What is your GN'R 'holy grail'?

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Is there MTV pro-shot of that?

Fifteen years ago I had heard from a greek fan that mtv had filmed the show fully because the date of it coinscided with the 2 year anniversary of the illusion tour.

Interestingly, many people uploaded stuff I've never seen before.

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

(If you mean the snippets in the MTV "Guns N' Roses in Athens" special back in the day, those were from the previous show in Tel Aviv, not Athens).

So not Athens?

Edited by Steel

3 hours ago, Steel said:

Fifteen years ago I had heard from a greek fan that mtv had filmed the show fully because the date of it coinscided with the 2 year anniversary of the illusion tour.

Interestingly, many people uploaded stuff I've never seen before.

So not Athens?

No, unfortunately the clips in the last video are not from Athens (your other videos - reports, promos, NR audio, Axl with Claudia Schiffer - are from Athens). 

This is a clip from the Israeli TV:

The part of WTTJ is exactly the same in the two videos (although the shots are from a different angle), plus they're wearing the same clothes.

Picture from the Athens show (from a Greek magazine, June 1993). Slash is wearing a different shirt:

1993_124.jpg

Edited by Blackstar

On 12/20/2020 at 6:56 PM, Daedalus said:

Complete video from the first AFD lineup show (June 6, 1985); first (raw) mix of UYI... content of the MSL's emails - just kidding.

Recordings from 1995/96, but I guess that stuff is without vocals.

Complete video and audio from March 26, 1985 would be much more intestesting for me. They basically played the same show on June 6 but with Mama Kin instead of Sweet Emotion. 

10 hours ago, The Matinator said:

Not technically GNR but all the unreleased VR stuff (buckcherry demos, Corey Taylor demos, unreleased Scott songs etc.)

Sebastian Bach mentioned in an interview recording three songs with VR when he was trying out for the vocalist slot. Apparently he was not picked because it sounded too much like "Skid Roses" Sebastian said something like "What did they think it was going to sound like?!" 

8 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Sebastian Bach mentioned in an interview recording three songs with VR when he was trying out for the vocalist slot. Apparently he was not picked because it sounded too much like "Skid Roses" Sebastian said something like "What did they think it was going to sound like?!" 

I remember I've heard one recording back then.

Like a lot of people, it was the House of Blues 2001 show for years, and then that got crossed off the list. 

Honestly, at this point, I would settle for a professionally shot show anytime from 1988-2010 to get released in some capacity. Obviously, it would be amazing if we got one of the "historic" long shows, but anything would be cool. 

On 12/22/2020 at 3:44 PM, Legendador said:

NUMBER ONE

An official high-quality reworked version of "Crash Diet"

NUMBER TWO

MTV recorded 3 concerts of the band in Brazil in 1992 (2 in São Paulo and 1 in Rio de Janeiro) and I'd love to see that

NUMBER THREE

The "Perfect Crime" documentary

I have an addition to make! (so many holy grails for GNR LOL)

NUMBER FOUR

An official version of "As It Began" (Instrumental and with vocals) - Nobody seems to like the song, but I think is one of the most beautiful songs NEW GNR made (so far).

Edited by Legendador

34 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I have an addition to make! (so many holy grails for GNR LOL)

NUMBER FOUR

An official version of "As It Began" (Instrumental and with vocals) - Nobody seems to like the song, but I think is one of the most beautiful songs NEW GNR made (so far).

I wonder if such a thing even exists at all. Didn't that instrumental get used by another band associated with Tommy or Richard? Someone here posted a link to it within the last year or so.

57 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder if such a thing even exists at all. Didn't that instrumental get used by another band associated with Tommy or Richard? Someone here posted a link to it within the last year or so.

NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! This band is a joke! I think the songs that leaked are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the ChiDem record itself!

What a waste of talent! What a waste of time!

Edited by Legendador