Cyberpunk 2077

RussTCB

On 12/8/2020 at 4:46 PM, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Hate to rain on everyone's parade but Polygon and Kotaku say its not very inclusive and offensive. :lol:

I'm actually getting interested in the game now! I hate inclusive videogames, I think they are stupid. Action games should feature the classic 80s action hero, fighting russians or something. 

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Could be an nvidia driver issue and probably is but performance is fucking atrocious, unacceptably bad. 35fps at 1440p Ultra considering I more than exceed recommended specs. If those recommended specs were for 30ps then fuck them lol. Graphics not that great judging from the starting interior area. Off to a bumpy start. Clearly they spent too much time porting it to shitty last gen consoles and fucking stadia.

I've heard that DLSS makes a huge difference to framerate which wasn't an option on the 10 series cards so that might be an issue. NVidia dropped a new game ready driver update just before unlock last night. Have you downloaded it yet? 

I'm also only running in 1080P so that probably makes a big difference too. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Played about 3 hours today on an OG Xbone. Idk why people are trashing the visuals, they look incredible still. I can tell it was designed for better hardware, but so far it's getting the job done. It's very cinematic

Apparently the basic PS4 and XBox One versions are getting a right kicking for looking dreadful visually. Reports of 10-15 FPS during driving and outdoor shooting sections. Are you seeing any of that?

Personally I've seen some of the comparisons visually to the PC and next gen versions and they don't look THAT different.

I mean in the comparison below the top picture obviously isn't as sharp but is it really noticeable when playing?  

XBox One

rmwcmqcqgiidkrwthrss.png

RTX 2070 Super

xypmwbbclwcrzqtm9d1l.jpg 

XBox One

xiulgmmgizdqaos3itre.png 

XBox Series X

sv4pxnltbjuc6cad6hp7.png

Edited by Dazey

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah I got that driver before playing. I'm playing 1440p mostly Low/Medium settings for an unstable 60fps lol. They need to fucking sort out the optimization ASAP. 

Something's wrong with their clusterfuck management. Imagine what a dumpster fire this was before the delays lol.

It's worth noting though 'crunch' where these guys are from isn't that bad it's not like how it is in USA.

Gotta say that this is some proper next gen shit. Probably the first game I've played that I could genuinely say that about. The lighting and ray tracing is fucking something else.

Game is not good on my Xbone :(

On 12/10/2020 at 3:07 AM, Dazey said:

It does look really great. I’m getting about 40-50 FPS with all ray tracing effects turned on and they look incredible. Might be time for a graphics card upgrade. I only played about half an hour though. Stupid UK time zone. 

I spoke too soon. The more I play the more I realize how bad it runs and how dark and blurry it is. Had the first big shootout mission and I genuinely had a terrible time with it

On 12/10/2020 at 1:02 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Played about 3 hours today on an OG Xbone. Idk why people are trashing the visuals, they look incredible still. I can tell it was designed for better hardware, but so far it's getting the job done. It's very cinematic

I'm playing on an Xbox One X and my only complaint so far is that I keep getting kicked out of the game back to the Xbox menu every so often. Not the end of the world, but a pain in the ass. 

Sad to say I'm going to request a refund. I'll definitely play it when I build a PC or get a PS5, but I don't want to experience it on a system they clearly didn't optimize it for. Even with patches, I know I won't get a comparible experience on the Xbone. No worries, I can wait

This game is going down as one of the biggest shit shows in video game industry history. I would say it’s worse than what happened with the release of No Man’s Sky.

The fact CDPR is now telling consumers to seek a refund is crazy. How do you release a game that is so fucked that a week after it’s release it’s essentially getting recalled. All for a game that has been in the works for the better part of a decade. Makes on appreciate how good Rockstar Studios is (not that GTA V and RDR2 didn’t have issues, but nothing like this). I would guess the class action lawsuit is a few weeks or a month away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

This game is going down as one of the biggest shit shows in video game industry history. I would say it’s worse than what happened with the release of No Man’s Sky.

The fact CDPR is now telling consumers to seek a refund is crazy. How do you release a game that is so fucked that a week after it’s release it’s essentially getting recalled. All for a game that has been in the works for the better part of a decade. Makes on appreciate how good Rockstar Studios is (not that GTA V and RDR2 didn’t have issues, but nothing like this). I would guess the class action lawsuit is a few weeks or a month away. 

It's a real shame because other than the occasional framerate drop it's running pretty much flawlessly for me. It's shocking how they could fuck things up so much on last gen consoles.

23 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It's a real shame because other than the occasional framerate drop it's running pretty much flawlessly for me. It's shocking how they could fuck things up so much on last gen consoles.

Especially when you consider that work started on this game even before the Xbox One and PS4 were out.  This was suppose to be a current gen game for a half year before getting an upgrade port to PS5/XSX.

Those in charge should definitely be fired and civil litigation should be filed for false advertising.  I read somewhere that one of the lead developers had made a comment that the game ran "surprisingly well" on current gen (PS4/XO) systems only a few weeks before the official release.  Either he had never actually played the game on a PS4/XO or he was lying through his teeth.

Now people who bought the game either have to wait until February for it to be (hopefully) playable or waste their time fighting to get a refund.  

Obviously there are bigger problems in the world right now, but I've got figure that anyone involved as a lead project manager on this game is going to find a difficult time finding work with this disaster on their resume.  

18 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Modern Vintage Gamer did a pretty informative video regarding the previous comments. 

I love that guy. First discovered him on a really awesome podcast I listen to called The Retro Hour. I'd highly recommend giving the interview and the podcast in general a listen if you're into that kinda thing.

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

I love that guy. First discovered him on a really awesome podcast I listen to called The Retro Hour. I'd highly recommend giving the interview and the podcast in general a listen if you're into that kinda thing.

I'm not super into listening to podcasts but I feel like I could listen to him talk all day so maybe I'll give that a listen! I credit him with making jump into next gen sooner than later with his enthusiasm for the Series S.

16 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I credit him with making jump into next gen sooner than later with his enthusiasm for the Series S.

I've got to listen to that.  At first I thought it was a wise move by Microsoft but after thinking about it more I couldn't figure it out.  Would love to hear your take in a few months or more once you've had more time to put it through its paces.  As an Xbox One X owner who can run games natively in 4K, I was a bit disappointed to hear that the S wouldn't offer 4K and didn't see the need to upgrade.  That said, having an SSD would be nice. 

44 minutes ago, downzy said:

I've got to listen to that.  At first I thought it was a wise move by Microsoft but after thinking about it more I couldn't figure it out.  Would love to hear your take in a few months or more once you've had more time to put it through its paces.  As an Xbox One X owner who can run games natively in 4K, I was a bit disappointed to hear that the S wouldn't offer 4K and didn't see the need to upgrade.  That said, having an SSD would be nice. 

I'll report back once I start running some true next gen games. I can imagine it's probably not a huge jump from the One X but since I needed to replace my OG One anyways this was a logical step. Absolute peak resolution isn't a huge priority for me so getting some next gen capabilities and features at a fraction of the cost was very appealing.

Been playing it on Xbox One X. Not too buggy but I just find the game to be ok. I just don't really care too much about anything to do with the story, at least so far. I'll keep playing it though and hopefully something will jump out at me to get me invested.