Cyberpunk 2077

RussTCB

26 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I bought my son this for xmas. Sounds like he's going to hate it.

He probably already hates me because I decided the new Xbox console was too expensive and he'd have to save up for it over the next few months. :lol:

What Xbox does he have? If he has the original Xbox One, then he may hate it until the big update that's planned for January. 

If he has an Xbox One X, he'll be just fine. Mine copy runs wayyyyyy better now on Xbox One X with the small updates they've already issued. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What Xbox does he have? If he has the original Xbox One, then he may hate it until the big update that's planned for January. 

If he has an Xbox One X, he'll be just fine. Mine copy runs wayyyyyy better now on Xbox One X with the small updates they've already issued. 

The former unfortunately. He wanted the newest console but they are a) super pricy and b) sold out everywhere.

27 minutes ago, alfierose said:

The former unfortunately. He wanted the newest console but they are a) super pricy and b) sold out everywhere.

I'm in the same boat as him with the new one haha. Having said that, the developer of the game has said that several big updates are coming to help with the older consoles. So if he can get by for a few weeks, it should get better. 

• Like 1

I don't see how this game could be what it is supposed to with patches on Xbone and PS4. Even with patches you will have a city with very few NPCs. The big appeal of a game like this is the world emersion. I'd rather wait for PC or a next gen release

I do think the graphics can be jaw dropping, and they got me interested enough for a few hours, but the emptiness and poor performance is too much too ignore. The game is so dark and blurry on Xbone, it is an unpleasant experience

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

The biggest gaming story of the decade so far.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/

What an absolute clusterfuck.

Makes you wonder what Sony and Microsoft were thinking allowing this game to be certified on their systems.  

I don't know how this doesn't bankrupt the studio.  

3 hours ago, downzy said:

What an absolute clusterfuck.

Makes you wonder what Sony and Microsoft were thinking allowing this game to be certified on their systems.  

I don't know how this doesn't bankrupt the studio.  

You've got to wonder how they come back from this. There's no way they can make development costs back on just XSX, PS5 and PC. They basically fucked off their biggest user base market and you have to assume that no matter what they do with the base console version it's never going to be a must buy, especially with the loss of goodwill from this debacle. They basically rushed to make the Christmas sales window and it's backfired spectacularly.

On the other hand I played on PC for a good three hours last night and it was great. :lol:  

6 hours ago, Dazey said:

You've got to wonder how they come back from this. There's no way they can make development costs back on just XSX, PS5 and PC. They basically fucked off their biggest user base market and you have to assume that no matter what they do with the base console version it's never going to be a must buy, especially with the loss of goodwill from this debacle. They basically rushed to make the Christmas sales window and it's backfired spectacularly.

On the other hand I played on PC for a good three hours last night and it was great. :lol:  

The people I feel for are the grunt workers who had no hand in putting the game together.  The illustrators, graphic designers, story editors, etc. It sounds like their work shines and they did a great job if the game is running on a tricked out PC.

I wonder how many if them will have to explain that five year hole in their résumés? 

One can only imagine Keanu’s reaction to the fallout...

image.gif.f5fa6dcba220fee77a2502643b2f7b21.gif

I don't know what's worse - this Cyberpunk debacle, or now the new Call Of Duty has apparently been bricking PS5 consoles.

I'm tempted to say Call Of Duty. $80 to have an online 12 year old tell me they want to do my mom and then the $1200 console I bought from a scalper stops working. :lol:

14 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I don't know what's worse - this Cyberpunk debacle, or now the new Call Of Duty has apparently been bricking PS5 consoles.

I'm tempted to say Call Of Duty. $80 to have an online 12 year old tell me they want to do my mom and then the $1200 console I bought from a scalper stops working. :lol:

I'd go with Cyperpunk.  It's been reported that those who have had bricked PS5s were able to get new consoles from Sony.  I would assume this is a quick fix that should be resolved in the next couple of days.

Cyberpunk was a near decade long development with hundreds of millions of dollars in sunken development costs. It will ruin careers, years of litigation likely, and could potentially shut down a major studio.

12 year olds being assholes is a constant in online gaming and why I largely stick to single player :) 

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I'd go with Cyperpunk.  It's been reported that those who have had bricked PS5s were able to get new consoles from Sony.  I would assume this is a quick fix that should be resolved in the next couple of days.

Cyberpunk was a near decade long development with hundreds of millions of dollars in sunken development costs. It will ruin careers, years of litigation likely, and could potentially shut down a major studio.

12 year olds being assholes is a constant in online gaming and why I largely stick to single player :) 

While I don't disagree with anything you said, I should note that my post was mostly in jest. I take any opportunity I can to take a jab at Call Of Duty.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, James Bond said:

While I don't disagree with anything you said, I should note that my post was mostly in jest. I take any opportunity I can to take a jab at Call Of Duty.

Looking back at it I see your angle.  Sorry about that.  Tough to pick up sarcasm on forum board some times.  

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Looking back at it I see your angle.  Sorry about that.  Tough to pick up sarcasm on forum board some times.  

All good! I didn't want you to think that I actually thought that Cyberpunk's disaster was even remotely comparable. :lol:

Edited by James Bond

@Oldest Goat I've got the receipt so if he looks unimpressed when he gets it I'll return it and get him something different or some Xbox credits.

I'm not 100% it's his sort of game even if it was working well. His favourite is Halo followed by Assassins Creed. I'm not sure what else he already has though. I just knew he didn't have this one because it's newly out.

I ended up buying him an Xbox One X which he won't be expecting so I'm sure it will sweeten the blow if CP2077 isn't his thing. It's a refurb from CEX (they were offering 24 months warranty on all 2nd hand) because you can't buy them new anywhere now except Ebay for a huge mark up. Not quite a good as the X Series but he can save up for that if he's really bothered.

24 minutes ago, alfierose said:

@Oldest Goat I've got the receipt so if he looks unimpressed when he gets it I'll return it and get him something different or some Xbox credits.

I'm not 100% it's his sort of game even if it was working well. His favourite is Halo followed by Assassins Creed. I'm not sure what else he already has though. I just knew he didn't have this one because it's newly out.

I ended up buying him an Xbox One X which he won't be expecting so I'm sure it will sweeten the blow if CP2077 isn't his thing. It's a refurb from CEX (they were offering 24 months warranty on all 2nd hand) because you can't buy them new anywhere now except Ebay for a huge mark up. Not quite a good as the X Series but he can save up for that if he's really bothered.

Cyberpunk worked just fine on my Xbox One X, so he should be fine with the functionality of it :)

• Like 1

Roughly 30 hours in and I'd not noticed any technical issues other than the occasional frame rate drop until earlier today. Nothing game breaking but a couple of absolutely hilarious ones. First instance was where my character was parked up in a car and I'd just put the controller down while I was checking my phone or something. An NPC just started attacking me out of the blue before a random explosion from the back of the car sent him flying about 100 feet into the air never to be seen again. The other I was driving through the city and suddenly out of nowhere the car I was in was catapulted high into the air and ended up on top of a random warehouse building for no apparent reason at all. :lol: 

• Haha 1