Meeting Axl

Met Slash after a Conspirators gig in 2012. Got his autograph but no pictures. He had a rather large bouncer wit him that kept the line flowing. Slash was smaller than I expected, I’m not tall but I was a good head taller than him. It was a brief exchange but one I’ll value. GnR and other bands were my entire life when I was a kid, music kept me alive and was an escape from real life back in the 80s. To be able to look Slash in the eye and say thanks for the music you created and shake his hand was a cool experience. 

• Like 4

i met Frank back in 2014 here in my city bs as, was outside the hotel faena were the band was stayed, he was super friendly and chat with all of us IN SPANISH amazing guy, pitman enter the hotel hiding from the fans lol nobody was looking for him anyway such a clown, we wait for axl but he never appear till the very next minute after the show and i was already in "ferro" stadium , one guy tried to sneak into the hotel to meet the band and the security took him away poor dude, i remember asking frank how was too meet axl back in the days and he explaing to me that was WILD 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

i met Frank back in 2014 here in my city bs as, was outside the hotel faena were the band was stayed, he was super friendly and chat with all of us IN SPANISH amazing guy, pitman enter the hotel hiding from the fans lol nobody was looking for him anyway such a clown, we wait for axl but he never appear till the very next minute after the show and i was already in "ferro" stadium , one guy tried to sneak into the hotel to meet the band and the security took him away poor dude, i remember asking frank how was too meet axl back in the days and he explaing to me that was WILD 

Frank is the most normal person in the band. I actually bumped into him taking NJ Transit into New York City in late 2018 or early 2019. I don't think anyone else in Penn Station even knew who he was, and I didn't want to bug him, but he was just walking through the train station with a backpack, no doubt on his way to a gig while I was heading home from work.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Frank is the most normal person in the band. I actually bumped into him taking NJ Transit into New York City in late 2018 or early 2019. I don't think anyone else in Penn Station even knew who he was, and I didn't want to bug him, but he was just walking through the train station with a backpack, no doubt on his way to a gig while I was heading home from work.

Yeah, I met him outside of The Apollo and he was extremely cool with everyone. Take note, Fernando. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2022 at 8:44 PM, Powderfinger said:

Met Slash after a Conspirators gig in 2012. Got his autograph but no pictures. He had a rather large bouncer wit him that kept the line flowing. Slash was smaller than I expected, I’m not tall but I was a good head taller than him. It was a brief exchange but one I’ll value. GnR and other bands were my entire life when I was a kid, music kept me alive and was an escape from real life back in the 80s. To be able to look Slash in the eye and say thanks for the music you created and shake his hand was a cool experience. 

Heeey that was exactly my story with Slash too. I was almost spechless btw.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

That's on my bucket list, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

My brother met Steven years ago when he was in one of his own bands, but he was messed up then.

My father met DJ Ashba when he was in Six AM.

I'm hoping my brother will meet Axl one day since he's in a band and travels alot.

Anyone that has met Axl I'm very jealous ofyou.

On 4/13/2024 at 9:16 AM, El Guapo said:

And don't forget to put on your dolphin costume! 

If I was going to go to his house and ring his doorbell it wouldn’t be with a dolphin costume on.  It would be with nothing on except thigh high leather boots and a trench coat. lol 

23 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Add him as a friend on Facebook and ask him what he's up to at the weekend.

Ya as if

On 12/21/2020 at 2:21 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Now I think about it, I also shortly met frank on the streets of paris. The person I was walking around with chitchatted a bit with him but I didn't really know what to say to him and probably didn't care too much. He was there with his daughter and seemed like a sweet fellow. Probably too nice for a rock band like that.

Met fernando quickly in Vegas 2016. Very uninspiring conversation. Never cared for him too much but grown to hate him the last cpl years for his behaviour.

One of my greatest experience came from meeting beta though. Me and a bunch of other nerds were waiting for Axl in the hotel in Vegas 2016. I flew in from Europe for the show - only had tickets for the opening night. Anyway me and the person I was with stated chatting with beta, who seemed to be pretty nice (unlike her son). We told her that we didn't have a ticket for the 2nd show and if there was a way she could get us in. She started typing something into her phone and then told us to go to the ticket counter and that the tickets would be there waiting for us under her name. If that wasn't even cool as shit - after we went back to the ticket counter, we said we had tickets from beta waiting for us and the person came back with an envelope (at that point I was already freaking out mentally). After we opened it we saw that these were VIP tickets. 

So we went into the venue and had a spot at the upper left balcony next to the stage. There was a guy opening and closing the door behind us, we had our own bar and hot groupies in the suite. At one point sebastian bach was even in that suite, few minutes later he was on stage singing my Michelle. I also saw jimmy webb there. Didn't know who he was but I knew I saw pictures with him and the band prior to the show. Anyway, I wanted to get backstage but couldn't without someone who had a backstage pass. While the crew etc were cleaning up the venue after the show, I just went backstage. Saw beta and thanked her for the tickets. Saw richard talking some boring stuff about nyc to some guy. Then the stage security guy approached me and asked me what I was doing here. I just stood there and pointed to my gnr badge that said "beta". He asked me to please go to the Aftershow party. Unfortunately nobody from the band was there. Just some wanna be people and jarmo.left the party after maybe 15 mins to get back to the hotel to get my flight back to europe. Was an epic experience for which I will always grateful to beta and hold her somewhat in high regards..unlike her son.

Wow bitchin!