Have You Given Up On The Band?

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Time to log back in to one of your doubtless many accounts  I think.

We're used to a higher standard of trolling round here. 

I can't help it because most comments align with mines.

Lol, :D your quote is the proper title for you and your multiple accounts, unsuccessful troll wannabe.

:D:D

""Well known hater" - Newbie, 10/8/2020 "

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, j axler said:

I can't help it because most comments align with mines.

Lol, :D your quote is the proper title for you and your multiple accounts, unsuccessful troll wannabe.

:D:D

""Well known hater" - Newbie, 10/8/2020 "

.....and there we go. How boring. 

Go make a bagel. 

Edited by allwaystired

27 minutes ago, j axler said:

Hahah, trolling is ignoring the facts like you are doing.

Attempting to block CD from GNR success, while CD is a brilliant album  that has kept GNR afloat for many years. CD is far better, and much more successful than Contraband.

CD allowed GNR to continue touring stadiums, while the same can't be said for Contraband. Who mostly booked theatres.

CD, definitely the bridge between the Appetite and Illusions Era,

to the Reunion Era.

:awesomeface::facepalm:

33 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Nah.....

Trolling is starting a new account, making six posts, all of them deliberately aimed at trying to get a rise out of people by saying ludicrous things like the band is "growing leaps and bounds" and suggesting that the reason they are doing stadiums is because of an album that, when released, didn't sell very well and saw them not filling Arenas. 

Basically, it's bollocks aimed solely at annoying people. That's trolling. 

You sure know an awful lot about starting new accounts and making annoying posts, not surprisingly, troll failure lol.

Don't be bitter because most GNR fans agree with me, bitter loser and excuse for a troll.

Denying that GNR is growing by leaps and bounds clearly demonstrates

your ignorance, or deliberate denial,  towards GNR's revived success on their record breaking, history making reunion tour.

Yes, GNR has always been popular, but denying their renewed momentum, fans, and success their reunion tour is bringing them as millions more people are exposed to GNR is blatant delusion.

Jealousy is your name.

Again you demonstrate your bitterness and blatant disregard, by pretending to not to know CD's initial release was sabotaged by its

own Manager and promoter for ulterior motives. Sabotaging the initial release of the album.

In spite of that, CD has gone on to do well, broke records, and continued growing in popularity.

Whats annoying and bollocks is the that you can't handle the fact the CD was selling out stadiums worldwide, while Contraband could not.

Edited by j axler

7 minutes ago, j axler said:

You sure know an awful lot about starting new accounts and making annoying posts, not surprisingly, troll failure lol.

Don't be bitter because most GNR fans agree with me, bitter loser and excuse for a troll.

Denying that GNR is growing by leaps and bounds clearly demonstrates

your ignorance, or deliberate denial,  towards GNR's revived success on their record breaking, history making reunion tour.

Yes, GNR has always been popular, but denying their renewed momentum, fans, and success their reunion tour is bringing them as millions more people are exposed to GNR is blatant delusion.

Jealousy is your name.

Again you demonstrate your bitterness and blatant disregard, by pretending to not to know CD's initial release was sabotaged by its

own Manager and promoter for ulterior motives. Sabotaging the initial release of the album.

In spite of that, CD has gone on to do well, broke records, and continued growing in popularity.

Whats annoying and bollocks is the that you can't handle the fact the CD was selling out stadiums worldwide, while Contraband could not.

Better luck next time. 

10 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Interesting.  If this is the case why has Axl been so fated as the 'genius' of GnR?  A personality cult maybe?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'if this is the case', everything I said was factual.

As for Axl the genuis of GNR, that is the exact thing I've never understood. ? I certainly don't see it. I guess part of it is that he owns the name and the value lies in the name - so people don't want to upset him or lose access to that value, so you end up with a disproportionate amount of platitudes.

At the end of the day, Axl has done nothing worthwhile without the other  4 around him. - and clung desperately to the GNR name - all the rest have at least done something under another banner. Now I wonder why that is ? (Again Axl is a vital ingredient of GNR but not the 'geniuis' who did it all).

1 album in 30 years is pathetic. I mean Beatles did 13 in 7 years, Led Zep 8 in 10 years, the original VH 6 in 6 years,, Bon era AC/DC 7 in 4 years......High quality albums at those rates show talent.

The saddest thing for me in all this is that its been 31 years now since we've seen that band that actually did it all perform together....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Euchre said:

I remember in 89/90 all the talk was about when is the new album going to be recorded. I also remember being on the Boerio forum in '96 or so and it was basically the same sort of chatter that happens now (eg rather than Frank v Adler, it was Sorum v Adler, oh and when is the next album coming out)....

Since then I've seen multiple generations of fans come through, get excited, give up on  the band, repeat.

The only things that surprise me are :

a)  how anyone has creative hope for this band as the only creative period for it was with the original 5. (Even though Adler didn't make it to recorded UYI, he was still in the band for the vast bulk of the writing).

b) Why people thing Axl is such a creative force or driver of the band's success - don't get me wrong I think all original 5 contributed vitally for the bands success including Axl, but watching things over the life of the band his perceived contribution has taken on an ever more out-weighted role. This October will mark 30 years with 1 album of original material. That's not an artist.  If you go back through the band's history he basically tried to fuck up every key milestone (first big show with international artist Alice Cooper doesn't show up, flips out day of signing record contract and  almost no shows, no shows for the first few days of the SCOM shoot, goes nuts on the Iron Maiden tour, doesn't want to do the Aerosmith tour, flips out at the Stones shows) - without the other guys around him those first few years would have ended up just like the last 30. Oh and his performance/singing has been pretty spotty from 91 as well.

The reality is the original 5 had this great balance and creative potential. Since '91 it has all been about money, credibility or the highest quality musical output rates a distance second. The band has become every single thing that it once stood against.

Spot on with point b. He's always shown himself to be unprofessional and unreliable when it counted. Always causing drama.

15 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Better erase that shit and record a proper GNR record. That's the best case imo.

I agree 100%

19 minutes ago, Euchre said:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'if this is the case', everything I said was factual.

As for Axl the genuis of GNR, that is the exact thing I've never understood. ? I certainly don't see it. I guess part of it is that he owns the name and the value lies in the name - so people don't want to upset him or lose access to that value, so you end up with a disproportionate amount of platitudes.

At the end of the day, Axl has done nothing worthwhile without the other  4 around him. - and clung desperately to the GNR name - all the rest have at least done something under another banner. Now I wonder why that is ? (Again Axl is a vital ingredient of GNR but not the 'geniuis' who did it all).

1 album in 30 years is pathetic. I mean Beatles did 13 in 7 years, Led Zep 8 in 10 years, the original VH 6 in 6 years,, Bon era AC/DC 7 in 4 years......High quality albums at those rates show talent.

The saddest thing for me in all this is that its been 31 years now since we've seen that band that actually did it all perform together....

Agree again. Even Steven managed to put out some original music under his own name that was pretty well received, and Slash of course has always maintained a pretty high profile.

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Ok! 

Personally there's only so many times I can listen to the same songs over and over! Especially given that most of the recordings are low quality bootlegs. 

Each to their own, however the quality of boots in 2010s is much better than 1987 for example. 

30 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

Each to their own, however the quality of boots in 2010s is much better than 1987 for example.

I tend to have one or two 'go-to' ones, and leave it there. Only NITL ones I listen to are the Sirius recorded ones really as very little changed, other than a general decline in quality as time goes on. 

10 hours ago, Daedalus said:

The feeling I get, as a fan, is like watching some sport and your team is losing with only few minutes left - but you still have this little idea that "they still can turn it around".

Guns n roses are the new york knicks of rock bands.......

On 12/24/2020 at 10:15 AM, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

Well. Simple question.

I’ll start. I have.

In a year where we can get kickass albums from so many artists, this would have been the perfect time.

Now? It’s the perfect time to give up on this band. It’s over. They’ll get their blind followers who jizz all over or squirt over them from their countries that post the same fucking nonsense because they treat the band like a religion.....

Who’s with me?

I basically only want more leaks from the period up until 2004. I stopped expecting anything from and caring about the band a long while back. If there's an album I'd check it out, but there won't be. Maybe an ridiculously overpriced UYI box at some point. And even if there was an album my expectations for it would be incredibly low. Axl sounds awful and itid probably just include worse versions of Village songs. The only thing I have less faith in than the band, is it's utterly incompetent management. 

I’m sitting here, listening.  I made a playlist of all the demos that would have been the 2001 album.   
As a 19 year old in 2001 I know I would have loved it.  As someone approaching 40 it’s just cool toheat but not my style.... but yeh, they are now a legacy band.

It all got fucked up, and it’s a damn shame about what we missed from like 93-2000, they could have been the modern day stones, look what we got

• Like 1

2 hours ago, username said:

I basically only want more leaks from the period up until 2004. I stopped expecting anything from and caring about the band a long while back. If there's an album I'd check it out, but there won't be. Maybe an ridiculously overpriced UYI box at some point. And even if there was an album my expectations for it would be incredibly low. Axl sounds awful and itid probably just include worse versions of Village songs. The only thing I have less faith in than the band, is it's utterly incompetent management. 

The one saving grace here is that based on Rock The Rock we know that in the studio it can sound cool. It’s live that’s the problem....albeit if any new material was sung lower like RTR then it’s absolutely more achievable.

However it wouldn’t surprise me if some of the vocals are what was recorded way back when - which would be good for a studio release....live? Not so much.

I gave Contraband a long listen, multiple times recently and there are a few good songs on it. Working on Libertad now. Seems to be like the former, to a lesser extent. The Last Fight is my fav, has been for years. Messages too, but for some reason it wasn't put on the actual album. Such a shame.

Not even close to CD though. 

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

The one saving grace here is that based on Rock The Rock we know that in the studio it can sound cool. It’s live that’s the problem....albeit if any new material was sung lower like RTR then it’s absolutely more achievable.

However it wouldn’t surprise me if some of the vocals are what was recorded way back when - which would be good for a studio release....live? Not so much.

Agreed. And yes, I could see them using 20yo vocal tracks too. But I just don't think I'd be interested in this band re-recording stuff from 20 years ago. Based on the village sessions there was real fire and ambition in it back then. They already seemed to have ruined that with all the re-writing, re-interpreting, re-recording and overproducing on Chinese Democracy. So I have zero faith they'd get it right now. What I might be interested in is an album of all new material that has been written since the reunion. A clean slate. But even then the heart and soul of this band seems so far gone I doubt it'd be good. From the way they handled the leaks to the bad communication and insults towards the fanbase to the youtube takedowns and the horrible cashgrab releases like L&L or GH.... The way the band and it's management are doing things leaves very little left to like. Enough for me to not want to spend a single cent on them anymore. 

21 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Nah.....

Trolling is starting a new account, making six posts, all of them deliberately aimed at trying to get a rise out of people by saying ludicrous things like the band is "growing leaps and bounds" and suggesting that the reason they are doing stadiums is because of an album that, when released, didn't sell very well and saw them not filling Arenas. 

Basically, it's bollocks aimed solely at annoying people. That's trolling. 

Come on now, get your facts straight. The bowling alley show was a sell out! The Dollar Tree next door had plenty of copies of CD for sale to meet demand.

• Haha 2