What Are You Listening To?

Dean

58 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Hell yeah, I think my favorite Wings song is Let Me Roll It. That chorus is awesome, some soul from Sir Paul.

Let Me Roll it is tremendous. Band on the Run is one of my favourite all time records. If you're ever struggling for a song to cover, I can definitely hear you doing an acoustic version of Let Me Roll It!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dean said:

Let Me Roll it is tremendous. Band on the Run is one of my favourite all time records. If you're ever struggling for a song to cover, I can definitely hear you doing an acoustic version of Let Me Roll It!

I've actually played around with it on occasion, maybe I'll give it a proper go at some point. 

• Thanks 1

Discovered this guy today, Ayron Jones, and what a fantastic find! Looking forward to the album coming out in May

What a great sound, it’s a mix of RATM, Living Colour, blues rock, grunge, and so damn soulful. Really nice lead guitar in parts reminiscent of Slash. Just fantastic stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Discovered this guy today, Ayron Jones, and what a fantastic find! Looking forward to the album coming out in May

What a great sound, it’s a mix of RATM, Living Colour, blues rock, grunge, and so damn soulful. Really nice lead guitar in parts reminiscent of Slash. Just fantastic stuff.

He opened for GNR at the Gorge in 2017. He was pretty good, I liked him better than Royal Blood. I'll check out the album when it's released.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He opened for GNR at the Gorge in 2017. He was pretty good, I liked him better than Royal Blood. I'll check out the album when it's released.

Speaking of the Gorge 2017 show, a new recording was recently posted on ttd, so I'm listening to it now. The songs I remember as highlights sound pretty good, but for the most part it's just a standard 2017 show. Cool to have a decent recording of a show I was at, though.

On 4/24/2021 at 1:25 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

I had no idea he’d been around since then. Never heard of him before. 

22 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

I had no idea he’d been around since then. Never heard of him before. 

Apparently Duff asked him that morning if his band could make it to the Gorge to open the show... idk how true that is but it's funny :lol: In 2017 he was on this song with Duff, Mike McCready and Barret Martin:

• Like 1