Saskatoon 93

10 hours ago, soon said:

Polite Canadians. And Saskatoon is in the prairies. Very hard working and calm folk.

"Eh bud, can ya git me a second beer?"

"Brother Dale, those fields wont tend themselves, eh - we ride at dawn, bud."

"Right you are, Darrel, right you are. Maybe turn in early then bud?"

*Just saw an above post as I write. Sounds right - I called the no beer! :lol:

I read that in a canadian accent that keeps on turning irish :lol:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Unpopular opinion but I was never fond of those acoustic slots in the show. 

They did slow the show down but it added more feel to the Skin N Bones leg which gained its name from the stripped out production. The stages were smaller (all be it slightly) backup singers had gone along with horn section. But that being said, Paris 93 is one of the strongest performances from that leg. They nearly rip the roof off in Jungle for example

23 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nice Boys doesn't get enough love!!!!

When I was younger I was a bit ‘meh’ but over the years have grown to really appreciate how much it kicks ass.....and it’s one of the few songs where it’s consistently good regardless of ‘era’.

Seems they only played it once in the NITL tour which is mental - Angry Anderson co-vocals. Pretty cool.

Edited by DTJ80

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

When I was younger I was a bit ‘meh’ but over the years have grown to really appreciate how much it kicks ass.....and it’s one of the few songs where it’s consistently good regardless of ‘era’.

Seems they only played it once in the NITL tour which is mental - Angry Anderson co-vocals. Pretty cool.

And Frank kind of ruined it at that performance imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackparker123 said:

I seriously need to get my hands on this gig by the sounds of it.

Dude, it’s one of the best, awesomest, most essential bootlegs out there, both in terms of the video quality and the fact that it’s still the old era and a year from which we otherwise only have Argentina, if we’re talking full gigs and pro-shots only. 
The energy, the playlist, all the various small details… simply, it’s a must. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Dude, it’s one of the best, awesomest, most essential bootlegs out there, both in terms of the video quality and the fact that it’s still the old era and a year from which we otherwise only have Argentina, if we’re talking full gigs and pro-shots only. 
The energy, the playlist, all the various small details… simply, it’s a must. 

The ONLY negative is no Rocket Queen.....they weren’t playing it at the time. Gutted!

On 12/13/2020 at 6:49 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

The acoustic set in the middle of the show is great, it would be cool if they brought that back whenever they tour again (even if they did it like the Stones, where just Axl, Slash and Duff move to a "b-stage" to play 2 or 3 acoustic songs).

Not every night, but here and there it would be cool! And there's no way you can do it without Frank and the bongo man😄 sure the whole crew would be playing... but Slash, Duff and Axl out on their own would be cooler! 

It is a bit of a drag for a gig when they do that stuff mid way through. In my opinion something like that is the encore before the final encore.