Bumblefoot performing Catcher In the Rye in a tribute band?

I don't know of that particular clip (or at the very least can't remember if I've seen it or not), but Bumblefoot occasionally jams Guns tunes with cover bands or fans. He's even had fans come and jam them with him at his solo shows. He once even stood out front of the hotel to jam sing along Guns tunes! He's generally happy to do it. He and Frank both took a guest spot with Guns 2 Roses (a popular UK based Guns tribute) before, and that was when Bumble was still in the band.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I played Don't Cry with him back in 2015, he's got a lot of fresh projects going on and I think he's pretty firmly focussed on writing and playing new music, but he's not averse to jamming Guns songs at shows, especially since he knows some people are fans of his from his days in the band.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Confused, I dont know much about this period but I have just seen a Youtube clip of Bumblefoot performing Catcher In The Rye in a tribute band, seems rather strange.  Does anybody know anything about his?

What's strange about it? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Confused, I dont know much about this period but I have just seen a Youtube clip of Bumblefoot performing Catcher In The Rye in a tribute band, seems rather strange.  Does anybody know anything about his?

Yeah I was there that night. It was in camden, london with Guns 2 Roses. He played bass on some songs, did a few of his originals, coaching the band through the songs and joined in on the second half. of the set on GnR songs. Ive got a pic on my facebook somewhere I'll try to find it and post it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Yeah I was there that night. It was in camden, london with Guns 2 Roses. He played bass on some songs, did a few of his originals, coaching the band through the songs and joined in on the second half. of the set on GnR songs. Ive got a pic on my facebook somewhere I'll try to find it and post it

Bumblefoot seems to be really cool and he engages with fans. How did this guy end up in NuGnR? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Bumblefoot seems to be really cool and he engages with fans. How did this guy end up in NuGnR? :lol:

I genuinely believe it's because they'd heard his stuff, and he'd never met fernando. Now he knows they're all incompetent scumbags, he's gone. 

• Haha 1