Have You Given Up On The Band?

I'm no longer a huge fan, though nostalgia is very powerful. I enjoy what the band used to be. Since the reunion didn't happen as fully as anyone hoped, I'm fine with enjoying the past. 

Overall, I feel that GN'R's attitude towards this forum has been a huge wasted opportunity to connect with the people who still care. 

• Like 1

Given up expecting anything in the way of new music? Yes.

At some point, you just stop caring. Way too many great artists/bands out there still making great music to waste time/energy getting wound up about a formerly great band who've let themselves turn to shit. 

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

We are going to end up at two SMKC albums, a Duff album, a Fortus produced Psychedelic Furs album, a box set, a functionally entire CDII leak, a release from the sons of Slash and Scott Weiland, and surely more before we hear a lick of “new” music from the reunion lineup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeeJay410 said:

We are going to end up at two SMKC albums, a Duff album, a Fortus produced Psychedelic Furs album, a box set, a functionally entire CDII leak, a release from the sons of Slash and Scott Weiland, and surely more before we hear a lick of “new” music from the reunion lineup.

It'd be more heartbreaking if I believed talent was going to waste. But seeing as Axl sounds God-awful 80% of the time these days, perhaps he's doing us all a favour. :lol:

I'm a fan of this band for 25 years now, for stuff that has been released before 30 years and more. That will never change, and that's music I'll probably listen to my whole life, so I'll never give up to this, but..

am I optimistic that they'll release something anytime soon? No, I'm not.

Will I spend hundred of Euros for attending their live shows again?  Surely not. Not without new music. 

Will the lack of new Guns music effect my private life in any form? Hell no, it won't! 

I'm happy for everything new but I'm not sitting frustrated around waiting for some kind of announcement of some millionaires in their sixties or whatever.

• Like 1

As far as the future is concerned? Yes, I have.

I'll always love what Guns N' Roses were. Always love the music.

I was never able to see the original or UYI lineups live due to being born in 1986 so when Axl made his comeback at the '02 VMA's I was so fucking excited. We know what followed. I became a member of this board in '03 and supported all the fucked up bullshit over the next 10 years.

When the reunion happened, I had renewed interest in the band which had been fading during the Vegas days of the never ending 'Chinese' world tour. After a year of some real solid performances the quality of the show dipped real fucking hard. Axl sounds absolutely terrible to my ears and it makes me sad. Add all the other bullshit that comes with being a fan of this band (Over-priced tack, zero communication, awful management, & other, worse shit) I have given up.

At the end of the day, it's one man's opinion & while I may be a bit confused by it, I am happy for those who don't see things the same way I do.

• Like 4

Yes. I will definitely drop money on seeing them live if they ever come around Canada again (cheaper seats. Close seats are robbery for what they're doing these last few years) and I'll hate myself for it. 

But it's done. I expect nothing of them anymore. 

• Like 1

I thought GNR was dead in November 2011 when I  saw them at the IZod Center. The IZOD Center was half empty. Also, the IZOD Center was shutting down for the new Prudential Center in NJ. The following year they did the Las Vegas residency. When a music artist starts to do that, the career is over. I kinda gave up back then. When the GNR old school logo started to show up in 2015, it renewed my hopes. Since the reunion, I have maintained an optimistic viewpoint.  I'm not wavering from that.  As I previously said on here, people need to maintain their own expectations. That's all I'm going to say. 

Eh, no. I don't even really know what that means. 

Am I disappointed in some things? Yeah. But they're one of my favorite bands and Axl is one of my favorite frontmen ever. There's no way I'll stop listening to them. And if I can afford it I'll of course see them in concert. 

And though I suspect a new album may not come and it would be underwhelming even if it did, that's just my personal take. I'm of course going to buy it and play it if it comes out - it's a new GNR album, how could I not?

Edited by BangoSkank
Clarity and grammar

1 minute ago, BangoSkank said:

Eh, no. I don't even really know what that means. 

Am I disappointed in some things? Yeah. But they're one of my favorite bands and Axl is one of my favorite frontmen ever. There's no way I'll stop listening to them. And if I can afford it I'll of course see them in concert. 

And though I suspect a new album may not come and it would be underwhelming even if it did, that's just my personal take. I'm of course going to buy it and play it if it comes out - it's a new GNR album, how could I not?

I was bit dramatic :lol:

10 hours ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

Well. Simple question.

I’ll start. I have.

In a year where we can get kickass albums from so many artists, this would have been the perfect time.

Now? It’s the perfect time to give up on this band. It’s over. They’ll get their blind followers who jizz all over or squirt over them from their countries that post the same fucking nonsense because they treat the band like a religion.....

Who’s with me?

Give up? What does that mean? Stop liking the music I like? Nope. Stop waiting for new music? Did that already back in the 80s when waiting for UYIs. 

10 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

You post on a Guns N' Roses forum, this is some "I don't need to wear a mask during a pandemic" level content.

So, where does this point come from? You think I’m a conspiracy theorist or a person who is selfish to other people and their health. 

Seriously?

I didn't see any real improvement in the band after 2011. Axl's voice sucks nowadays, I enjoyed him more in AC/DC, the only way you can here him with rasp.
Either way, for me the end was the reunion, it didn't catch my attention back then. After that I heared they're touring the world again. I was like, ok screw the nugnr thing and CD era, it didn't work so well after all. No mythical return with the CD, the return of the old members was more success I guess. So, I went along with it and said that's the best for Gn'R. But without a new album, no slimer Axl with rasp, this band is only gnawing the nostalgia that its entity produces.

Edited by Steel

Normally I would say I have, but then by "shuffle accident" or not I listen to Nightrain, Paradise City or any of the greatest hits once and I love them again (briefly), honestly It's sad to see how the band operates nowadays, but the music, the history... In its heyday best band in the world, the best case scenario is to somehow release a last album to finish this great journey with semi-dignity

Edited by Entman
  • Like 2