2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Not many to be honest I was really young my Uncle took me I remember having tickets for 2 nights didn't one get cancelled? 

i remember Rhiad being played and Buckethead throwing a tub of celebrations out to the crowd.

There was originally a tour that got cancelled at least twice (rumours were that Axl had a hair problem (!!) and then didn't know the dates had even been announced) which had two dates at the Docklands as part of it. 

Then after a while and after the second refund they just announced one Docklands show....which suggests to me they were struggling to sell tickets. I remember messing about for ages with various tickets, sending them back in the post etc! 

Out of interest (weird question I know....) your uncle isn't Scottish is he? Reason I asknis that I got talking with someone there! Would be a strange coincidence if so! 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've met the entire 2009-2014 lineup, most multiple times. Various situations, some at aftershow parties, some by chance, some at solo shows. I agree with the sentiments that it's not super likely to

Now I think about it, I also shortly met frank on the streets of paris. The person I was walking around with chitchatted a bit with him but I didn't really know what to say to him and probably didn't

I have a funny story! In 1992 GNR came to Brazil and those were the worst shows the band perfomed during the UYI tour, I was 13 (diehard fan as I could be at that time), but the band wasn't havin

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

There was originally a tour that got cancelled at least twice (rumours were that Axl had a hair problem (!!) and then didn't know the dates had even been announced) which had two dates at the Docklands as part of it. 

Then after a while and after the second refund they just announced one Docklands show....which suggests to me they were struggling to sell tickets. I remember messing about for ages with various tickets, sending them back in the post etc! 

Out of interest (weird question I know....) your uncle isn't Scottish is he? Reason I asknis that I got talking with someone there! Would be a strange coincidence if so! 

No wouldn't have been us we are London lads i would have been 14.

we got backstage as we know people close to guns Inner circle so to speak got to say Hi to Axl and shook his hand that night.

the 2006 show where Axl walked off during night train and Bach ran on with a load of midgits was strange they had done a show in Scotland the night before and Axl arrived in a helicopter borrowed from Michael Owen.

one of the sound engineers told us Axl left during nighttrain as he had a major hangover and had to go puke lol!

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

No wouldn't have been us we are London lads i would have been 14.

we got backstage as we know people close to guns Inner circle so to speak got to say Hi to Axl and shook his hand that night.

the 2006 show where Axl walked off during night train and Bach ran on with a load of midgits was strange they had done a show in Scotland the night before and Axl arrived in a helicopter borrowed from Michael Owen.

one of the sound engineers told us Axl left during nighttrain as he had a major hangover and had to go puke lol!

Sounds good! Can I ask who you know? (Just being nosy there!) 

I have very fond memories of those shows. The mystique seemed so massive, which was added to by the internet not really being so used. Seemed so exciting. 

28 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Sounds good! Can I ask who you know? (Just being nosy there!) 

I have very fond memories of those shows. The mystique seemed so massive, which was added to by the internet not really being so used. Seemed so exciting. 

A friend of my family is a musician who is very close friends with Fortus once auditioned for the band was offerd the job but actually turned it down for family reasons but stayed closed to the band and crew.

But following on they have snagged me free tickets and backstage passes he is the dude who got me into GNR.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

A friend of my family is a musician who is very close friends with Fortus once auditioned for the band was offerd the job but actually turned it down for family reasons but stayed closed to the band and crew.

But following on they have snagged me free tickets and backstage passes he is the dude who got me into GNR.

Great! 

Sounds like a good friend to have! 

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Probably depends what day they fly in to melbourne from the gig before and how much time they have until soundcheck. Slash is a big animal lover, everytime GNR have toured or SMKC tour, they do the touristy stuff like visiting the zoo. GNR did that in 93 , i think 07, not sure about other tours.

I doubt they would be hitting clubs or anything after. They certainly did when they toured here in 93.  I would think cherry bar will have an after party that evening after the melbourne show if you have been there before.

Is it likely the band would go to cherry bar after the show? I might pop in there then, i live in Tassie so never seen cherry bar unfortunately but more than welcome to experience it

8 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing though. If for instance you hung about, then one of them was rude or the experience was a bit shit....then would that spoil your enjoyment of the band? 

I'm of the 'if it happens, it happens' camp. I've met people I'm a big fan of, and will always say hello to them if I feel I'm not intruding, but it's almost more fun to just let it happen by chance rather than putting yourself through the hassle (and potential embarasment) of hanging around for ages. 

Essentially though I'm a grown man- I can't really be hanging around hotels and stage doors like an over-infautuated teenager and not feel a bit like a damn fool! 

I feel ya man. Im lucky im only gonna be 21 so i can stand waiting around and stuff just to meet Axl hes literally my idol but just finding it so hard to figure the chances of doing so and how i can do it

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Dude you HAVE to fish for some info about the new record! 😁

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Did he audition during the Chinese era?

Pretty cool story, thanks for sharing!

17 hours ago, Route66 said:

I've met them all and pleased to call some long distance friends. No Names. 

I'll focus on Axl. He is amazing, very funny, lots of stories, loves a few beers.. inspiring others even just with his demeanor. It's clear that he leads this band and staff. Overall nice dude and the bad press he gets is absolute shite.

Slash was high. Still cool. We talked guitars. Also talked guitars and amps with Fortus who is a very nice dude.

Duff is a leader. Cool AF and in control of his shit. 

I could talk about other members but can't be arsed at the moment. Ping me questions if you want to.. Del is fucking really awesome as well!

That’s cool - particularly the Del comment seeing as he is pretty much universally disliked within the GNR community. I only found out recently that he has loads of writing credits with Testament!

Ill be that guy to ask THAT question....if you have ‘a line’ to the camp.....have you heard anything positive re new material....?

18 hours ago, Route66 said:

I've met them all and pleased to call some long distance friends. No Names. 

I'll focus on Axl. He is amazing, very funny, lots of stories, loves a few beers.. inspiring others even just with his demeanor. It's clear that he leads this band and staff. Overall nice dude and the bad press he gets is absolute shite.

Slash was high. Still cool. We talked guitars. Also talked guitars and amps with Fortus who is a very nice dude.

Duff is a leader. Cool AF and in control of his shit. 

I could talk about other members but can't be arsed at the moment. Ping me questions if you want to.. Del is fucking really awesome as well!

was the Slash meeting recently or back in the day.  thought he was sober now?

22 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

Slash is sober, he doesn't even smoke anymore... unless he's relapsed which is possible? More than likely that interaction was VR days.

4 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

It was 2008. He stated back then he was sober but he definitely was not.

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

That’s cool - particularly the Del comment seeing as he is pretty much universally disliked within the GNR community. I only found out recently that he has loads of writing credits with Testament!

Ill be that guy to ask THAT question....if you have ‘a line’ to the camp.....have you heard anything positive re new material....?

I can't really comment on that :) except to say the "camp" is full of wonderful people. 

2 hours ago, Route66 said:

It was 2008. He stated back then he was sober but he definitely was not.

I can't really comment on that :) except to say the "camp" is full of wonderful people. 

I will ask what is the cameraderie like between main 2?. 

Minneapolis show 2-3 years ago- Frank came out into the Pit to watch the opening band Def Tones.  He was awesome guy.  Had a quick chat, told him to have a great show, shook hands and his security guy walked him backstage as DT was just finishing.   Still say he has no business playing the GnR songs but really nice guy.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Dean said:

I just had a quick google and I’m not seeing anything that claims he is back drinking wine, but I’m positive I’ve read that somewhere. 

I remember reading about that as well. It was years ago. Slash said in an interview he thought he could drink wine with dinner or some shit and that he'd be fine, but it led to other things. As far as I know Slash has been clean for a long time now.

Edited by Rovim

i met Richard and Franck in Dublin.

I met Axl in Geneva, but for 5 seconds, the time for him to answer me NO when i asked for a pic...

but i was very lucky to get into Axl property in Malibu but he wasn't there. It was legaly of course! A wonderful remember for a french fan...