band. And that's totally fair criticism that I even agree with often, but if it's all so negative, why are you here?

But anyway. Back on topic.

I'd say Yesterdays, Estranged, and the ending of Coma.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I hardly post in this GnR sub-forum because I'd end up being like you and I don't see the point. Anyway, I wasn't trying to offend you, I am sincerely curious, eight out of ten times when I see your username it's yet another lame joke or complaint about the band. And that's totally fair criticism that I even agree on often, but if it's all so negative, why are you here?

But anyway. Back on topic.

I'd say Yesterdays, Estranged, and the ending of Coma.

Try asking that question to the other 99 per cent of posters who are far more critical than I ever am. 

If you find realistic discussion of the band too 'negative' for you, we might all ask why you were here to be honest.

It's pretty tiresome having people call users 'negative' or 'not proper fans' every time they point out that something is a bit shit.

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Try asking that question to the other 99 per cent of posters who are far more critical than I ever am. 

If you find realistic discussion of the band too 'negative' for you, we might all ask why you were here to be honest.

It's pretty tiresome having people call users 'negative' or 'not proper fans' every time they point out that something is a bit shit.

I never said people aren't proper fans, I think they are big fans, just very disappointed with the band, and I can relate to that, but I don't see the point in repeating the same complaints over and over and making a hobby out of taking shots at the band. It's one thing to give your opinion, no matter how negative it is, I have done the same thing, but some posters on here use every thread to repeat the same complaints and how much they hate GnR now. We get it, don't become a broken record. But I guess that's what the internet is for most people. But sometimes I question it, and today I asked you because you're one of those posters who jumps out in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I never said people aren't proper fans, I think they are big fans, just very disappointed with the band, and I can relate to that, but I don't see the point in repeating the same complaints over and over and making a hobby out of taking shots at the band. It's one thing to give your opinion, no matter how negative it is, I have done the same thing, but some posters on here use every thread to repeat the same complaints and how much they hate GnR now. We get it, don't become a broken record. But I guess that's what the internet is for most people. But sometimes I question it, and today I asked you because you're one of those posters who jumps out in my opinion.

Well I think perhaps you're shooting the wrong fish in the barrel then.

Feel free to take a look at the sorts of things I say....I have never once said I hate the band, or really been too negative at all.

I'm not going to sit back and say I think things are going in the right direction for GNR though, as they quite clearly aren't. 

Most people seem to feel this way on here. That's why the discussions all go the way they do. 

You really are criticizing the wrong person though if you think I use every thread to complain and say how much I hate the band. Choose another target and ask them the same questions. 

I would point out though that constantly picking out people and having a go at them for being a 'problem on this forum' while accusing others of being a 'broken record' is pretty hypocritical.

Edited by allwaystired

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I would point out though that constantly picking out people and having a go at them for being a 'problem on this forum' while accusing others of being a 'broken record' is pretty hypocritical.

I agree. You're the second poster I ever asked this question. Look... I guess I find it fascinating why certain posters choose to come here on a daily basis to express the same sentiment, instead of just moving on. Did the band hurt them so much? Is it like an ex-boyfriend/girlfriend thing where you keep talking shit about them because you're still heartbroken? I just try to understand it. I suppose I'm fascinated by human behaviour. 

But anyway, clearly I was wrong about you. You're not like that at all, I must have mistaken you for another poster. A thousand apologies.

I won't derail the thread any further.

Well none of the songs make me emotional to the point to tears. I do find some songs on the albums can be thought provoking because whatever you want to say about axl, the guy was a poet at times with his lyrics. A song I’ve said before that does kind have lyrics that helped me over 15 years ago and still do is yesterdays. I know it’s not one of the better known songs but I like it.

32 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I agree. You're the second poster I ever asked this question. Look... I guess I find it fascinating why certain posters choose to come here on a daily basis to express the same sentiment, instead of just moving on. Did the band hurt them so much? Is it like an ex-boyfriend/girlfriend thing where you keep talking shit about them because you're still heartbroken? I just try to understand it. I suppose I'm fascinated by human behaviour. 

But anyway, clearly I was wrong about you. You're not like that at all, I must have mistaken you for another poster. A thousand apologies.

I won't derail the thread any further.

Look, no worries. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have said stuff is shit if I think it is, but I don't really feel I'm negative. I'd honestly say I'm on the more positive side when it comes to GNR, in general. This is still my favourite band of all time! 

My take on it is people care....but yeah, they feel hurt and burned on it. And people still think they can turn it around, so they still care. 

I think people move on and stop posting when they just stop caring. The drop off in the number of people posting is probably a sign that is happening. If you want to see REAL negative though, have a look at a certain other forum! It's very tame on here compared to that! 

Music rarely makes me emotional. The only song thats ever made me even slightly emotional is You Take My Breath Away by Queen, but even then it was just more of an intense somberness when hearing it the first couple of times when I first discovered it.

I do appreciate the artistry of any song however, but rarely does one ever cause me to get emotional.

Metallica and Run The Jewels get me pumped while running/working out, does that count as an emotional response?

In terms of songs that elicit tears or strong emotional feelings, GNR has several. As a teenager Estranged always made me emotional.  I could listen to that song over and over just to work through my stress, sadness, or anger.  Fast forward a few decades, and now Catcher in the Rye really makes me emotional, especially the last part of the song.  Not sure why...the lyrics don't really have much to do with my life.  I just find the last two minutes of that song to be so powerful that it moves me to tears.  Other honorable "emotional" mentions for me are Prostitute, Patience, and Coma.  And the Blues live in Pittsburgh was amazing...it was much more powerful for me than the final Street of Dreams that made it to CD.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say that I was brought to tears by any GNR songs. As far as having an emotional impact, I would say there are a few songs. I think the last 3 minutes of Rocket Queen is one of the most beautiful and soulful pieces of music ever written. I would say Paradise City since that seems to me to say that there is always a silver lining in dark clouds. Jungle will always  bring back memories and an emotional response. It was the song that got me hooked to GNR. Don't Damn Me is another one where the lyrics are very inspirational to me.