What Are You Listening To?

Dean

Ive actually been repeating about 6 or 7 tracks from Izzy. Some of his tracks are really up my current listening vibe - a punk rock simplicity.

WHat I also love about them is how you can hear how raw they'd be in a GnR sense if were presented to them in this form. 

Not listened to his stuff in fucking years, but this wee playlist i've created is just awesome :)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 6/9/2020 at 2:31 PM, EvanG said:

The fact that I hardly ever get a like for posting a Silverchair song makes me believe that this band is very underrated or most people hardly know them,

Great song! I distinctly recall liking a sliver chair song post by you just recently. :) 

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelleTurned me on to this amazing track and it’s album! She is/was so awesome - I hope to see her around here again some time. :headbang:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

Great song! I distinctly recall liking a sliver chair song post by you just recently. :) 

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelleTurned me on to this amazing track and it’s album! She is/was so awesome - I hope to see her around here again some time. :headbang:

You did, Ana's Song. That's probably the only time I ever received a like for posting a Silverchair song. I remember talking to MyPrettTiedUpMichelle about Silverchair on here and she knows how amazing they were.

It's just a shame that most people (at least outside of Australia) are only familiar with those first two records when they were still a teenage rock band and not too original. Because it's not until the third record that they started to evolve and became so much more. People are missing out. Here is another song that is a good example of their evolved sound (heavy orchestra and pop influences) and talent;

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

You did, Ana's Song. That's probably the only time I ever received a like for posting a Silverchair song. I remember talking to MyPrettTiedUpMichelle about Silverchair on here and she knows how amazing they were.

It's just a shame that most people (at least outside of Australia) are only familiar with those first two records when they were still a teenage rock band and not too original. Because it's not until the third record that they started to evolve and became so much more. People are missing out. Here is another song that is a good example of their evolved sound (heavy orchestra and pop influences) and talent;

Killer track! Thanks for posting it! In all the creative and grand arrangements and instrumentation his voice still stands out to me as the most unique and adventurous aspect. And thats saying a lot! Ive never heard that timbre from anyone else. Its great! 

I need to check out this album more :headbang:The cover art 'looks' like this sounds, to me :wow:

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

Great stuff, I'm hearing some Beatles and Bowie there. Yeah, like you mentioned I've sort of lost track with them recently but I would read about some of Daniel John's escapades.😄 But he really is a fantastic singer.

Edited by lame ass security

2 hours ago, soon said:

Killer track! Thanks for posting it! In all the creative and grand arrangements and instrumentation his voice still stands out to me as the most unique and adventurous aspect. And thats saying a lot! Ive never heard that timbre from anyone else. Its great! 

I need to check out this album more :headbang:The cover art 'looks' like this sounds, to me :wow:

I personally like Diorama more, but Young Modern is still really good and his voice is phenomenal.

The cover art is based on Piet Mondriaan's art. (don't know if you are familiar with him). The White Stripes named one of their records ''De Stijl'' after the art movement and also used it for their album cover.

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Great stuff, I'm hearing some Beatles and Bowie there. Yeah, like you mentioned I've sort of lost track with them recently but I would read about some of Daniel John's escapades.😄 But he really is a fantastic singer.

Yeah, he's pretty eccentric and has been through a lot, but a heck of a singer and an amazing songwriter for sure. I haven't really been into the stuff he's been doing after Silverchair broke up because he has been making RnB/dance/electronic music mostly for the last ten years and that's just not my cup of tea, but lately he's been posting pictures on instagram where he's playing guitar, so who knows... maybe he is returning to a more rock/pop style again.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

20 hours ago, EvanG said:

I personally like Diorama more, but Young Modern is still really good and his voice is phenomenal.

The cover art is based on Piet Mondriaan's art. (don't know if you are familiar with him). The White Stripes named one of their records ''De Stijl'' after the art movement and also used it for their album cover.

Diorama is so f'n good!! Would be hard to top! Im looking forward to checking out Young Modern more, though.

Ahhhh! Thanks for this info on the cover art. I am not familiar with Modriaans art. Im so happy you turned me onto him, Im fixing to dive down a rabbit hole on his work - I love this stuff :headbang:I have a sometimes tenuous relationship to modern art, wont bore you with details, but I find his story interesting so far in that he transitioned from painting figures to the abstract work we see on Young Modern. Thats really compelling to me and Im looking forward to learning more about that journey. Is he an artist you enjoy?

How on Earth do the Dutch produce so many incredible painters? Seriously, is there an explanation? It boggles the mind and is impressive af :headbang: 

Edited by soon