GnR Christmas song

It's Christmas time  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess @EvanG 's point with the example of the Nirvana forums is that in the case of a band with past history, the topics of discussion don't have to be about the present , so there doesn't have to be news in order to find interesting things to talk about.

Speaking about myself, although of course I'd like it if there was current activity worth talking about, I'm more interested in discussing little known facts in the history of the band (yes, there are such) or a little known old interview than speculating on whether there'll be new music.

True...but there's no doubt that people are struggling to find things to talk about these days, so I can't really blame a few posters for starting some threads that are a bit light hearted! 

Room for both in my view! I think everyone who posts here wishes there was something interesting in the present or future to discuss though. In the absence of those things I do feel it's impressive/dedicated/remarkable that people continue to visit the forums. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ant said:

would a GNR cookbook be worse than Fernando's other ventures?

i think it'd be better

you've already done several entries...

Nightrain braised lamb shanks? Axl likes his pre-show lamb.

Mr Browniestone's old-fashioned recipe (don't serve these at thanksgiving!)

It's So Over-Easy breakfast hash.

Sorum's Secret to a moist turkey -- You Could Be Brined. 

It writes itself.

Double Taco Jive

Pizza Crime

Pretty Fry Up

Gravy was Aidens 

Chinese Stew

• Like 3

10 hours ago, allwaystired said:

No, I get it. Totally. 

But the reason why most threads are jokes, people messing about, endless speculation or light-hearted fantasy? 

Because that's all there is to talk about. People are pretty stumped for things to discuss! Mainly because the band do very little at the best of times.....and have done nothing for nearly a year! 

Please feel free to start some more threads though if you can think of anything! It's pretty clear we need things to discuss. 

Wrong. Just because there are some 'silly' thread topics going on (although that is subjective too of course) doesn't mean there isn't anything to discuss. There will always be threads created that not everyone cares about, regardless of how active the band is. You can find interesting threads on here about the history, songs, old interviews that reveal something we didn't know, bootlegs, and the list goes on. Same goes for the Nirvana forums, because that's all that community has for the most part. Maybe these topics aren't interesting to you and that's okay, but let's face it... a lot of your posts consists of making jokes about the band and being negative anyway. Perhaps stop coming here then if this place is so boring, hm? 

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Wrong. Just because there are some 'silly' thread topics going on (although that is subjective too of course) doesn't mean there isn't anything to discuss. There will always be threads created that not everyone cares about, regardless of how active the band is. You can find interesting threads on here about the history, songs, old interviews that reveal something we didn't know, bootlegs, and the list goes on. Same goes for the Nirvana forums, because that's all that community has for the most part. Maybe these topics aren't interesting to you and that's okay, but let's face it... a lot of your posts consists of making jokes about the band and being negative anyway. Perhaps stop coming here then if this place is so boring, hm? 

Oh....here we go again. 

The old 'people should stop posting here' routine. 

You went on at me about this last week- change the damn record, or have a go at someone else. Most people here now are light-hearted about GNR. Perhaps moan on at one of them instead? Pick a new target. 

You know what the most boring thing about this board is? You telling others not to post, or trying to enforce rules on what their opinion is.  

Go fight a different crusade. Or, as I say, find another user to accuse of being 'negative', because it really is rather tiresome. As I pointed out the last time you went down this route....I'm really not that negative about the band. Which makes me think this is somewhat of a personal vendetta.....so here's an idea? Block me. And block anyone else who you think is 'negative' or makes jokes. 

Edited by allwaystired

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Oh....here we go again. 

The old 'people should stop posting here' routine. 

You went on at me about this last week- change the damn record, or have a go at someone else. Most people here now are light-hearted about GNR. Perhaps moan on at one of them instead? Pick a new target. 

You know what the most boring thing about this board is? You telling others not to post, or trying to enforce rules on what their opinion is.  

Go fight a different crusade. Or, as I say, find another user to accuse of being 'negative', because it really is rather tiresome. As I pointed out the last time you went down this route....I'm really not that negative about the band. Which makes me think this is somewhat of a personal vendetta.....so here's an idea? Block me. And block anyone else who you think is 'negative' or makes jokes. 

Jeez, you're sensitive.

What routine? What crusade? You are not making a lot of sense.

I react to what I read, if you can't handle that, stop using message boards, because that is kinda how they work. If you're talking nonsense, you can expect someone to call you out on it. No need to get upset about it.

I think you are arrogant for calling other posters' thread topics ''jokes'', just because you don't care about it. The solution is simple and I'll say it again, stop coming here, go find something to do that isn't a joke and something you can be positive about.

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Jeez, you're sensitive.

What routine? What crusade? You are not making a lot of sense.

I react to what I read, if you can't handle that, stop using message boards, because that is kinda how they work. If you're talking nonsense, you can expect someone to call you out on it. No need to get upset about it.

I think you are arrogant for calling other posters' thread topics ''jokes'', just because you don't care about it. The solution is simple and I'll say it again, stop coming here, go find something to do that isn't a joke and something you can be positive about.

Yeah...total arrogance in calling a thread about GNR doing a joke Christmas song a 'joke'. Clearly it was meant to be taken deadly seriously! As are the numerous other attempts from various users to start topics that aren't deathly serious. 

Once again....what makes you think you are in a position to tell people they can't post on forums? And why the repeated targeted of me and no-one else? 

Feel free to block me. But for the love of God drop the 'you shouldn't be here' line, because like it or not.....I'm not going anywhere. Nor is anyone else on your say so. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah...total arrogance in calling a thread about GNR doing a joke Christmas song a 'joke'. Clearly it was meant to be taken deadly seriously! As are the numerous other attempts from various users to start topics that aren't deathly serious. 

Once again....what makes you think you are in a position to tell people they can't post on forums? And why the repeated targeted of me and no-one else? 

Feel free to block me. But for the love of God drop the 'you shouldn't be here' line, because like it or not.....I'm not going anywhere. Nor is anyone else on your say so. 

Look, you're nothing special, I'm not singling you out, if you really think that. In fact, I believe this is the second time that I ever reacted to your posts.

And I'm not a moderator, I'm not telling you that you can't post here. But I notice that most of your posts are either jokes about the band or cynical comments. And you have that right, but I just wonder why the fuck you are wasting your time on a band you clearly don't give a shit about. Maybe I'm wired very differently, I just don't understand the point.

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Look, you're nothing special, I'm not singling you out, if you really think that. In fact, I believe this is the second time that I ever reacted to your posts.

And I'm not a moderator, I'm not telling you that you can't post here. But I notice that most of your posts are either jokes about the band or cynical comments. And you have that right, but I just wonder why the fuck you are wasting your time on a band you clearly don't give a shit about. Maybe I'm wired very differently, I just don't understand the point.

Well there we go then. Two times telling me not to post here. Time to move on to trying it on someone else clearly. 

Thanks for the advice. I'll continue as I am, so no need to offer it a third time. 

Good luck with the other posters on this forum! There's a few contenders on this thread alone that are doubtless strong contenders for your wise words. 

• Like 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

Well there we go then. Two times telling me not to post here. Time to move on to trying it on someone else clearly. 

Thanks for the advice. I'll continue as I am, so no need to offer it a third time. 

Good luck with the other posters on this forum! There's a few contenders on this thread alone that are doubtless strong contenders for your wise words. 

Well, to be fair, this time around I wasn't even reacting to your ''jokes'' at first. I was correcting you on how you were insinuating that there isn't a lot to talk about on here just because the band isn't active. And as I, and also Blackstar mentioned, there's plenty of topics to talk about. But apparently you don't care about those topics, hence my advice that you could always stop posting here. Maybe I should have stated it more friendly and you wouldn't have gotten so upset? Oh well. Season's greetings!

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Well, to be fair, this time around I wasn't even reacting to your ''jokes'' at first. I was correcting you on how you were insinuating that there isn't a lot to talk about on here just because the band isn't active. And as I, and also Blackstar mentioned, there's plenty of topics to talk about. But apparently you don't care about those topics, hence my advice that you could always stop posting here. Maybe I should have stated it more friendly and you wouldn't have gotten so upset? Oh well. Season's greetings!

Maybe you should just move on to hassling someone else. Anyway, I'm utterly bored stupid by this conversation, which you repeat at me every so often, so I'll be using the handy 'block' function myself. 

Feel free to keep telling me not to be here if you wish, but be aware I won't be seeing the responses, so you might get more satisfaction out of someone else. 

Just now, allwaystired said:

Maybe you should just move on to hassling someone else. Anyway, I'm utterly bored stupid by this conversation, which you repeat at me every so often, so I'll be using the handy 'block' function myself. 

Feel free to keep telling me not to be here if you wish, but be aware I won't be seeing the responses, so you might get more satisfaction out of someone else. 

Only two times, pal. Don't exaggerate, but let's indeed stop this. Have a wonderful Christmas.

1 minute ago, Sledge said:

Calm down guys 🙏

Yes these are frustrating times and we are fans of a frustratingly unpredictable band. 

Be appreciative of what you got which 20years ago you would've laughed at

Oh, but I for one am very appreciative, that is why I'm not bitching on here constantly. Not that I am not frustrated with the lack of new material, but I don't feel the need to express that disappointment on a daily basis and rather concentrate on what I do like about this band.

14 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Oh, but I for one am very appreciative, that is why I'm not bitching on here constantly. Not that I am not frustrated with the lack of new material, but I don't feel the need to express that disappointment on a daily basis and rather concentrate on what I do like about this band.

Well yeah, I once didn't think Chinese democracy would be released but it did.

I never thought I would see slash and axl perform November rain with my own eyes but it happened.

Never thought I would hear the early Chinese democracy demos either but it happened.

It's inevitable that there will be many new things at some point. 

Personally the biggest thing in doubt to hear is the unreleased VR material. 

• Like 1