Sweet child- first time ever played leaked

On 12/31/2020 at 1:35 AM, Gunner55 said:

Where/when did Axl say that? 

But yeah I chalked up a good chunk of Slash's book as lies. I remember he talked about St. Louis in it, said after Axl walked off they kept playing the riff for a while, all the while he was conversing with a tech or something asking where Axl went and if he was coming back (I'm paraphrasing, I haven't read that book in a good 10 years). But like, it's on YouTube. That didn't happen lol. 

I noticed that discrepancy too, but it's clearly not "lies", it's just that he was recalling the sequence off the top of his head and it's slightly different to what the footage shows. There's no reason for him to try to deliberately mislead the reader, especially when the actual sequence of events can be seen on the video. It's a very minor discrepancies anyway, doesn't detract from the story.

40 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

it's clearly not "lies", it's just that he was recalling the sequence off the top of his head and it's slightly different to what the footage shows. There's no reason for him to try to deliberately mislead the reader, especially when the actual sequence of events can be seen on the video. It's a very minor discrepancies anyway, doesn't detract from the story.

I watched that Bees Gees doc yesterday and Barry Gibb made a quote about how everyone remembers things differently or something and it is true.. I literally can't remember shit from the past week never mind 30 years ago

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 5:42 AM, SAU3R said:

I thought we still had a „no YouTube links“ policy ESPECIALLY for unofficial GNR material, so stuff like this doesn’t happen 

We do, but it's not to stop videos from getting taken down from YouTube, it's to provide legal cover for ourselves. Unfortunately, we can't always catch every single thing that gets posted and things do sometimes slip through the cracks. That's when other users reporting posts becomes important, because it can call our attention to something we may have missed. 

• Like 1