Songs We’ll Never Hear Live

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea they did. He sounded a lot better on Pretty Tied Up imo. It's only a short clip, but the chorus sounded a lot better than I expected...

Verse https://streamable.com/n3to5o

Chorus https://streamable.com/injkw0

Where the hell is that singer when the paying audience is actually there??? 🤣🤣🤣 That sounds great! 10 seconds I know, but you can usually tell if he's on or not after that length!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea they did. He sounded a lot better on Pretty Tied Up imo. It's only a short clip, but the chorus sounded a lot better than I expected...

Verse https://streamable.com/n3to5o

Chorus https://streamable.com/injkw0

I must say they are playing this faster than the album version, and to my ears faster than  the tokyo 92 shows.

11 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yep they play it fast where axl starts to struggle by singing faster, rather than the normal pace where he doesnt struggle for breath.

Yea, but at least with Pretty Tied Up the verses are still in his natural range and he sounds fine with the faster tempo. The backing vocals in the chorus will probably help him out. I think it will probably be one of the better songs from the NITL lineup, but I'm basing that off 20~ seconds of soundcheck snippets so I could be wrong lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mystery said:

I could see a rearranged or slower version of Don't Damn Me. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like a significant song for them to play. Locomotive is a cool song and almost a title track. Dead Horse at least had a video made for it. 

Breakdown would be cool to see. It's the last epic from those albums and hasn't been played since 91. 

I'll give the band credit. It's not new stuff but they've seemed to slowly been digging into their catalog. So Fine was played at the Mexico concert for the first time since 93. It's not an Axl led song but I think he's been slowly warming up to performing songs from that era.

Plus Breakdown was only played twice - Worcester and MSG NY. 

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Hardschool? Have you heard the entire soundcheck performance? I don't know if anybody outside of people in the  venue have heard that... if you have and you don't like it cool. If you are basing your opinion on 20seconds of Hardschool filmed with a phone that is barely capturing the audio I have no idea what you're smoking, but stop. 

If Hardschool remains in the same arrangement to the early 00s version, I don't want to hear it. That's hearing a full song, so I'm comfortable writing that off.

Yeah well, I'm basing it on that snippet and the vocal level the verses are on plus Axl's 2019/20 phase... and the result isn't that great. Obviously, I'm not saying I wouldn't ever wanna hear the thing live, but should they introduce it for the first time, it needs to be fucking good. 2016 good. 

10 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

What makes you think that Axl couldn't handle Reckless Life? It's a fast paced song that's mostly screaming, much like Shadow of Your Love and Nice Boys. Both of which fit Axl's current voice pretty well.

Well, it's just my opinion, but if we're talking maintaining the same level as was on the record, then there are some parts in the chorus that are very strong and remind me of what he did in Thunderstruck. That's a 2016 material. 

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

don't damn me

Back off Bitch

Shotgun Blues

Dead Horse

One in  a million

Mama Kin  don't care anyway

Prostitute

Right next door to hell

Garden of Eden

Prostitute and Dead Horse were played during NITL, so they may get out there again. However, they need to rehearse DH properly - the first few performances were not too impressive, to say the least...

57 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Prostitute and Dead Horse were played during NITL, so they may get out there again. However, they need to rehearse DH properly - the first few performances were not too impressive, to say the least...

Dismal. They sounded like they were playing the song on the fly.

Either slash was strumming the intro to fast which causes axl to speed up and hey lose that certain key on when to kick in after the spoken word stuff. They just to slow it down, and rehearse it a few times.

Edited by Sydney Fan

51 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Dismal. They sounded like they were playing the song on the fly.

Either slash was strumming the intro to fast which causes axl to speed up and hey lose that certain key on when to kick in after the spoken word stuff. They just to slow it down, and rehearse it a few times.

Yeah, to me, it sounded as if they hadn't rehearsed it at all and just winged it by heart as they remembered it from the 90s... 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

They did Mama Kin in 2012. 

We're probably never gonna hear The General. Which might be for the best. It could never live up to the hype we've given it. 

Which was, to a large extent, the case of the entire Chinese Democracy record, wasn't it... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nesret said:

Where does all that hype about "The General" even come from? I only know the cellphone-recording and the Evaders Mix. What is so special about it, I never understood that.

the hype comes from everything that came before those leaks ... the song was mentioned a number of times by number of people (especially Sebastion Bach, who has a great talent in exaggerating) during the CD era age, which created quite an anticipation

EDIT: For example this quote:
"One of my favorite songs — I asked Axl if I could mention the song titles and he said “Fine” — and one of my favorite songs is this song called “The General”, which is so… it’s by far the heaviest metal tune I think I’ve ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, piercing vocals, screaming vocals. I was like, “When is this coming out?” And he said “2012” I was like, “Dude, you’re killin’ me!” He goes, “Well, this comes out on the third record. It relates to this song, it’s a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically.” He’s got it all figured out, he’s just different than other people. He does things on his own time, in his own way, but you know…the world’s not prepared for what I’ve heard from this guy." - Sebastian Bach, 2007, Metal Edge interview

Edited by sakuL_

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yeah well, I'm basing it on that snippet and the vocal level the verses are on plus Axl's 2019/20 phase... and the result isn't that great. Obviously, I'm not saying I wouldn't ever wanna hear the thing live, but should they introduce it for the first time, it needs to be fucking good. 2016 good. 

It's a take what you can get situation😄 Which isn't ideal! But judging from how he sounded on that Pretty tied up clip, the old boy still has a bit of a voice left! 

7 hours ago, Nesret said:

Where does all that hype about "The General" even come from? I only know the cellphone-recording and the Evaders Mix. What is so special about it, I never understood that.

I honestly haven'y a clue either! There's people here that include on lists of 'Dream set-lists' or 'Favourite GNR songs'... I mean! come on! But we are bunch of nut-cases so it's to be expected!