Which Gn'R song brings out overwhelming emotion/tears in your response?

The most emotion-evoking moment for me in a GN'R-song is probably from the speech in the bridge of "get in the ring". As I'm getting older the more juvenile and stupid this section gets, but I remember that it would really get to me as a teenager. Especially with the musical framing. 
I think that the emotion which is predominant in GNRs music overall is anger and to me, it's been a great outlet in that capacity. I credit that mostly to Axl, he's really good at manifesting his anger through music, it's the real deal, and I can feel it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dean said:

Welcome to the Jungle, Bridge School 2012.

No words needed other than "Yee-ha!"

Oh god, I was there. None of the folks sitting around us were there for NuGuns, just my wife and I. And she is only a casual fan at best. It was actually a really good lineup with varied styles; rock, folk, even some country, etc. I was so excited to finally see Axl live for the first time in 20 years. And then he came out. I just sat there with my jaw on the ground. I was so embarrassed for him. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, DTV88 said:

Oh god, I was there. None of the folks sitting around us were there for NuGuns, just my wife and I. And she is only a casual fan at best. It was actually a really good lineup with varied styles; rock, folk, even some country, etc. I was so excited to finally see Axl live for the first time in 20 years. And then he came out. I just sat there with my jaw on the ground. I was so embarrassed for him. 

What was it that was wrong again which caused the horrific performance? Did he have a sore throat?

7 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

I watched the live stream of it. I was lost for words, but to actually be there?! I feel for ya!!!

Fair fucks to him for going on with Strep Throat, he opened himself up to a load of criticism for that. I suppose the determination to not let Neil Young down and to put on a show for the kids was a driving force for him

21 minutes ago, Dean said:

I watched the live stream of it. I was lost for words, but to actually be there?! I feel for ya!!!

Fair fucks to him for going on with Strep Throat, he opened himself up to a load of criticism for that. I suppose the determination to not let Neil Young down and to put on a show for the kids was a driving force for him

Yes, strep throat was the story. I tend to believe it cause he sounded medicated too. The positive was Eddie Vedder doing an impromptu 2 song set while they waited for Axl to show up. 

30 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Am I the only one always tired of the same double talking jive ass-hats posting the same pointless bs 80 times a day?

Was that aimed at me.....🤔....I genuinely don’t know what the issue was with his voice other than it was BAD.

Edit - I see the posts regarding Strep Throat.

Edited by DTJ80

11 minutes ago, soon said:

The guitar in Shotgun Blues is so good, especially the breakdown section! Thats pure rock n roll - Makes me wanna kick over a piano bench and have a sock hop :headbang:

It’s just Axl with a writing credit too I’m sure....so he must have came up with the riffs etc then?

Shotgun Blues gets a bad rap for some reason but I like it. 👍

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Draguns said:

I wouldn't say that I was brought to tears by any GNR songs. As far as having an emotional impact, I would say there are a few songs. I think the last 3 minutes of Rocket Queen is one of the most beautiful and soulful pieces of music ever written. I would say Paradise City since that seems to me to say that there is always a silver lining in dark clouds. Jungle will always  bring back memories and an emotional response. It was the song that got me hooked to GNR. Don't Damn Me is another one where the lyrics are very inspirational to me.  

Rocket Queen really is the ultimate GNR song - first two thirds are sleazy and dark and then tone switches completely. As you say, the last 3 mins are just beyond awesome and when I listen to RQ I always think ‘this song is just off the chart’.....this and Estranged are the top 2 GNR tracks for me.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It’s just Axl with a writing credit too I’m sure....so he must have came up with the riffs etc then?

Shotgun Blues gets a bad rap for some reason but I like it. 👍

Axl played guitar on it too! Being guns, everyone is credited with rhythm guitar though, so I’m not sure who’s playing what. But alll the parts are badass. Axl shines :headbang:

I like it too, but the criticisms of the lyrics seem fair enough to me

*Goes and dances to it like Dizzy in the Garden of Eden video*

23 minutes ago, soon said:

Axl played guitar on it too! Being guns, everyone is credited with rhythm guitar though, so I’m not sure who’s playing what. But alll the parts are badass. Axl shines :headbang:

I like it too, but the criticisms of the lyrics seem fair enough to me

*Goes and dances to it like Dizzy in the Garden of Eden video*

👍

• Like 1

Both of slashs solos in breakdown

The verse before the solo in estranged, the solo and rest of the song from that point until the end.

When im driving my foot has a mind of its own on the accelarator when listening to dont damn me including the solos and ending.

I find "look at your game girl" underrated.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 3:49 PM, DTJ80 said:

I guess Estranged is the one song that ‘makes me think/contemplate’ stuff.

Yes Estranged for me too. It came randomly the other day while I was riding my bike, it was dark and I was in the forest - so "isolated" and the song hit hard. It probably helps that it's my fav GN'R song.

• Like 2