Jump to content

Will you be satisfied with the proposed 2020 setlist for the 2021 shows?


Assuming no album, will you be satisfied with the proposed 2020 SA setlist for 2021 shows?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

The same almost 3 hour shows plus Pretty Tied Up and Think About You? Mind boggling how fans complain about that, I will see that show 5 days a week, throw Locomotive in there I am in a heaven

And for the record I assure you there will be a time in the future when GNR is going to play the standard 19 song 2 hour max show and I am pretty sure you won't be hearing any "deep tracks" at these shows and you will still hear 4 or 5 covers a night since that is part of GNRs history so enjoy these 2:30 - 3 hour shows while we have them

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, k12 said:

The same almost 3 hour shows plus Pretty Tied Up and Think About You? Mind boggling how fans complain about that, I will see that show 5 days a week, throw Locomotive in there I am in a heaven

And for the record I assure you there will be a time in the future when GNR is going to play the standard 19 song 2 hour max show and I am pretty sure you won't be hearing any "deep tracks" at these shows and you will still hear 4 or 5 covers a night since that is part of GNRs history so enjoy these 2:30 - 3 hour shows while we have them

Mind boggling how fans complain about a frontman that can barely sing and shows complete contempt towards the fans and has no interest in releasing new music. 
 


 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

"They play 3 hour shows, you should be grateful!" :jerkoff:

Playing for 3 hours just so you can say you play for 3 hours does not make the show more enjoyable or "worth the money". There are several songs that just sound flat out bad with this lineup... if they played for 3 hours and sounded good for most of the show it'd be fine, but that's not the case.

That said, I don't really care because I won't see them live again until they offer something new. I'm not interested in paying for a NITL show again... I saw them 12 times between 2010 and 2017 and enjoyed all the shows, but 2017 was a noticeable decline and it's gotten so much more stale since then.

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is the setlist plus those additions, as long as they remove The Seeker from their set I am totally cool with it lol but I would personally at least like a change in set order.  Maybe start the show with a different opener and end it with Nightrain or something

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, k12 said:

The same almost 3 hour shows plus Pretty Tied Up and Think About You? Mind boggling how fans complain about that, I will see that show 5 days a week, throw Locomotive in there I am in a heaven

And for the record I assure you there will be a time in the future when GNR is going to play the standard 19 song 2 hour max show and I am pretty sure you won't be hearing any "deep tracks" at these shows and you will still hear 4 or 5 covers a night since that is part of GNRs history so enjoy these 2:30 - 3 hour shows while we have them

We did in 2010 when Axl could sing and the show had energy. Maybe even the initial reunion bump in 2016. Plus, most of us have seen this show multiple times. And seen it get worse each time. That time in the future is irrelevant if they still sound like a shit cover band. At least new songs makes us say, well it's shit, but it's something I haven't seen. Unless of course, the energy returns, Axl can sing again and slash gives a fuck. I doubt that though sadly

Edited by JimiRose
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

No. How could anyone be ok with the same bloody show again in 2021... that's just mental. Ok, PTU, TAU, Hardschool... good choices! But they are more than likely songs that may or may not get played... so you're back to that same setlist all over again.

New show, completely new set-list... that is absolute minimum for the next phase of touring in 2021 or whenever. 

If you've just got into gnr, and you have missed all the NITL tour and not watched any footage then the same old show would be fine, outside of that I have no idea what would possess someone to be actually excited to see the show. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"They play 3 hour shows, you should be grateful!" :jerkoff:

Playing for 3 hours just so you can say you play for 3 hours does not make the show more enjoyable or "worth the money". There are several songs that just sound flat out bad with this lineup... if they played for 3 hours and sounded good for most of the show it'd be fine, but that's not the case.

That said, I don't really care because I won't see them live again until they offer something new. I'm not interested in paying for a NITL show again... I saw them 12 times between 2010 and 2017 and enjoyed all the shows, but 2017 was a noticeable decline and it's gotten so much more stale since then.

Saw the chili peppers a couple of years ago - they are down to sets of about 16 songs.

1.5 hours. Super energetic and fun set. Left everyone wanting more - but in a good way.

I always thought longer was better but that concert really changed my mind. Quality over quantity.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardschool technically is a new song and could signal a new album. But yeah it’s hard to be excited about shows without the purpose of releasing new music. However hard school is one of my favorite GNR tracks as unpopular as that may be and I would really love to hear it performed at some point. Axl didn’t sound too hot from what we heard but I LOVED the instrumental changes, I think it sounded amazing personally.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Adding in three extra songs while still playing the same setlist from 2016-2020 is not enough. 

I guess the "whole new show" thing is up to interpretation for some people here🤔. My idea of a whole new show and next chapter means, something brand new... not the same old shit with a new coat of paint applied badly. New chapter is to my understanding a development of the story... next logical step for a band who have toured the legs of the circuit? Yep, new album! And the other option is a brand new tour that has a completely different stage and setlist.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Depends how many times you've seen it. I wouldn't go and see the same play at the theatre over and over again, no matter how much I loved it first time. 

I saw 9 shows on the NITL tour, planned on seeing at least 2 shows this past summer before Covid, as said for me seeing GNR especially with Axl and Slash is an experience and I am more than happy with the set, I would prefer a few less covers and maybe some more Illusion or Lies/appetite songs they never play but I will take what I can get 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DK6 said:

Saw the chili peppers a couple of years ago - they are down to sets of about 16 songs.

1.5 hours. Super energetic and fun set. Left everyone wanting more - but in a good way.

I always thought longer was better but that concert really changed my mind. Quality over quantity.

Well as someone who is not a big Chili Peppers fan and I saw them multiple times and I was disappointed as their set were lacking the "hits" which is what I care about with them 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to an Aussie show regardless of what they play, simply because they only come down here every 3-5 years. The next time we will get to see Axl is when he is in his early 60's, and who knows what condition he will be in then, lol.

I would not be happy with only a few minor changes to the setlist when the NITL tour is over, but beggars can't be choosers i suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm going to an Aussie show regardless of what they play, simply because they only come down here every 3-5 years. The next time we will get to see Axl is when he is in his early 60's, and who knows what condition he will be in then, lol.

I would not be happy with only a few minor changes to the setlist when the NITL tour is over, but beggars can't be choosers i suppose.

"beggars can't be choosers"  woud be an appropiate album titlrr

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jonah said:

Should be only able to answer no. We are GNR fans we are never happy

That's actually not true. I remember a a good few times where the majority of people here were positively jubilant, Any time Axl sang his ass off in particular. Osaka 09, RIM 06, Houston 2016. It's just in more recent times there's less and less positives and more and more negatives.

Of course there are some fans who shit on everything, but they are just a very vocal minority within this group.

IF they come back out and play that old set this place is going to be even more downbeat and negative. We just don't want a band we look up to so much to be a nllazy nostalgia band. Only possible upside would be if the band and Axl sounded killer consistently (which rarely / almost never  happened on NITL).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm going to an Aussie show regardless of what they play, simply because they only come down here every 3-5 years. The next time we will get to see Axl is when he is in his early 60's, and who knows what condition he will be in then, lol.

I would not be happy with only a few minor changes to the setlist when the NITL tour is over, but beggars can't be choosers i suppose.

We're not beggars though. We're people being asked to spend a considerable amount of money on something. 

The band are a business, and they're trying to sell us a product as consumers. That's clearly how they want things to be and how they lay out their stall now. 

The problem with that is whether the consumers want to carry on buying that product. If they don't....well, blaming the consumers isn't the solution! 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...