The GnR movie

Who should play the Rocketman?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

There's not going to be a GnR movie, none of them are going to sign off on it.

True.

Unless they can’t tour anymore to make millions each year. They really don’t give a fuck about Axls voice. I bet there’s a number that could override their better judgement if a film were their meal ticket?

Also, I’m sure Axl didn’t sign off on White Trash Wins Lotto (the theatrical stage production mocking Axl in the 90s). Could there be a film that is clearly about Guns, without stating as much? Like how the film The Rockstar was based on Judas Priest (or was it Maiden?) ?

8 minutes ago, soon said:

True.

Unless they can’t tour anymore to make millions each year. They really don’t give a fuck about Axls voice. I bet there’s a number that could override their better judgement if a film were their meal ticket?

Also, I’m sure Axl didn’t sign off on White Trash Wins Lotto (the theatrical stage production mocking Axl in the 90s). Could there be a film that is clearly about Guns, without stating as much? Like how the film The Rockstar was based on Judas Priest (or was it Maiden?) ?

Yeah it was Judas Priest. And yeah technically someone can do an unauthorized movie and change it just enough to the point where they can get away with it legally. Only problem is that they would also have to write music for it cause they wouldn’t be able to use GnR songs lol. Either way, it’s a stupid idea and hopefully it never happens. I used to like the idea of a movie, but now I think it’d be the worst thing ever.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soon said:

That’s the best thing I’ve ever seen :lol: What is that?!

Jodie, a woman in her mid-thirties, struggles with the pressure to find a partner and have children. When she attends a Guns N' Roses concert, she thinks she may have met a potential suitor-- until he ghosts on her.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8850036/

• GNFNR 1

How about this cast:

Melissa - Sarah Michelle Geller

Duff - Mark Wahlberg

Slash - Slash (or Whoppie Goldberg)

Dizzy - mysteriously left out of movie 

Frank - Ice Cube 

Richard - Adrien Brody (obviously)

Axl - Mickey Rourke 

Beta - Barbara Streisand

Would this casting capture the magic of the Strip?

PS! Cher as Stephanie Seymour

Edited by tbaugerud
  • Haha 2

I guess I’m the minority here, but I’d be up for a “dirt” style movie of Guns. The dirt wasn’t entirely accurate, but it was very entertaining. At least I thought so. I feel like these recent rock n roll movies are equivalent to the guitar hero games from 10-12 years ago. It’s kinda introducing these classic songs to kids in a way that seems cool, at least to them. Also the way they are released has a lot to do with it as well. The dirt was far more popular than bohemian rhapsody with the under 30 demographic I think mainly because it was in Netflix. Whether purists would like it or not, I think a GNR movie would be incredibly successful and would help bring them a younger audience. Who knows, a younger fan base might inspire them to release some new music. Lol ok, I was obviously kidding on that last part 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, tbaugerud said:

How about this cast:

Melissa - Sarah Michelle Geller

Duff - Mark Wahlberg

Slash - Slash (or Whoppie Goldberg)

Dizzy - mysteriously left out of movie 

Frank - Ice Cube 

Richard - Adrien Brody (obviously)

Axl - Mickey Rourke 

Beta - Barbara Streisand

Would this casting capture the magic of the Strip?

PS! Cher as Stephanie Seymour

Richard should be played by Izzy Stradlin 

• Like 1

For Axl... Tom Cruise? (Yes, really. In that otherwise crap film 'Rock of Ages', he actually did a reasonable impression of Axl's offstage demeanour).

For Melissa - Lady Gaga (or if she isn't available - any blue haired hipster off if Instagram will do).

For Frank - Flo Rida (that party rapper who was famous a decade ago)

For Izzy - Richie Edwards (ex Manic Street Preacher. Although he has been missing for about 25 years)

For Richard - Izzy Stradlin'.

For Slash - Dawn French (yes, really. She did a good Slash impression for a parody of the November Rain video).

For Steve Adler - Paris Hilton

For Gilby Clarke - Joe Perry

For Duff -  Can't top the earlier suggestion of Jane Lynch

If we are doing a VMA scene -

For Kurt Cobain - Cole Beasely

For Elton John - Taron Egerton (after he did such a good job in Rocketman).

And if we are hiring an Elton, we might as well do a scene for the Freddie Mercury Tribute too:

For Brian May - Slash

For Joe Elliott - Duff

For Robert Plant - Matt Sorum

For James Hetfield - one of the extras from the Lion King Broadway show.

Edited by Sausagebrain
  • Thanks 1