What song should Guns close with?

I think they should keep playing the big three songs from AFD, and keep closing with Paradise, but the rest of the setlist should be restructured to be mostly low-register songs. Even November Rain should go away. Waste of a piano at this point...

Edited by rocknroll41

Metallica used to always close with Seek and Destroy, they've since changed it out to a middle of the set song. Paradise city as a closer has been done to death! It can at least be taken out for a tour, and placed early on. What I like about it is, that nobody knows what's going to happen once you hear that song in the first half of the set! He's either about to throw the mic early or you're getting a radically different set. It's not different for the sake of different either! 

Nightrain would be a great closer, November rain sang well would also be a great closer in a totally different way to Paradise or Nightrain, all great long outro solos. 

Paradise City pretty much has to be the closer. The finale of it would feel odd mid set (despite it appearing midway on Appetite). I remember there was a new Guns show where they swapped Nightrain and Paradise so that Paradise closed the main set. That seemed to work okay. But still, best left as the closer. Ends the show on a high.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Paradise City pretty much has to be the closer. The finale of it would feel odd mid set (despite it appearing midway on Appetite). I remember there was a new Guns show where they swapped Nightrain and Paradise so that Paradise closed the main set. That seemed to work okay. But still, best left as the closer. Ends the show on a high.

I agree

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

It was Saskatoon 2010. Sebastian Bach, Nick Sterling and Danko Jones joined for Nightrain.

Either close with Paradise City or a new song.

4 hours ago, foreverguns said:

At ritz 91 paradise city was played I think the 6 or 7th song or let's say in the middle of the set, 14 years with the extended solo could be a nice surprise if they will close with that 

Oh, didn't know that. Just Googled the setlist, apparently they ended with jungle. Not the best choice IMO, but pretty cool. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/1991/the-ritz-new-york-ny-7bd57ad8.html