Live Era Vinyl - YouTube video

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I honestly have no clue how rare the CD / Shacklers 7" is. I bought it years ago for a good price and I only ever listened to it because the US pressing of the album sucks so much. Now that I finally have the Euro pressing of the album, I'll probably never bust out the 7" again. 

I just shot a ton more YouTube videos the other day but I may do one of the US  & Euro pressings of the album in the future. If I do, I'll include some info on the 7" too 

Cool man - I’ll need to check out the videos. 👍

• Like 1

Great video! Loved it.

Is the chinese/shacklers single rare? I remember getting it free with my album on vinyl from hmv!

edit: sorry didnt see other people ask about the single! Will look forward to a future video about it

Edited by Trell

1 hour ago, Trell said:

Great video! Loved it.

Is the chinese/shacklers single rare? I remember getting it free with my album on vinyl from hmv!

edit: sorry didnt see other people ask about the single! Will look forward to a future video about it

I somehow never knew that it was free, that's pretty cool. I didn't overpay or anything. At a guess, I'd say I probably paid $20. It's just a neat thing to have. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I somehow never knew that it was free, that's pretty cool. I didn't overpay or anything. At a guess, I'd say I probably paid $20. It's just a neat thing to have. 

You couldn't buy the 7" on its own, it was 'free' when you bought the vinyl through HMV in the UK. Which is why I assume they didn't press very many.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You couldn't buy the 7" on its own, it was 'free' when you bought the vinyl through HMV in the UK. Which is why I assume they didn't press very many.

Ah, OK. I didn't get that at first. I guess I just assumed it was for sale at one point. You're right, there was probably a very small amount pressed in that case. 

As far as Live Era goes, the common thought so far seems to be "I could've bought that for cheap, I didn't and I regret it" lol. For anyone who hasn't seen the video, you can watch / subscribe here :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Didn't want to make a whole new thread for this but my latest video features my son and I talking about some of his favorite vinyl LPs. 

You can skip to the 12 minute mark to find the GN'R talk. If you watch the video, please leave a like on it :)

• Like 1

I know it sounds like the vocals are re-recorded, but is it established fact?

One thing that bugs me is the lack of 80s cuts, Out ta get me is one of the few with Adler on it iirc 

I can't believe you reckon that's the best live Crazy! I like the Fox late show one. Would have been good to have one of the performances where they go from slow to fast in one song.

Rocket Queen is a funny one. No rhythm guitar apparently. Slash's talkbox solo is amazing. And even Dizzy stands out on it, his bongos actually make an audible difference if you listen closely. Then he's playing an organ on the outro. Axl sounds like studio with reverb cranked though.

They shoulda put Coma on the regular CDs not just Japanese issue.

Edited by Nice Boy

• 3 months later...
On 12/31/2020 at 7:39 AM, RussTCB said:

My latest YouTube video is out. Posting this in D&N because I'm showcasing the rare pressing of Live Era this time. 

Likes, comments and subscribers always welcome :)

https://youtu.be/eVwmkmdpWF0

Dropped a new video today. Live Era is NOT included in my new video, but if you wanna see about Live Era on vinyl, you can hit the link above :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I love those record racks! I'm still just using Ikea shelves, but will one day upgrade to those. Well done on your setup, it's incredible!

Thanks! I've been working on the room for about 10 years, but the work has paid off. 

The first record racks in the room came from a local record store. They moved locations and didn't have room for two of their tables, so I scooped them up. Ever since then, I just measure them off and build a new one every time the collection expands. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Thanks! I've been working on the room for about 10 years, but the work has paid off. 

The first record racks in the room came from a local record store. They moved locations and didn't have room for two of their tables, so I scooped them up. Ever since then, I just measure them off and build a new one every time the collection expands. 

How many records do you have these days mate?

3 hours ago, Kearnsy said:

I picked up a copy for $80 on ebay about 8 years ago, signed by Dizzy. What does a used copy go for these days?

£350 I'd say over the past year and a bit. There was only one copy up on Discogs for £600 a few months ago.

Actually, going by Discogs just now, you'll not pick one up any cheaper than £450 outside of the US.

Edited by Dean
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

What's the most you've paid for a record?

I'm not quite sure actually. I want to say about $120 for a single record. I bought most of my really rare stuff years ago, so I haven't paid that much for a record in a long time. 

Having said that, everything I paid $80 - $120 for over the years has skyrocketed in price now because so many people have gotten into vinyl over the past 5 years. 

I don't ever plan to flip any of them for a profit, but it's kinda fun to go on Discogs every so often and see that a record I paid $100 for goes for like $500+ now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not quite sure actually. I want to say about $120 for a single record. I bought most of my really rare stuff years ago, so I haven't paid that much for a record in a long time. 

Having said that, everything I paid $80 - $120 for over the years has skyrocketed in price now because so many people have gotten into vinyl over the past 5 years. 

I don't ever plan to flip any of them for a profit, but it's kinda fun to go on Discogs every so often and see that a record I paid $100 for goes for like $500+ now. 

That's the way to do it. I got lucky and bought a ton of grunge stuff on vinyl in high school and college and that stuff went through the roof, especially the Pearl Jam stuff. It's amazing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

That's the way to do it. I got lucky and bought a ton of grunge stuff on vinyl in high school and college and that stuff went through the roof, especially the Pearl Jam stuff. It's amazing. 

There's some records that I've bought within the last 10 years, for like $20 when they were released, that were selling for hundreds last year. It's crazy how much some things have skyrocketed in the last few years, honestly it's probably the thing I dislike most about the vinyl community.

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There's some records that I've bought within the last 10 years, for like $20 when they were released, that were selling for hundreds last year. It's crazy how much some things have skyrocketed in the last few years, honestly it's probably the thing I dislike most about the vinyl community.

I'm the same way. I've got a lot of records that I paid $20-$30 for over the past 10 years and they've shot up to stupid prices now. 

One example is Blues Traveler - Four. I bought the reissue 5 or so years ago for like $25 when it was released. I didn't even know it until a couple of months ago, but the price has jumped to over $500 on Discogs! Wtf! 

I bought every album I own because I love music. I don't buy with the intention of investing, but it seems a lot of people do. I've never even sold one record and don't intend to. I'm also not banking on the prices thing go for now either. 

I've had people comment now and again saying "I can't believe you're playing that rare records!" or something similar. My attitude is that it was meant to be played and that's what I bought it for. 

• Like 1

I think my most expensive purchase was an original LIES that I bought last year for about $80.  It was either the original sleeve or pretty close to it.. I know they censored and edited a lot throughout the years but it was an early one.. Sound absolutely phenomenal too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Anything Pearl Jam, goes for ridiculous money, especially if its limited or if its an original without reissue like Lost Dogs. Posters are crazy too.

3 hours ago, Kearnsy said:

Anything Pearl Jam, goes for ridiculous money, especially if its limited or if its an original without reissue like Lost Dogs. Posters are crazy too.

Yep, we used to go to tons of PJ shows and I can put my daughter through college with the merch we've picked up through the years. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 8:20 PM, GoBucky said:

Yep, we used to go to tons of PJ shows and I can put my daughter through college with the merch we've picked up through the years. 

How much do the Christmas singles go for? There's a few that have songs that were never released anywhere else like Olympic Platinum.