Your favourite songs of 2020?

Gordon Comstock

2020 in terms of new music for me has mainly been playing catch up but I can say the following tracks have been some which I really enjoyed:

• Ordinary Man - Ozzy Osbourne - This track frankly is my favourite track which Ozzy sings on at any point in his career, it is a beautiful ballad and the music video is one of the few which I will actually watch (I hate the concept of music videos). 
  • Realize & The Mists Of Time - AC/DC - Power Up is a great comeback for AC/DC and these two tracks are the ones which I enjoy the most, Realize being a brilliant rocker which calls back to the 80s, with The Mists Of Time being a mini rocker
  • Throw My Bones - Deep Purple - This is how a band should age, Ian Gillen sounds amazing, and the band has really evolved with their frankly advanced age, this track is like rock meets crooning, and I dig it. 

I had LOTS of time to listen to music and explore music this year. This is just some :lol:

• Grateful Dead, Dicks Picks 33 (And the like 10 other Dead land albums released this year)
  • Grimes, Miss Anthropocene 
  • Lucinda Williams, Good Souls Better Angels 
  • Phoebe Bridges, Punisher
  • Willie Nelson, First Rose of Spring
  • Margo Price, Thats How Rumours Get Started
  • Bruce Hornsby, Non Secure Connection 
  • Bret Kissel, Now or Never (a mans gotta get his fill of beer and trucks from somewhere :lol:)
  • Halsey, Maniac
  • Carrie Underwood, My Gift
  • Jenn Grant, Downtown on Christmas Eve

EDIT: Oops, I listed favourite albums. Too lazy to redo. All the songs on all those albums are my favourite songs. Most of the albums are named for a song anyways and the title tracks are all true gems.

Edited by soon

9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I like her too. And that reminds me of another Phoebe I discovered in 2020. She also reminds me of Phoebe Bridges,

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed this and will be looking her up. Checks all my 2020 music boxes - Woman, psychedelia, countryfried :headbang:

How did you discover her?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soon said:

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed this and will be looking her up. Checks all my 2020 music boxes - Woman, psychedelia, countryfried :headbang:

How did you discover her?

I think she was in my recommendation on YouTube and probably only clicked on it because she's so cute (that's how I discovered Phoebe Bridges too) but I stayed for her voice and because she covers songs in an interesting way.

• Like 1