Which Gn'R song brings out overwhelming emotion/tears in your response?

Easy answer for me.

Personally, Yesterdays is such a good song . Well written. True words. Meaningful.

I have regrets of lost  years , nothing immoral  or illegal. Nothing like that, but just moving on faster in life. 

The song is really an uplifting song .
Yesterdays got nothing on me...

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, weaponsnflowers said:

On an ordinary day
Not in an ordinary way
All at once the song I heard
No longer would it play
For anybody
Or anyone
That needed comfort from somebody
Needed comfort from someone
Who cared
To be
Not like you
And unlike me

That gets me every time. As I think it's about John Lennon and how his song was cut short. Luckily people can still find comfort from his songs, even though he no longer plays them for us. Great lyrics Axl, great lyrics.

The demo fucking hits me in the feels. Perfectly structured with the rhythm being prominent throughout with Brian’s perfect outro solo coming right at the very last verse instead of Bumble soloing right from the get go. The album version doesn’t do it justice.

34 minutes ago, Flayer said:

Always get goosebumps for a few seconds on the last solo of Prostitute.

when they did it live as part of the reunion, i think it was in Hartford in 2017 , the last guitar notes did give me a few gooseparts. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/922631472661401600

Edited by Sydney Fan

This might sound weird but the last minute and a half of Prostitute. It slowly fades into this cinematic orchestration. It actually stops me in my tracks and I have to pause and appreciate it. It’s not a sad emotional reaction. It’s more of awe inspiring kind of feeling. A feeling of finality. Kind of reminds me of chapters that end and a book closing forever.

• Like 4

It depends on my mood but there are moments on a lot of songs that might not bringing tears into my eyes but still a strong emotional feeling. Nightrain outro, Locomotive outro, Coma outro, SCOM outro, Raw Power outro (GNR, the band with the best outros). A lot of guitar solos and Axl moments like his part after the One In A Million solo for example.

On 12/6/2020 at 3:04 PM, Damn This Jail said:

This might sound weird but the last minute and a half of Prostitute. It slowly fades into this cinematic orchestration. It actually stops me in my tracks and I have to pause and appreciate it. It’s not a sad emotional reaction. It’s more of awe inspiring kind of feeling. A feeling of finality. Kind of reminds me of chapters that end and a book closing forever.

I does leave me with a peaceful feel as well. That all has been said, a,d all will be well - at long last.

• Like 1

Never moved to tears, but Locomotive does elicit the strongest emotion from me.  It brings me to a very specific time in my life.  I loved GNR since 1991, but I never "discovered" Locomotive until the summer of 1998.  I played it constantly that summer.  If I am driving by myself and pop on Locomotive it can bring me back to that summer where I was having a ton of fun and didn't have a care in the world.  

The demo version of There Was a Time also brings me back to a specific period that was actually pretty dark for me.  It's weird that these two songs can do that for me.  I have songs by other bands that do the same thing for me.