Bumblefoot interview on Compound Media (GNR discussions)

Don Jamieson interviewed Bumblefoot a few days ago on Compound Media.  At the 17:32 mark he is asked about his time in GNR.  I've direct linked to it below.  He's cordial about it, but you can tell uncomfortable. He talks about playing Don't Cry and getting the audience to sing along: 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

I've always liked Bumblefoot and wished that I would like his music more than I actually do. So I gave Sons of Apollo another chance, and I'm glad I did. Fall to Ascend is a pretty sick tune!

Sons of Apollo are excellent.

It's a cover, but check out their live version of Comfortably Numb on YouTube, Bumble properly lets rip. He's such a cool guy and phenomenal guitarist. Like Bucket, he was wasted in Guns if we're being honest about it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I think it was a mistake to be so vocal on his frustrations in the band. Unprofessional 

He was extraordinarily diplomatic while he was in the band, but they treated him like shit. Especially in 2010-2012 when he was recovering from a spinal injury in a severe car accident. They essentially told him upfront that if he didn’t show up for a tour that they’d cancel the tour and blame (implying that they would sue) him. He agreed to the tours, reconfigured his treatment schedule around the dates, and then the band started adding dates without regard for his health. By the UCAP shows in 2012 he was in extraordinarily rough shape, and basically put his life on the line for the fans. I believe there were stories of him and management fighting in the lobby in Vegas throughout the band’s residencies at The Joint and threatening to quit, which he ultimately did. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

No one held a gun to his head and made him perform. He was unhappy from 2011 onwards and carried on because it was a garunteed paycheck 

There is no rock band in the world more litigious than GN’R. I expect that Bumble was under a contract that he couldn’t get out of. 

On 1/5/2021 at 4:06 PM, rumandraisin said:

No one held a gun to his head and made him perform. He was unhappy from 2011 onwards and carried on because it was a garunteed paycheck 

Yeah... And a possible lawsuit blaming him for cancelling a tour worth milions of dollars that he didn't ever have wasn't like a gun on his head, what it would be? A real gun and a kidnapping situation?

There is/was nobody in the band post ‘95 that was fighting for new music like Bumble was. He was never my favorite GNR guitarist but I always respected him for giving back to the fans & not pulling any punches in interviews. His last interview as a member of the band where he ripped into the recording process was totally understandable & refreshing compared to all the blindingly reassuring updates we got from guys like DJ. I’m happy that he’s in the place he is now where he can be creative & still play big gigs with a classic rock band. Seems like what he always wanted from Guns.

• Like 2